Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Schlupp loan talk?

He's 20, he's good enough to play in my opinion. Good enough to get a cap for Ghana, but not enough to play in the Championship at the age of 20?!?! if he can score 6 in 9 with in League One then surely he's good enough to at least 'do a job' here, better option than the likes of Waghorn and Dyer already. And if Pearson disagrees, then I think we'll have another Gradel on our hands. Pearson's been a poor manager AND a poor businessman.

No better than Beckford, Nugent, Waghorn (You honestly think he's better than Waghorn, Have you got some sort of memory problem? :blink: ) and potentially Vardy, and given that we just spent a million pounds on him I doubt the grand plan is for him to be 5th choice striker TBH. Schlupp is 20, you'll notice that the clubs being linked to a loan deal are top League One sides who have very poor finances and couldn't afford anyone else, not a massive amount of interest from sides who want to finish in the top 6 of the Championship though is there? Schlupp needs to prove himself over a whole year at a top club in League One or a relegation scrapping Championship club before he gets in ahead of Nugent, Beckford and Waghorn all of which have done better in the Championship. Jeff no doubt has potential, but he isn't the finished article, a season out on loan where he can be sure that he'll be one of the first names on the team-sheet is exactly what he needs.

No better than Beckford, Nugent, Waghorn (You honestly think he's better than Waghorn, Have you got some sort of memory problem? :blink: ) and potentially Vardy, and given that we just spent a million pounds on him I doubt the grand plan is for him to be 5th choice striker TBH. Schlupp is 20, you'll notice that the clubs being linked to a loan deal are top League One sides who have very poor finances and couldn't afford anyone else, not a massive amount of interest from sides who want to finish in the top 6 of the Championship though is there? Schlupp needs to prove himself over a whole year at a top club in League One or a relegation scrapping Championship club before he gets in ahead of Nugent, Beckford and Waghorn all of which have done better in the Championship. Jeff no doubt has potential, but he isn't the finished article, a season out on loan where he can be sure that he'll be one of the first names on the team-sheet is exactly what he needs.

He was actually linked with a move to Liverpool early last season as well. To be honest, i see schlupp going the same way as Gradel, who Pearson didn`t feel warranted a place in the team, and who we let go for next to nothing, only for Leeds to sell him for about 2 million, after being one of their stand out players for 2 seasons, including in the championship.

He was actually linked with a move to Liverpool early last season as well.

Yeah but I'm talking about a loan, it doesn't mean we have to sell him. I doubt if Liverpool were interested, and I'm skeptical, that he would have been anywhere near the first team.

can we stop the hysterics its not like he's looked like a world beater when he's played for us, save the League cup games against League1/2 sides. He needs games to develop atm that is unlikely to happen here so loaning him out is logical, every other club does it yet for some reason the dumb asses on here can't get their head around the fact that he isn't ready yet, and is 4th or 5th choice, Another season where he plays a bit part and the odd "reserve" game will do him no good, so unless Nugent & Beckford leave a Schlupp loan stint will do him the world of good

He's 20, he's good enough to play in my opinion. Good enough to get a cap for Ghana, but not enough to play in the Championship at the age of 20?!?! if he can score 6 in 9 with in League One then surely he's good enough to at least 'do a job' here, better option than the likes of Waghorn and Dyer already. And if Pearson disagrees, then I think we'll have another Gradel on our hands. Pearson's been a poor manager AND a poor businessman.

I disagree with this, Waghorn still has potential and I expect him to shine under Pearson again

can we stop the hysterics its not like he's looked like a world beater when he's played for us, save the League cup games against League1/2 sides. He needs games to develop atm that is unlikely to happen here so loaning him out is logical, every other club does it yet for some reason the dumb asses on here can't get their head around the fact that he isn't ready yet, and is 4th or 5th choice, Another season where he plays a bit part and the odd "reserve" game will do him no good, so unless Nugent & Beckford leave a Schlupp loan stint will do him the world of good

I actually agree with this, but i still have a feeling it`s going to turn into the same scenario as we had with Gradel, where he impress`s on loan, someone comes in with a small offer for him, we sell him, and then the other club end up making a big fat profit on him 2 years later,

do you actually remember what happened with Gradel? he wasn't sold as we thought he wasn't good enough, Pearson didn't like his attitude (anyone else noticing a theme with Pearson?), Schlupp by all accounts has been the model pro and is hardly likely to want to move to Shef Utd, who couldn't afford him anyway.

Yet again someone is panicking over something that is just the normal practice of football

do you actually remember what happened with Gradel? he wasn't sold as we thought he wasn't good enough, Pearson didn't like his attitude (anyone else noticing a theme with Pearson?),

Anyone else noticing a theme with players that have a bad attitude? It's like Nigel doesn't want them around :blink: .

My personal interpretation is that nigel might be a bit to strict. I'm not saying its a bad thing but giving players a bit of slack every now and then, especially for things like wanting to be playing, also has benefits. Look at Man city, all the money in the world but they still allow the odd mishap from tevez or ballotelli and deal with it in their own way and we all know how that has ended up. Young men pumped with adrenaline and pressure is always going to be a tough thing to handle. Showing them where the exit is unless they act like matt oakley is not the solution.

My personal interpretation is that nigel might be a bit to strict. I'm not saying its a bad thing but giving players a bit of slack every now and then, especially for things like wanting to be playing, also has benefits. Look at Man city, all the money in the world but they still allow the odd mishap from tevez or ballotelli and deal with it in their own way and we all know how that has ended up. Young men pumped with adrenaline and pressure is always going to be a tough thing to handle. Showing them where the exit is unless they act like matt oakley is not the solution.

Christ on a bike!

The odd mishap with Tevez!

He refused to play for the club paying his wages and with his 'team mates' lol for what? Three months?

If Man Citeh had had anything much about them they would have simply terminated his contract.

I wonder what the rest of the squad really felt (not the rubbish they spouted in front of the tv cameras) about what Tevez did?

I commend Pearson for not allowing such player power to effectively dominate a football club both on and off the field.

Ok, they went on to win the Prem. But any respect I had for them went out the window when Mancini did the u turn he did.

He said Tevez would not play for the club again, then changed his mind when subjected to the pressure of having to win at all costs.

If Nige wants Mills out cos he's a disruptive influence then he gets my full backing. Promotion or not.

no what Mancini did was take back something he said in the heat of the moment, Tevez also had to apologise to Mancini and the squad before he was allowed to play, if Pearson was more flexible he'd get more out of players, the days where the best managers are like public school headmasters are long gone, players know now the manager will be sacked fairly quickly if they don't get results so will just wait him out

no what Mancini did was take back something he said in the heat of the moment, Tevez also had to apologise to Mancini and the squad before he was allowed to play, if Pearson was more flexible he'd get more out of players, the days where the best managers are like public school headmasters are long gone, players know now the manager will be sacked fairly quickly if they don't get results so will just wait him out

What Mancini did WAS a u turn and, I think, did it because he realised that Tevez was gonna be the difference between success and failure. Therefore, winning 'at all costs'. Pearson doesn't believe that Mills is gonna be the difference between success and failure. Do any if us? I dunno?

Massive difference in these two scenarios which you are overlooking.

not really its a principle of the situation, Pearson seems unwilling to adapt, Mancini was, Mancini has already won more as both a player or manager then Pearson could dream of so maybe Pearson could learn a thing or 2 and we're not just talking about Mills either, Campbell or Gradel could of been the difference at the time for us

not really its a principle of the situation, Pearson seems unwilling to adapt, Mancini was, Mancini has already won more as both a player or manager then Pearson could dream of so maybe Pearson could learn a thing or 2 and we're not just talking about Mills either, Campbell or Gradel could of been the difference at the time for us

Or they could have been a disruptive influence and stopped us managing to massivley overachieve in gaining a 5th place finish. :dunno:

Or they could have been a disruptive influence and stopped us managing to massivley overachieve in gaining a 5th place finish. :dunno:

More disruptive then Baloteli with all his antics I doubt it

do you actually remember what happened with Gradel? he wasn't sold as we thought he wasn't good enough, Pearson didn't like his attitude (anyone else noticing a theme with Pearson?), Schlupp by all accounts has been the model pro and is hardly likely to want to move to Shef Utd, who couldn't afford him anyway.

Yet again someone is panicking over something that is just the normal practice of football

Exactly what was wrong with Gradel's attitude? He's been at the club for years without any problem that i ever noticed on the countless occasions i met him and watched him play including the Academy Play-off final victory at Sunderland.

Strange, but Pearson looked all over him after that goal at Milton Keynes.

And while I don't see why managers have to "like" players attitudes anyway (I don't suppose he'd welcome Balotelli either! ), how come there seems to be so many people Pearson doesn't seem to like? Cos if any manager's going to get a team of winners together he'll be a lucky man indeed if they're all likeable and all have flawless attitudes.

I just dont get it.

DJ was here for how long?

Under how many managers?

How many goals did he score for us?

Where we playing particularly badly when Gradel was out of the team?

Didnt NP say that he wanted Gradel to stay and Gradel himself wanted to leave?

All this shit about NP being too strict or stubborn is absolute balls. So should Micky Adams have said to Dennis Wise, 'No dont worry about it Dennis, it was only a cheekbone'????

For christ sake people. All we all ever bang on about is wanting players who want to play for us to play for us. Why should NP be any different??

I just dont get it.

Under how many managers?

All this shit about NP being too strict or stubborn is absolute balls. So should Micky Adams have said to Dennis Wise, 'No dont worry about it Dennis, it was only a cheekbone'????

For christ sake people. All we all ever bang on about is wanting players who want to play for us to play for us. Why should NP be any different??

Are you suggeting Gradel didn't want to play for us? Cos I got the impression his not being picked was much closer to the truth. Hell we even played Dickov on the wing at Stockport and all sorts of others who didn't belong there. From the impression Gradel gave to me he left Leicester to get a game, not because he didn't want one.

I just dont get it.

Under how many managers?

This

Read Bruno berners last blog as he left the club, NP man management skills are second to none. He clearly draws a line and doesn't take shite....

Are you suggeting Gradel didn't want to play for us? Cos I got the impression his not being picked was much closer to the truth. Hell we even played Dickov on the wing at Stockport and all sorts of others who didn't belong there. From the impression Gradel gave to me he left Leicester to get a game, not because he didn't want one.

No i'm not suggesting that Gradel didnt WANT to play for us, i'm saying that he HAD to leave in order to play first team football as he wasnt getting it here.

My recall of that season may be very different to other peoples but it was like this: -

We started the season with a good balance of youth and experience in the side that Gradel unfortunately wasnt a part of. Gradel with the need for first team football, went on loan to Leeds, liked playing for Leeds, asked to join Leeds permanantly. No attitude, no falling out with the manager, just a natural progression that can often happen. He was not, and still is not an amazing player that would make the difference between promotion and staying in the Championship. He did well at Leeds, nobody is disputing that, but Dany N'Guessen in fairness did well for us in the play off season under NP.

In DJ's case, he'd been at the club for 2 years previously and never made an impact or even looked like making an impact. Fryatt until his jaw was smashed was scoring goals, Waghorn was a talented prospect who was also chipping in with goals and Howard was still performing well when in the team. DJ had a good loan spell with Blackpool the previous season and wanted to go back and they wanted to take him. Given the above, he was not going to get back in the team so off he went. The fact that he scored goals for Blackpool, got them to the play-offs and played a part in their promotion has no bearing whatsoever on his career or lack of it at Leicester. He was poor in our relegation season and up until he left on loan in League 1, looked terrible when he played.

NP has his faults as a manager but all of them do. But his handling of the players is most definitely (in my opinion) not one of them.

This

Read Bruno berners last blog as he left the club, NP man management skills are second to none. He clearly draws a line and doesn't take shite....

I tend to agree

The biggest sigh of relief I made when I knew that Sven was leaving the club was because it was becoming apparent, according to a number of sources, that he had 'lost the dressing room'.

When this happens it's game over. A manager is appointed to manage. If Pearson feels that Mills or whoever is gonna disrupt the harmony and wants to get rid, I'm with him all the way.

Player power can never become the norm because, if so, there is literally no point to being a manager.

Pearson seems to be quite assertive. Good. I want to think that the manager of the club I support is in charge of the players. Full stop.

However, all this aside, I do believe that we need to sign some better players. For me, despite all Pearsons 'man management skills' the current crop we have ain't good enough.

The first team may be ok, but the squad is looking short on quality. IMO.

Of course gradel had an attitude problem. He had a mass argument almost a fight to see who took a penalty.

The reality though is that gradel didn't play that well with any consistency whilst he was in the team. Which is why he didn't always play.

I tend to agree

The biggest sigh of relief I made when I knew that Sven was leaving the club was because it was becoming apparent, according to a number of sources, that he had 'lost the dressing room'.

When this happens it's game over. A manager is appointed to manage. If Pearson feels that Mills or whoever is gonna disrupt the harmony and wants to get rid, I'm with him all the way.

Player power can never become the norm because, if so, there is literally no point to being a manager.

Pearson seems to be quite assertive. Good. I want to think that the manager of the club I support is in charge of the players. Full stop.

However, all this aside, I do believe that we need to sign some better players. For me, despite all Pearsons 'man management skills' the current crop we have ain't good enough.

The first team may be ok, but the squad is looking short on quality. IMO.

A lot of sense in there, Col. But for me, it's the other way round re 'squad' and 'team'. I think the fact that nobody on here can predict what our strongest 11 looks likely to be (probably because we haven't signed some of them yet), is an issue. There just aren't enough 'stand-out' players in a squad of, primarily, mediocrity. Just feel we need a sprinkling of star-dust rather than more bread and butter in the squad, (he says, mixing up his metaphors) !!

Archived