Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Schlupp loan talk?

"The ones who don't take it on board often get shipped out eventually."

You'd do well in politics, Babs!

The ones.......often (but not always).........get shipped out "eventually" (but not until they've outlived their usefulness)! That sure gets 100% for covering all the bases!lol

Roy Keane and Eric Cantona were cracking players but the "right attitude?" I'm not sure either would win nominations for sainthood and Wayne Rooney's never struck me as ambassador material either!

Cleverley and Davies were excellent loaness but that's all they were. They weren't our players at any time. Pearson was expected to pick them so there wasn't likely to be a problem - particularly as both were young players being given a near guaranteed chance to shine.

What I want to know is whether Pearson can have a squad of talented players and deal with those who are out of favour - or out of the team - without falling out with them all.

It strikes me that Pearson wants to show his ruthlessness and to command absolute respect without really earning it. Cos any self-respecting footballer would be pissed off bigtime to have been part of the sort of garbage we turned out as a football team far too often last season - and countless seasons before that.

A game or two is one thing, but to be effectively out of contention for automatic promotion so early in the season and despite so much backing was lamentable and despite our more blinkered fans saying it would all start happening "tomorrow" it never was going to because we never were good enough for countless reasons mentioned in numerous threads by myself and others.

Pearson has every right to do things his way and, despite my reservations, I've backed him being given the time to do that. But I don't think he got anything like the best out of what we had in the second half of last season, I wasn't especially impressed with the footbal we played even in our promotion year and I'm a long way from being convinced that Pearson is anything but a Steady Eadie in a suit.

• 2 weeks later...

Sheffield Utd are to complete 3 signings today one is rumored to be Schlupp on loan.

According to the BBC, Schlupp is not amongst the three players named as signing for Sheffield Utd. There is a striker from Crewe and a couple of free agents.

I can see this completely mirroring the Gradel situation.

Why? There are no similarities at all. Pearson started Schlupp when he could last season, and has been involved in pre-season games. Pearson obviously has trust in him to do a job.

If he goes out on loan it will be good for him instead of warming the bench for 15 minutes near the end.

Why? There are no similarities at all. Pearson started Schlupp when he could last season, and has been involved in pre-season games. Pearson obviously has trust in him to do a job.

But the same could have been said of Gradel during the 2009/10 pre-season...?

But the same could have been said of Gradel during the 2009/10 pre-season...?

For me, Gradel was different in that he probably could have challenged for a first team spot week in, week out. Schlupp has potential for sure, and he's shown glimpses of what he can do, but he's not good enough yet to hold down a spot in our first team. You can't really argue that he deserves to be ahead of our exisiting stikeforce of Nugent, Beckford and Waghorn, plus Pearson won't have brought in Vardy and Futacs for no reason, he obviously wants to add quality up front. I think a season-long loan to someone like Sheff U would do him the world of good, get him playing week in and week out and hopefully get him scoring goals.

I think the difference between Gradel and Schlupp is that the latter is a lot more of a professional than the former. IMO Gradel seemed to think he automatically deserved a place in the first team and wanted to get away to find first team football, Schlupp appears to realise this is all part of his development as a player and I think he'll want to get away to find first team football to improve his chances of breaking into our first team.

For me, Gradel was different in that he probably could have challenged for a first team spot week in, week out. Schlupp has potential for sure, and he's shown glimpses of what he can do, but he's not good enough yet to hold down a spot in our first team. You can't really argue that he deserves to be ahead of our exisiting stikeforce of Nugent, Beckford and Waghorn, plus Pearson won't have brought in Vardy and Futacs for no reason, he obviously wants to add quality up front. I think a season-long loan to someone like Sheff U would do him the world of good, get him playing week in and week out and hopefully get him scoring goals.

I wasn't arguing that at all, I was just arguing that there are some similarities. I honestly couldn't comment on how professional Gradel is, but it's no surprise to me that he enjoyed playing regularly at Leeds more than sitting on the bench here, and I reckon it would/will probably be the same for Schlupp and most other players. I do think he needs to go out on loan to get experience because he can't be ahead of our other strikers, I just hope that he does enough to prove himself worthy of getting straight into the team when he comes back or I can see him wanting to move on as well.

I think the difference between Gradel and Schlupp is that the latter is a lot more of a professional than the former. IMO Gradel seemed to think he automatically deserved a place in the first team and wanted to get away to find first team football, Schlupp appears to realise this is all part of his development as a player and I think he'll want to get away to find first team football to improve his chances of breaking into our first team.

Just to reiterate, allegedly Gradel was a pain in the arris. He was known to be temperamental right from an early age and thought he should be playing far more than he was.

Undoubted talent was Max, but I believe Pearson got pissed off with him as well so decided to let him go.

Not a 'Pearson type player' to coin an oft used phrase.

Or so I heard...

You'd do well in politics, Babs!

The ones.......often (but not always).........get shipped out "eventually" (but not until they've outlived their usefulness)! That sure gets 100% for covering all the bases!lol

Roy Keane and Eric Cantona were cracking players but the "right attitude?" I'm not sure either would win nominations for sainthood and Wayne Rooney's never struck me as ambassador material either!

Who is talking about ambassador material. United have had some of the best players going over the last 20 years, but they have all put in effort and teamwork to go with their quality.

Just to reiterate, allegedly Gradel was a pain in the arris. He was known to be temperamental right from an early age and thought he should be playing far more than he was.

Undoubted talent was Max, but I believe Pearson got pissed off with him as well so decided to let him go.

Not a 'Pearson type player' to coin an oft used phrase.

Or so I heard...

True, very true.

Archived