Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Schlupp loan talk?

http://www.thestar.c...-them-1-4660509

SHEFFIELD United will move for Jeffrey Schlupp if the teenage striker is allowed to leave Leicester City on loan.

Schlupp, who scored six goals during a spell with Brentford last year, faces an uncertain future at the Championship club as owners Asian Football Investments prepare for another summer of lavish spending in the transfer market. Danny Wilson, United’s manager, is an admirer of Schlupp’s talents and would be tempted to offer an escape route out of the Midlands if the Ghana international finds his passage into City’s first team blocked.

A loan deal yes, but I really hope we don't opt for a loan deal with a view to making it permanent. We at Leicester LOVE pinning all our hope on a youngster to become a future star - Schlupp is no different. I'd love to see him playing for the first team, and playing well.

A loan deal would be great for him even if it's just 6 months, if he's having a great season we put him in the team for second half of the season if it's average we let them renew the loan or see if he can go elsewhere. Feel for the poor lad though he's picking up a few tough injuries and has surgery on both knees already, really does take it's toll on his development, from what I've seen on twitter though he really is determined to kick on and prove his worth.

Play him now, or loan him out to a Championship club that will give him game time. League One doesn't cut it.

He will be 20 years old this year, and not 17 anymore. Yes, there are quite many late bloomers in football, but I would rather give him the chance to prove himself right now.

I think it's a good thing him getting game time, i honestly can only see him featuring in a handful of games next season with the strikers we currently have.

So a loan might benefit both him and us, send him charlton for a few months :)

I don't see the point in loaning him to a League 1 club. He's scored 7 in 10 against that standard (including last season's cup goal v Bury) so he's proved he can do it at that level, what's the point in him doing it again? If we're going to loan him out, loan him to a Barnsley, Bristol City or a Peterborough, where (hopefully) he'd get regular football in the Championship.

Right call I think.

Just going on one of the above comments, about there is no point sending him on loan to a League 1 club...Sheffield United are much better than Brentford, it will be harder for Schlupp to score goals in a better side in Sheffield United, it could really show what he is capable of, Sheffield United are basically capable of playing in the Championship, they have very good players and it's not a guarantee that Schlupp will start most games for them, if this loan move happens.

Right move for Jeffrey in my opinion

Right all those saying "play him in the championship" are being noted down. So then when you come on here and whinge about how 'he's helping them to promotion at our expense' and 'Nigel's an idiot to loan him to xyz', I can tell you where to stick it.

Right call I think.

Just going on one of the above comments, about there is no point sending him on loan to a League 1 club...Sheffield United are much better than Brentford, it will be harder for Schlupp to score goals in a better side in Sheffield United, it could really show what he is capable of, Sheffield United are basically capable of playing in the Championship, they have very good players and it's not a guarantee that Schlupp will start most games for them, if this loan move happens.

Right move for Jeffrey in my opinion

Why would it be harder for Schlupp to score goals at Sheff U than it was at Brentford? If anything it will be easier as he will have better players around him. He's proved he can score at that level, his record shows that although of course you could argue that he didn't play long enough at that level to prove anything. It's time for him to make another step in his development, which for me is playing regularly in the Championship, rather than in one of the better sides in League 1.

Those people who are saying "loan him to a championship team" you do realise we can't just loan him to whoever we want. A championship team does have to show an interest first.

Well obviously, but I'd say that Schlupp is as good as, if not better than, strikers who play regularly for the clubs I suggested. I'd be surprised if he was on the loan market and no Championship teams were interested in him, considering his ability and the fact that it would cost them next to nothing.

I think he could play a role for us once he's back to full fitness. He made a few appearances last term and I think he would have made more had it not been for injury which kept him out for quite a while. I'd like to see him kept at Leicester and in our squad - particularly as we're back up to the normal number of substitutes again.

Think we've realistically got enough options upfront this season without him so it'll be a good opportunity for him to get some more experience. Just hope that if it happens it's a nicer club than Sheffield United.

Sorry to say what I have seen of him he flatters to deceive. Runs around a lot ( youth ) but lacks that striker instinct at our level. So yes put the lad out on loan and hopefully he will come back more experienced or we will get a good fee if he shines at that level.

Archived