Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Football Manager 2013

I Personally find the current format for the 'media conferences' a little tedious- but what benefit/ consequences does it actually have?

Same old thing repeated time and time again....

Same as the team talks ..

Infact i wonder if there is a skill that could be learnt/ gained in game.. ( tyou giving the team talk instead of your assistant manager, but it being done automatically) A team talk will be better received from a manager that is respected, i would imagine. instead of repeating the same things over and over again you should just have a 'level of respect' or 'ability to inspire' or just the plain 'motivating' function.This could be improved upon or ruined in your day to day interaction with the players.... fining a player who gets sent off for violent play, thus losing your teamates the game should be worthy of gaining respect...

Trying to sell a young player you signed on a free 6 months later just to try and generate some money as a tactic without any intention of ever playing him :whistle: Should lose you some respect...

A free download that allows you to change the heading 2012 to 2013 thus saving you a lot of money to buy the new one.

Is there a free demo version? I'll be happy to take anyones 2012 FM off their hands to save them binning it.

A free download that allows you to change the heading 2012 to 2013 thus saving you a lot of money to buy the new one.

Is there a free demo version? I'll be happy to take anyones 2012 FM off their hands to save them binning it.

I don't think you can, I think the code you get with the game will only work the once? I am not sure though!

There's a free demo every year, lets you play half the season I think.

Also there is a way to play FM on 2 computers. 1 person can use the disc and the other can use steam.

I don't think you can, I think the code you get with the game will only work the once? I am not sure though!

I could be wrong.... but i thought i read somewhere you can share the liscence between 5 computers....

Should be able to play as managers. Like carry on as Mourinho or Wenger or something. Give it some achievements so it's not too easy and gves you incentive and you're sorted if you get bored of standard games.

Need to do stats properly too. Why only show goals per season from the league and ignore Europe/FA cup/League cup on player history page? Makes your players look well worse than they are, you want to see full stats not half arsed ones.

Will post more as I think of them.

I could be wrong.... but i thought i read somewhere you can share the liscence between 5 computers....

I know that the fm from recent years you could do that, but they obviously took this away in the latest one because people buy the game between five instead of one each. Suppose can't blame them. I could be wrong though!

The two things that started to get on my nerves on the last game were the interviews, i dont think it should have a negative effect on the team if you choose skip these, and the players moaning about everything constantly, it seems you cant manage a team without half of them being unhappy to play for you.

Never liked Football Manger. The graphics when you play a match are so poor. There just balls chasing a smaller ball round the pitch. I'll stick to FIFA thanks

I think you're totally missing the point. Football Manager was just as good when it was still called Championship Manager and the matches were just plain text. It's a football manager sim, and a bloody good one. It was never an arcade football game. It was never trying to be FIFA or PES. The matches in FM aren't the main part of the game. The fun is in building your own squad, making a club a successful business and building your reputation as a manager within the game.

I'm sure the manager one I had, had graphic players. A later demo one never. It was OK but they played the same scenes in different matches and the commentary was also repeated. 'What a great save' No it wasn't, the ball boobled into the keepers hands after a crap shot at goal.

My team was never happy with me and always were injured or getting suspended. It was normally the players I had no position cover for. That doesn't happen to Fergie.

I wonder if there should be a limit as to how many players you should be allowed at the club. Or a maximum of how many in the reserves, or in the 1st team squad or something like that...

One of the things i like doing, especially when not at a top team and needing to generate money, is snap up alot of good young players From around Europe and sell them on a year or two later. I Make about 25m a season doing this...

Currently... as well as having 24 players in my first team squad( nothing terrible there) I have 38 players in my reserve team..... :whistle:

Its a great way of making money.... I sell on average 10-15 players a season Realistic? meh

I wonder if there should be a limit as to how many players you should be allowed at the club. Or a maximum of how many in the reserves, or in the 1st team squad or something like that...

One of the things i like doing, especially when not at a top team and needing to generate money, is snap up alot of good young players From around Europe and sell them on a year or two later. I Make about 25m a season doing this...

Currently... as well as having 24 players in my first team squad( nothing terrible there) I have 38 players in my reserve team..... :whistle:

Its a great way of making money.... I sell on average 10-15 players a season Realistic? meh

I'm sure there used to be a limit of 50 players (I guess it was for saving memory). I pretty sure there was on CM 00/01. You're given a transfer/wage budget, so if you want to buy lots of players and can afford it, I don't see what the problem is. I think it might be more unrealistic for the board to limit the number of players you can have.

Just trying an online browser manager team. Its a made up league and teams. They calculate results each day. 24th week and its hard to tell what games have been played. There is a quest at the beginning. Might not bother with it again. There are extra things such as stats which you have to buy I think. Others might like it but for me not worth the efort every day spending time on it.

I'm sure there used to be a limit of 50 players (I guess it was for saving memory). I pretty sure there was on CM 00/01. You're given a transfer/wage budget, so if you want to buy lots of players and can afford it, I don't see what the problem is. I think it might be more unrealistic for the board to limit the number of players you can have.

im sure that kind of thing does happen about there being a wage budget... but I would be suprised if any club chairman would realisticly allow a manager to have 62 professional players...

im sure that kind of thing does happen about there being a wage budget... but I would be suprised if any club chairman would realisticly allow a manager to have 62 professional players...

True, not many clubs in real life have that many senior players. However, I think any club chairman would allow a manager to have 62 players, if that manager was making a profit when selling nearly every one of them. This is where we run into the differences between the game and real life. Really, I think it's probably a bit too easy in the game to find young players that become class acts. I think that's where the problem lies, because I'm sure any chairman in real life would encourage the manager to go out and get more players if the manager kept selling each player on for a pfofit.

I think a limit would infuriate me, like other things in the game that simply wouldn't happen in real life. For example, when you buy a player who's played for two clubs already in the season and is ineligible, or is out injured for months, but then moans about not getting first team football. To make the game more realistic with regard to the number of players a club has, the solution should be to make it slightly more difficult to find good players. Maybe have fewer good scouts in the game, or make the best scouts worse by making them wrong about players more often.

Should be able to get assistant manager positions and work your way up by managing the reserves and having to work under the manager during first team matches, like you'd have to try and motivate players and stuff. I've never truely felt like I've earned my position, even when you start in the BSP or something.

As above. Have a trial season if you are new or not very good at the game. Even experienced might benefit from tips. Or have a Q & A.

But I expect there must be a help section already.

If the Manager is sacked you could be given two or three games then given a choice of following the old manager or take on his role.

A better transfer system, it's strange that I can have a £14 million bit accepted for David Villa and yet I need to pay over £80 million for Papadopoulos from Shalke.....

Archived