Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Danny Murphy

Exactly the type of player we need, an experienced, playmaking leader in the middle of the park who can take a good set piece too (not much need for Gallagher anymore). With Danns buzzing about breaking things up this could have so much potential!

How many midfielders have we got ffs, just another journey man looking for a big wage packet no thanks

Is that based on the assumption because he is 35, he doesn't strike me as the sort of player that is motivated by money rather by playing the game, he is a season professional at the highest level and would significantly improve us.

He'd be a good player i hope but I bet he won't sign for us. Just hope we don't go down the same route and sign shite like Dio Kamara which Sven did - players only here for a big pay cheque and don't give a damn about the club. He'd be our best midfielder without a doubt and could coach james and drinky

He is from around that that area. Perhaps would be a better move for him up there. It wouldn't surprise me if he takes a player coach role where ever he goes as he seems to be the sort of personality that would make a good coach/manager one day.

Doubt it wil happen

If Blackburn are in for Murphy he will be able to finish at a club near to home.

Where does he live then, Col? His connections were in the North West for many years, but I wondered whether he might have moved closer to London recently.

I've wanted Murphy at Leicester since we took Lennon. He would've been a perfect signing for us. I agree with most on here that he would have a good attitude for us in spite of his age and status, he would add huge experience and nous, and would be a tremendous influence for our younger players.

Where does he live then, Col? His connections were in the North West for many years, but I wondered whether he might have moved closer to London recently.

I've wanted Murphy at Leicester since we took Lennon. He would've been a perfect signing for us. I agree with most on here that he would have a good attitude for us in spite of his age and status, he would add huge experience and nous, and would be a tremendous influence for our younger players.

No insider info mate. And mere conjecture on my part. Murphy is still big pals with a lot of the Merseyside crew I believe.. Gerrard, Owen, Fowler etc all close mates. I think many of them came through at Liverpool at a similar time. It wouldn't surprise me if he still has many connections to the area. You could well be right though, he could have moved himself and his family to London. He's been there long enough.

As I said, just a thought on my part.

And yes I reckon he'd be a great influence on our younger players and probably has still got a season of good football left in him.

Toffee Fox can you shed any light on this??

And while we're at it any news on Yobo, Palacios and Lionel Messi? It's almost certainly not happening, so why do people continue to get their hopes up over these kind of signings :/. I'd love to be proved wrong.

And while we're at it any news on Yobo, Palacios and Lionel Messi? It's almost certainly not happening, so why do people continue to get their hopes up over these kind of signings :/. I'd love to be proved wrong.

Adebayor and Beckham are still in talks with us mate and that kid from Real Madrid on loan. Trust me we're absolutely massive.

No insider info mate. And mere conjecture on my part. Murphy is still big pals with a lot of the Merseyside crew I believe.. Gerrard, Owen, Fowler etc all close mates. I think many of them came through at Liverpool at a similar time. It wouldn't surprise me if he still has many connections to the area. You could well be right though, he could have moved himself and his family to London. He's been there long enough.

As I said, just a thought on my part.

And yes I reckon he'd be a great influence on our younger players and probably has still got a season of good football left in him.

Except that he didn't come through the Liverpool youth network, but through Crewe's. Transferred to 'pool a year or two after Lennon came to us. But I guess you're right about the rest. All probably academic, as I expect it's a lazy link; in which case - shame.

Archived