Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Football Manager 2013

Never played FM before but everyone says its good and sounds interesting :) and would It run on a toshina windows 7 laptop (FM13)

If I had never played it before, I'd want someone to warn me about it - just like with smoking.

It's very, very addictive and can totally take over your life. Be warned.

In the past 2 versions at least there's been a bug when playing in 1366x768 you can't see the whole Training screen so can't assign all the coaches schedules, just a small issue but means you have to swap resolutions to set schedules

Never played FM before but everyone says its good and sounds interesting :) and would It run on a toshina windows 7 laptop (FM13)

This time next year don't say Raw Dykes didn't warn you! It is the most addictive game I've ever played, it has the potential to take over your life.

In the past 2 versions at least there's been a bug when playing in 1366x768 you can't see the whole Training screen so can't assign all the coaches schedules, just a small issue but means you have to swap resolutions to set schedules

Are you running it full screen or windowed?

Just Auto-assign roles...

Thinking of getting a new laptop to replace my Desktop ( 10 years old ) . Want it for every day use but mainly to play FM when new one comes out . Heare are my choices ;

Asus X54C-SX127V Intel Pentium Dual Core 8GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, 15.6 inch Laptop....... 349.99

Acer Aspire 5733Z Intel Pentium 6Gb 500Gb 15.6 inch HD Laptop - Charcoal Grey......329.00

Packard Bell TK Intel Pentium Processor 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive 15.6 inch Laptop.......299.00

Dont want to go OTT if i dont have to . If anyone can tell me is it the CPU's amount of ram that determines the amount of leagues you can run ?

This is the same in windowed mode. Always annoying having to switch to full screen to set Andy Cole as attacking coach and Darren Powell as defensive coach.

This is the same in windowed mode. Always annoying having to switch to full screen to set Andy Cole as attacking coach and Darren Powell as defensive coach.

Thinking about it, I think I meant it say Windowed, then have to switch to full screen as the auto assign is never what I want

I'd also like to see a super slimmed down version so I can do a season in a day again. One of the main reasons I lose interest in game saves is it taking months to finish a single season.

I just want to sign players, win games and improve the next season.

I'd also like to see a super slimmed down version so I can do a season in a day again. One of the main reasons I lose interest in game saves is it taking months to finish a single season.

I just want to sign players, win games and improve the next season.

This. I'd love a version with just the very basics involved, it'd be a lot more playable for first time FM players if, like Smuts said, you could get through a season a day and be able to get to the top quicker.

This time next year don't say Raw Dykes didn't warn you! It is the most addictive game I've ever played, it has the potential to take over your life.

I swear its the reason my last relationship failed... nothing on earth is as addictive as FM.

I swear its the reason my last relationship failed... nothing on earth is as addictive as FM.

I know that wasn't the first or the last relationship ruined by this drug. I wouldn't be surprised if there's an Football Manager's Anonymous set up somewhere.

Needs to be an 'undo' for team talks. Yesterday I selected 'no pressure', then on the defence I accidently selected 'expect a performance' :blush: Tried 'undo' but that only works for your tactics!

edit: Mind you, I suppose it would be like cheating. You could select one, see no reaction from the players, so try another, etc. Yeah, bad idea, ignore it.

Surely it's about time players can get banged up in game?

And I say it every year - I'd love there to be a database option somewhere with all the players who are out of contract on July 1st available on frees. Obviously cos the game starts after the August transfer window these players already go to teams. I'd like to be able to start the season exactly as it was on the day the game starts.

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but one thing I'd really like to see in a future version is the ability to play as a real manager with the reputation they have and be able to build up this up or ruin it, obviously depending on results or achievements.

Obviously it would make the game easy if you started as SAF etc, but it could be a laugh playing as Pearson and being able to give answers to interview questions in his style (get stringer in the game too!).

It bugs me that if you start a game managing a team, the current manager there is sacked and there is no option to play as that manager instead of creating a new manager to play the game and manage the team you desire.

Thoughts?

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but one thing I'd really like to see in a future version is the ability to play as a real manager with the reputation they have and be able to build up this up or ruin it, obviously depending on results or achievements.

Obviously it would make the game easy if you started as SAF etc, but it could be a laugh playing as Pearson and being able to give answers to interview questions in his style (get stringer in the game too!).

It bugs me that if you start a game managing a team, the current manager there is sacked and there is no option to play as that manager instead of creating a new manager to play the game and manage the team you desire.

Thoughts?

Good idea.

I had my first nipper last April and as such, even though i bought FM12, i literally didnt even get through pre-season. Its a shame for me because i have played every game A LOT since about CM2.

What I am thinking about doing next season is getting the hand held version on my phone, i was wondering if you could get a demo of the game for free? I dont really want to pay £5 or £6 and still not play it! However, for my current lifestyle it could be absolutely ideal!

If I had never played it before, I'd want someone to warn me about it - just like with smoking.

It's very, very addictive and can totally take over your life. Be warned.

Haha I'll keep that in mind, cheers :)

So anyone know if it would run on a average toshiba windows 7 laptop, (with the graphics card it came with) 2gb ram

Archived