Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cgsutton69

matt mills

Am I the only fan that wants Mills to stay. He was a class defender and could come good for us, just needs to sort out his differences with NP

This is the problem for me. What he (apparently) did, highlighted his attitude as a person. I couldn't care how good 'he is', or 'he could be', if he shows a lack of respect towards the manager (and somewhat the club) then I'm happy for him to be sold.

Doesn't matter if Pearson and Mills were best buddies I don't think Pearson doesn't want his wages on the book and doesn't want the rest of the team being unhappy that he paid so much higher than many of the others. How we are going to offload him and get him to agree terms with another club I do not know though its a mess

When he signed I claimed he was one of the best defenders in the league, from what I saw of him at Reading he was, I don't mind admitting from what i've seen of him a Leicester that I was wrong for making such a claim, for us he has been awful.

It hasn't worked out for him here, he hasn't stepped up to plate, it seems he doesn't want to be here, he can go.

Am I the only fan that wants Mills to stay. He was a class defender and could come good for us, just needs to sort out his differences with NP

I am with you, I believe our terrible midfield made him look worse, the same with our strikers. He had no option but to attempt long balls all the time simply because there was no good short option that wouldnt put us straight back under the cosh.

I am with you, I believe our terrible midfield made him look worse, the same with our strikers. He had no option but to attempt long balls all the time simply because there was no good short option that wouldnt put us straight back under the cosh.

lol lol lol Our midfielders and strikers made him look worse?! Bamba and SSL haven't had the problem of playing short balls out of defence.

Mills' distribution is poor, in fact, I dare say he'd struggle to find a blue shirt in the City Megastore.

It doesn't matter if we want him to stay, he has to go! Last season we were horribly over the financial fairplay limit, so we have got to cut where we can and I assume mills is on big wages, why do you think Pearson let the likes of Abe, Fernandes and Paintsil go so easily? I'm thinking Konchesky and Beckford will be off for the same reason.

If this were true, Morgan and St Ledger would be hoofing it long all the time too!

How good he was at Reading means the potential's there and I don't think any of our other centre halves have been any better this year.

Wages are a problem though and I don't know want to make of all these rumours. People forget he was a City fan as a youth.

Doesn't matter how much potential there is if he's not going to forfill the potential - which he can't do if he's not playing but he's had his chances in the past and hasn't living up to his potential or expectation then there is no point in having him here.

I had the same opinion of Stearman when he was here - Our best player of the season in his first season playing for us, great player, we'd seen what he'd got, we saw his potential, the next 2(?) season's he was awful, it was almost like he thought he walk into the team, an attitude appeared and he went downhill, I was happy to see the back of him.

As for him being a City fan as a youth...so what? We're all City fans, we'd all show much more passion and try harder than any of these players at the club - Doesn't make us very good footballers though does it?

All i'm saying is yes we've seen his potential at Reading, he's not done it here, he's been given his chances, he's blotted his copybook with the boss, it's never going to work out for him here - What is the point in having him here? Time to move on.

lol lol lol Our midfielders and strikers made him look worse?! Bamba and SSL haven't had the problem of playing short balls out of defence.

Mills' distribution is poor, in fact, I dare say he'd struggle to find a blue shirt in the City Megastore.

1000% correct that. good post

im obviously in the minority but i rate the lad and would certainly keep, he seems to declare hiseffection for the club, id test that by offerring to take him off the transfer list once he accepts wage cut

I saw our weakness in defence as Peltier, or in his defence the lack of midfield cover when he went forward. All our centre backs were made to look poor. I have seen that statistically Mills is our best centre back, more points won, less goals conceded.

As for the fallout with NP, both of them get a grip, NP struggles with egos, Matt fight for your place, show EVERYONE how much you care

With Bamba going (?), surely Mills and Morgan can form a good partnership, or 3 at back with SSL

Stringer has tweeted that Bolton want Mills. Rather have him in Scotland so he doesn't come back to haunt us

If a team in Scotland doesn't want him, then we'll have to sell him to a team in England, probably from the Championship. And I'd rather sell him to a team in England, instead of paying him to be here at Leicester.

Archived