Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jock2612

Andrew Neville

I think he has little influence in negotiations but fails to stop things when they go mad, aka Maynard.

He's the one that does the negotiating and sadly he's well out of his depth.

Got where he is due to being a busy body.

He's the one that does the negotiating and sadly he's well out of his depth.

Got where he is due to being a busy body.

exactly with the Mills deal for example someone better would of either got a better deal for us in terms of fee and wages or told Sven its not gunna happen and that he needs to look else where

please look at the dross we've got on £££ and also the contracts he agreed to for players who didnt play or couldnt play due to retirement and injury ,you just cant write it .are you blinded by the light ?

You do realise he doesn't actually choose the players don't you? He doesn't do the medicals to check the players are actually fit either.

Does he negotiate, yes that's his job. Is he any good at it, who knows maybe not. What he doesn't have is carte blanche to spend what he wants on who he wants.

Whether it's the Chief Exec, the owner, the manager, someone else in a much more responsible position will either instruct him of what he can spend or approve all costings he comes up with.

To attempt to blame him for everything, and some of the things you are coming up with is frankly ludicrous. Whether you know the person who writes the contract or not means sod all. They aren't in all of the meetings and they don't know who has instructed what.

exactly with the Mills deal for example someone better would of either got a better deal for us in terms of fee and wages or told Sven its not gunna happen and that he needs to look else where

That's not an example, that's you just guessing. How do you know Sven or the owners didn't tell him what they were prepared to spend on the player?

Surely there must be some instruction from the manager. Pearson likes a strict wage structure so I'd imagine he'll have some level of input there.

If he has a budget I'm sure he will be watching over dealings as he'd be pretty pissed off if they came back to him and told him he couldn't have stewart or any of his other targets because they spent 8 mil on chester.

I think this was shown when trying for stewart in january, we left alone at 1.5, had this been sven I'm sure we'd have gone higher.

That's not an example, that's you just guessing. How do you know Sven or the owners didn't tell him what they were prepared to spend on the player?

We were bled dry for mills. We (fans) knew he was our top target, reading did and so did mills.

Do the maths.

We were bled dry for mills. We (fans) knew he was our top target, reading did and so did mills.

Do the maths.

even as just a negotiation tactic, we should of showed we were willing to walk away, but not doing that they had us over a barrel

Surely there must be some instruction from the manager. Pearson likes a strict wage structure so I'd imagine he'll have some level of input there.

If he has a budget I'm sure he will be watching over dealings as he'd be pretty pissed off if they came back to him and told him he couldn't have stewart or any of his other targets because they spent 8 mil on chester.

I think this was shown when trying for stewart in january, we left alone at 1.5, had this been sven I'm sure we'd have gone higher.

How do you know that?

NO Sven wouldn't have gone higher!! We just spent more during that period because the Thai's were gambling that we could achieve quick promotion. Once they realised we couldn't they let Sven go, brought in NP and tightened the budget. It's like when people blame SAF for blowing £7m on Bebe, he wasn't guilty of blowing the money he was guilty of bad judgement.

The owners have been pretty quick to get rid of people they don't think are up to the job.

If he had done that bad a job then he wouldn't still be here.

Seems a reasonable point. Assuming he must be one of the few to meet with the owners on a fairly regular basis you'd have thought they would have an incline if he wasn't the most suitable man for the job. Who knows though.

How do you know that?

NO Sven wouldn't have gone higher!! We just spent more during that period because the Thai's were gambling that we could achieve quick promotion. Once they realised we couldn't they let Sven go, brought in NP and tightened the budget. It's like when people blame SAF for blowing £7m on Bebe, he wasn't guilty of blowing the money he was guilty of bad judgement.

I think this about sums it all up for me.

The Thais have actually been hugely naive, both in terms of thinking we could achieve automatic promotion and then throwing money at Sven to do so.

Since they've had their fingers burnt Im sure they are tightening their purse strings and, for this reason, may well give Pearson more time to assemble a good, and cheaper young squad.

Shame they didn't think that way in the first place.

And of course, Sven, I would assume, happily went with the flow.

even as just a negotiation tactic, we should of showed we were willing to walk away, but not doing that they had us over a barrel

That is not really Andrew Neville's decision. If he and Sven were told they had unlimited funds. And then Sven told Neville to get Mills and that's he's his number one target. Neville did his job and got Sven his man, whether a better deal was available or not is just guess work.

Do the maths.

Do what maths?

Do you know if Sven told him to get Mills at any cost? Do you know if the owners instructed him to get Mills at any cost? Do you know whether Sven told him what he thought he was worth and that he should go to that price? Do you know who approved what costings? Do you know he Neville did or didn't consult during the negotiations?

From what I can see the maths you are doing is 1+1 = 457.

That is not really Andrew Neville's decision. If he and Sven were told they had unlimited funds. And then Sven told Neville to get Mills and that's he's his number one target. Neville did his job and got Sven his man, whether a better deal was available or not is just guess work.

Do what maths?

Do you know if Sven told him to get Mills at any cost? Do you know if the owners instructed him to get Mills at any cost? Do you know whether Sven told him what he thought he was worth and that he should go to that price? Do you know who approved what costings? Do you know he Neville did or didn't consult during the negotiations?

You're talking too much sense for these lot mate. They've come on here, spouting a load of bollocks, then when you call bullshit they invent a load of 'facts' to browbeat you with and come out with shite like 'you do the maths'. Pathetic. If you can't support your argument with PROVABLE statements, then give it up - if you don't, you're just a moron.

is there NOW a lady thats now watching every step at the club that involves ££££ ? there is also a person at the academy keeping an eye over things there . WHY ? the figures paid in wages to players is ok'd by neville . we have 3 players on £28,000 a week . who did that ? yes ,neville . the reason craig mikhail smith didnt sign for us ? the contract neville put to him wasn't acceptable . it was written and ready for signing on his desk ready for smith . he didnt like it ? why ? cus he wanted £28,000 a week like the others neville put on . i cant prove any of this ,but its true .

is there NOW a lady thats now watching every step at the club that involves ££££ ? there is also a person at the academy keeping an eye over things there . WHY ? the figures paid in wages to players is ok'd by neville . we have 3 players on £28,000 a week . who did that ? yes ,neville . the reason craig mikhail smith didnt sign for us ? the contract neville put to him wasn't acceptable . it was written and ready for signing on his desk ready for smith . he didnt like it ? why ? cus he wanted £28,000 a week like the others neville put on . i cant prove any of this ,but its true .

And that's where your argument falls apart.

Beckford is on £100,000 a week, Konchesky had a signing on bonus of £8 million, Kasper has a clean sheet bonus of £10 million - all approved by that incompetent BASTARD Andrew Neville! The Thais were gutted when they found out what he'd been doing - they gave him that King Power cheque book and pen with trust! He is the sole cause for us not getting promoted and he should be fired immediately!

...Oh, by the way, I can't prove any of this, but let me assure you - it's all true. As an anonymous internet poster, I think you can agree - my word is money in the bank.

Do what maths?

Yes I know the answer to every question apart from the last one.

Yep, becuase you know everything don't you? That's nice for you. Prove it, or I'm not interested in anything you've got to say.

Who said that?

I'm sure i'll lose sleep tonight with your un-interest. :cry:

Nothing really changes here then - Babylon still towing the party line, everyone still moaning about the same players who let us down last season or still placing all their blind faith in players who haven't kicked a ball for us yet and have generally been rejected by big clubs. At least Nige is a genius and didn't pay £1m for a non league striker (or was that Andy Neville?) :rolleyes:

Yes I know the answer to every question apart from the last one.

Ha yeah course you do... if you knew so much about contracts you wouldn't have stated on here that Billy Sharp had it written into his contract that he could play one more game for Rovers and then join us. Did Neville make a mistake that made that contract void or something.

But lets not go down this road again.

Nothing really changes here then - Babylon still towing the party line, everyone still moaning about the same players who let us down last season or still placing all their blind faith in players who haven't kicked a ball for us yet and have generally been rejected by big clubs. At least Nige is a genius and didn't pay £1m for a non league striker (or was that Andy Neville?) :rolleyes:

How is saying that nobody actually has a clue who approved what toeing the party line. If you wasn't Neville it was the board or Sven who approved the overspend.

• 7 months later...

I think your comments on Andrew Neville are unjust and unaccounted for, especially from spectators of a football club and not those involved directly within the game.. Unless you know for certain the work he does do/or doesn't do it is purely negative speculaton. I believe Andrew's role is very similiar to that of Dick Law at Arsenal and he is purely a middle man... he gets told a player and the budget to work with, if a player comes in at a too high of a price this is down to the owners/manager/scouts identifying the wrong players and putting the wrong budget against them.

I think the chap who highlighted the less popular signings having been in the Sven era was spot on and it is very clear now that there has been a change of manager and direction but yet Neville remains it is evident where the figures/budgets that were being spent last season were coming from one place.

We as fans of the club need to appreciate Andrew has been in the business for over 30 years and real people within football have the upmost respect for him, none of you have worked a day within the industry and it's very easy to sit behind your computer and suggest people arn't competent at their jobs but at the end of the day I think in 30 odd years you would be found out....

The flak given against the Beckford signing, Mills signing and so on is purely humerous now... this is the same "terrible" negotiator who has secured us Chris Woods, Liam Moore and Kaspar Schmeichel on new long term deals as well as Knockaert, Marshall and Wes Morgan....

I think the guy deserves some credit...

I think your comments on Andrew Neville are unjust and unaccounted for, especially from spectators of a football club and not those involved directly within the game.. Unless you know for certain the work he does do/or doesn't do it is purely negative speculaton. I believe Andrew's role is very similiar to that of Dick Law at Arsenal and he is purely a middle man... he gets told a player and the budget to work with, if a player comes in at a too high of a price this is down to the owners/manager/scouts identifying the wrong players and putting the wrong budget against them.

I think the chap who highlighted the less popular signings having been in the Sven era was spot on and it is very clear now that there has been a change of manager and direction but yet Neville remains it is evident where the figures/budgets that were being spent last season were coming from one place.

We as fans of the club need to appreciate Andrew has been in the business for over 30 years and real people within football have the upmost respect for him, none of you have worked a day within the industry and it's very easy to sit behind your computer and suggest people arn't competent at their jobs but at the end of the day I think in 30 odd years you would be found out....

The flak given against the Beckford signing, Mills signing and so on is purely humerous now... this is the same "terrible" negotiator who has secured us Chris Woods, Liam Moore and Kaspar Schmeichel on new long term deals as well as Knockaert, Marshall and Wes Morgan....

I think the guy deserves some credit...

Well at least we know Andrew Neville can use FoxesTalk :)

Archived