Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Football Manager 2013

I don't get "snobby" about FM specifically, I just get frustrated with people - in all walks of life - who don't open their eyes and actually help themselves.

Not that I'd expect you to agree with me, Oz, given you ask FT for guidance on basically everything.

lol

I love how people like you project your own pissiness on to me and assume I'm the one getting upset.

I answered a couple of points about a computer game, you got your panties bunched and started making jibes not the other way around.

What, because I suggested a game you struggle with is easier than you let on? :P

Well they made announcements throughout August for 2011. I have however since read mid september also, apparently it was due for last week for the Miles Jacobson has had some personal issues which has delayed it.

Football Manager 2012 - October 21st 2011

Football Manager 2011 - November 5th 2010

Football Manager 2010 - October 30th 2009

Football Manager 2009 - November 14th 2008

Football Manager 2008 - October 18th 2007

Football Manager 2007 - October 20th 2006

Football Manager 2006 - October 21st 2005

Football Manager 2005 - November 5th 2004

Can't see why it would be much different to these dates to be honest.

Football Manager 2012 - October 21st 2011

Football Manager 2011 - November 5th 2010

Football Manager 2010 - October 30th 2009

Football Manager 2009 - November 14th 2008

Football Manager 2008 - October 18th 2007

Football Manager 2007 - October 20th 2006

Football Manager 2006 - October 21st 2005

Football Manager 2005 - November 5th 2004

Can't see why it would be much different to these dates to be honest.

He's talking about an announcement to the release date. Not the release itself.

Would like the game to be made realistic or to at least have a realistic mode.

Realistic mode would have all player and staff statistics hidden permenantly. You would then have to rely entirely on the scouts opinions and your own judgement based on available statistics such as goals scored, tackles made, assists etc.

Its far to easy to see who the best players are and just sign 10 players or more a season.

Being able to opt out of certain tedious aspects of the game, press conferences/releases are the worst. You can tell the assistant to give the conference but then you get labelled as media shy. Would rather just pick a tone and have them done automatically.

Realistic mode would have all player and staff statistics hidden permenantly. You would then have to rely entirely on the scouts opinions and your own judgement based on available statistics such as goals scored, tackles made, assists etc.

Its far to easy to see who the best players are and just sign 10 players or more a season.

Being able to opt out of certain tedious aspects of the game, press conferences/releases are the worst. You can tell the assistant to give the conference but then you get labelled as media shy. Would rather just pick a tone and have them done automatically.

You know you can't actually see the players on the game though. What you're saying would be like all the managers in the World being blind.

You know you can't actually see the players on the game though. What you're saying would be like all the managers in the World being blind.

Not sure what you mean by this? You mean not being able to watch replays of players in action?

You can hide player attributes at the start of the game, which is effectively what you are asking for.

Not sure what you mean by this? You mean not being able to watch replays of players in action?

There would be literally no way of telling how good a player is. The ratings are the games way of showing you a players ability, the same as if you see a player in real life you can see how fast he his or how good he is at heading or any of the stats on a players profile. If you didn't know any of them you would have no idea what the player was good at, the same as if you were blind in real life.

You can hide player attributes at the start of the game, which is effectively what you are asking for.

I'm pretty sure it just means that you cannot see all of a players attributes from the start rather than hiding them permenantly. Ie after scouting them even with a shit scout you can see their stats.

There would be literally no way of telling how good a player is. The ratings are the games way of showing you a players ability, the same as if you see a player in real life you can see how fast he his or how good he is at heading or any of the stats on a players profile. If you didn't know any of them you would have no idea what the player was good at, the same as if you were blind in real life.

You can go and watch players in action at other clubs. You have access to alot of statistics for players like their pass completion their shots to goals etc. And of course there are the scouts reports. Right now i find myself barely doing any homework on a player as i can tell purely from hard stats how good they are going to be in the game. I'm just saying take the hard stats that the game actually uses to calculate player effectiveness away from the view of the user. Have them rely on soft stats. Either way it wouldn't exactly be hard to implement from a programming point of view and theres no real impact on people who would prefer it as it stands, the stats could even be toggled during a game.

I'm pretty sure it just means that you cannot see all of a players attributes from the start rather than hiding them permenantly. Ie after scouting them even with a shit scout you can see their stats.

You can go and watch players in action at other clubs. You have access to alot of statistics for players like their pass completion their shots to goals etc. And of course there are the scouts reports. Right now i find myself barely doing any homework on a player as i can tell purely from hard stats how good they are going to be in the game. I'm just saying take the hard stats that the game actually uses to calculate player effectiveness away from the view of the user. Have them rely on soft stats. Either way it wouldn't exactly be hard to implement from a programming point of view and theres no real impact on people who would prefer it as it stands, the stats could even be toggled during a game.

I think it would reduce the playability of a game. It would literally take 90 minutes to watch a game a player you are interested in is playing in, if thats what you are suggesting. and even then, you'd be signing a player based on just one game.... could of been a good one for him or a bad one.

Although i do like the idea of toggling certain stats as an option. It would be like introducing different difficulty levels.. we sort of have that now with attribute masking but it seems to be one or the other. I dont think there are enough options.... easiest option being every attribute is available... difficult could be where every attribute is hidden maybe.

And thats obviously the level Sven chose before signing Matt Mills... :ph34r:

Just watched the press conference, and also read this...

"The best-selling, most realistic football management series ever made is back and will be released before Xmas. Football Manager 2013 introduces more than 900 new features & new ways to play – the major features were announced at a recent "press conference" that you can watch below. Check http://www.footballmanager.com/ from Monday for more indepth feature videos each week"

"No release date as yet, but hopefully before Christmas"

"Can get through a season in 8 - 10 hours"

In the preferences (display & sound) you can change the numerical attributes to graphical ones which makes it more difficult to judge a player at a glance. When combined with attribute masking it makes it a bit more realistic. You can still guess roughly what the attributes are from the graphics though, so it is somewhere in between what you want and the normal.

This is what it looks like on a non scouted player.

Just watched the press conference, and also read this...

"The best-selling, most realistic football management series ever made is back and will be released before Xmas. Football Manager 2013 introduces more than 900 new features & new ways to play – the major features were announced at a recent "press conference" that you can watch below. Check http://www.footballmanager.com/ from Monday for more indepth feature videos each week"

"No release date as yet, but hopefully before Christmas"

"Can get through a season in 8 - 10 hours"

By press conference do you mean this:

Archived