Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny the Fox 95

How many season tickets have we sold so far?

They rang me twice when I was on my hollibobs last week, got home and had 3 landline voicemails, and the personalised brochure.

Still not renewing, Would love to know how much cash theyve pissed away on the brochures.

In the 11/12 season we sold 16,100 season tickets, in the season before we sold 15,100 - These were the figures given by the OS a while ago.

I'd guess with slightly lower expectations this time round that we will go on to sell around 15,000 for the upcoming season.

They're probably struggling since they've felt the need to contact me with a phone call, a brochure in the post, several texts and at least 4 emails reminding me when the earlybird option ends.

I've never had more than the initial ST brochure package before.

Unsurprisingly as a 23 year old student (STH last year) I haven't heard a peep, I've had a couple of e-mails but no brochure or phone contact.

Finally been told something about this. 3 emails in the space of an hour and some weird booklet in the post telling me everything is more expensive if i don't renew before tomorrow. I'll renew, so add me to the list.

Word of warning people. I'll start with a couple of quotes from my personalised "Season Tickets 2012/13. Your club. Your city." booklet which arrived through my letterbox two days ago.

During 2011/12 LCFC went through an extensive programme of consulation with Season Ticket Holders in order to shape the Club to meet the needs of the supporters. The key points highlighted by SeasonTicket Holders throughout our research were:

1 Increased flexibility

2 Greater amount of choice

We have continued to improve the direct debit scheme in order to give you increased flexibility of payment and improve your ability to have a manageable monthly payment.

Yeah right ok. Continuing (should you choose to pay by direct debit) ...

Direct debit - deposit equivalent to the first instalment of your Direct Debit scheme required, payable on application of each season ticket purchased.

So, strolled in today to the all new ticket office (didn't care too much for the new layout of it although the shop is a big improvement) and fully expected to be able to pay by direct debit to a term that I required over a period of 5 months, quite acceptable - considering the increased flexibility and greater amount of choice now offered by the club or so they state.

Response: "Sorry, no, you can't do that. The direct debit scheme must run for a period of 10 months."

Where is the flexibility in that people? lol

Having explained that when I previously bought my ticket by a similar scheme to this I was told "we don't offer that any more".

So in a nutshell (all sing together now)...

"We used to offer choice and flexibility, BUT NOT ANYMORE" :scarf:

The season hasn't even started and I'm moaning already! lol

The literature should clearly state that the direct debit scheme MUST last for 10 months - but it doesn't. Well done LCFC, I feel a valued season ticker holder once more. :thumbup:

:rolleyes:

Word of warning people. I'll start with a couple of quotes from my personalised "Season Tickets 2012/13. Your club. Your city." booklet which arrived through my letterbox two days ago.

During 2011/12 LCFC went through an extensive programme of consulation with Season Ticket Holders in order to shape the Club to meet the needs of the supporters. The key points highlighted by SeasonTicket Holders throughout our research were:

1 Increased flexibility

2 Greater amount of choice

We have continued to improve the direct debit scheme in order to give you increased flexibility of payment and improve your ability to have a manageable monthly payment.

Yeah right ok. Continuing (should you choose to pay by direct debit) ...

Direct debit - deposit equivalent to the first instalment of your Direct Debit scheme required, payable on application of each season ticket purchased.

So, strolled in today to the all new ticket office (didn't care too much for the new layout of it although the shop is a big improvement) and fully expected to be able to pay by direct debit to a term that I required over a period of 5 months, quite acceptable - considering the increased flexibility and greater amount of choice now offered by the club or so they state.

Response: "Sorry, no, you can't do that. The direct debit scheme must run for a period of 10 months."

Where is the flexibility in that people? lol

Having explained that when I previously bought my ticket by a similar scheme to this I was told "we don't offer that any more".

So in a nutshell (all sing together now)...

"We used to offer choice and flexibility, BUT NOT ANYMORE" :scarf:

The season hasn't even started and I'm moaning already! lol

The literature should clearly state that the direct debit scheme MUST last for 10 months - but it doesn't. Well done LCFC, I feel a valued season ticker holder once more. :thumbup:

:rolleyes:

i don't see what the issue is as there is no interest or admin fees... just makes the monthly payments affordable for more people.. they just take the cost of your annual ticket, divide it by 11, then you pay one month up front and the rest over 10 months... this surely isn't an issue or am i just being thick

Can you set up the direct debit online or have you got to ring them up?

And why is my renewal coming up with the wrong price? If I chose another seat in the same block it's £100 cheaper!

From the bumf i got i read it as though you can only change seat once the early bird has finished.... i may be wrong though.... think you've gotta set the dd up over the phone or in person though

From the bumf i got i read it as though you can only change seat once the early bird has finished.... i may be wrong though.... think you've gotta set the dd up over the phone or in person though

No, I don't want to change seat, but mine is coming up with the wrong price!

I renewed on the early bird and changed seats to a new block...

i don't see what the issue is as there is no interest or admin fees... just makes the monthly payments affordable for more people.. they just take the cost of your annual ticket, divide it by 11, then you pay one month up front and the rest over 10 months... this surely isn't an issue or am i just being thick

Paying over 11 months isn't an issue if you are happy with this. I, however, was happy to pay it off and get rid of it over 5 months but they wouldn't have it. A few years ago it wasn't a problem but now being given supposedly more flexibility and choice it is.

Archived