Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Football Manager 2013

That's not strange, Schalke are a financially stable club with aspirations of Champions League success who don't want to sell their best players. He can become one of the better CBS on the game and he's quite young.

By contrast, David Villa signed for Herucles for free on my Betis save recently because he's getting old and he can't get in the Barcelona team as the game favours Sanchez.

I never even use the 3D cameras. Football Manager really isn't about the graphics but it's a much better game than FIFA really. It's a shame some people are unwilling to give it a chance because 'the graphics aren't as good' or because 'not controlling the players is pointless'.

Needs to be an 'undo' for team talks. Yesterday I selected 'no pressure', then on the defence I accidently selected 'expect a performance' :blush: Tried 'undo' but that only works for your tactics!

edit: Mind you, I suppose it would be like cheating. You could select one, see no reaction from the players, so try another, etc. Yeah, bad idea, ignore it.

Just beat West Ham 4-1 then accidently slipped and selected 'assertive > not happy with your performance'. All the players went red.

:banghead:

I never even use the 3D cameras. Football Manager really isn't about the graphics but it's a much better game than FIFA really. It's a shame some people are unwilling to give it a chance because 'the graphics aren't as good' or because 'not controlling the players is pointless'.

Same here - never used the 3D view. The graphics are totally irrelevant in FM - it was just as good when the matches were just text. I like the 2D view, but I'd still play the game if that was never included.

I don't know why anyone would compare FM and FIFA - they're totally different types of game. It's a bit like comparing Street Fighter with COD because they've both got fighting in, or Gran Turismo and Grand Theft Auto because they've both got cars in.

I'd love a much better transfer system where teams actually make decent offers for my players, rather than well below market value. The amount of times teams actually come in with a decent offer for a player is awful. I shouldn't have to offer every single player i want to sell.

I agree with that. The worst is my top youngsters, at Bayern I've naturally gone and splashed a fair bit bringing in some of the top youngsters and every single window you get clubs like Man City and Liverpool making pathetic, embarrassing offers of like £1.5mil, only to return a day later with £1.8mil.

I was fvcking livid earlier, my next star left back, Nantes wanted him off me, bidded a few times and they did improve the offers a fair bit until I saw the dreaded "Nantes make Mercier bid" with no option to accept or reject. My board, Bayern Munich's board, had accepted £6mil for a star youngster. That's completely fvcked. That would never ever happen, I'd be annoyed if my chairman at Leicester did that but Bayern? One of Europe's giants?

Thankfully Mercier turned down Nantes, another balls up by FM, stating his reasons were lack of financial reward (:rolleyes:) and failure to adapt in a new country, despite the fact he's French.

I think that a first team place option should be in place for when you send a player (especially a younger player) out on loan. For example, if I'm sending a player out on loan I want to add an option which enables the loaning club to play my player in matches.

I'm fed up of sending younger players out to gain experience and them coming back after three months having not played a single game.

I agree with that. The worst is my top youngsters, at Bayern I've naturally gone and splashed a fair bit bringing in some of the top youngsters and every single window you get clubs like Man City and Liverpool making pathetic, embarrassing offers of like £1.5mil, only to return a day later with £1.8mil.

I was fvcking livid earlier, my next star left back, Nantes wanted him off me, bidded a few times and they did improve the offers a fair bit until I saw the dreaded "Nantes make Mercier bid" with no option to accept or reject. My board, Bayern Munich's board, had accepted £6mil for a star youngster. That's completely fvcked. That would never ever happen, I'd be annoyed if my chairman at Leicester did that but Bayern? One of Europe's giants?

Thankfully Mercier turned down Nantes, another balls up by FM, stating his reasons were lack of financial reward ( :rolleyes:) and failure to adapt in a new country, despite the fact he's French.

If you set asking prices really, really high you will never lose players as no-one will ever bid :thumbup:

When selling players, I'd set the asking price really high and offer to clubs, if no offers, lower the asking price a bit and offer again. If still no offers, lower a bit and offer again, and so on. I'd always add a 50% of next sale clause for any younger players, as well. It is a pretty tedious way of doing it, but I think it might be the best way.

I think that a first team place option should be in place for when you send a player (especially a younger player) out on loan. For example, if I'm sending a player out on loan I want to add an option which enables the loaning club to play my player in matches.

I'm fed up of sending younger players out to gain experience and them coming back after three months having not played a single game.

Fair comment, I'd like the club you're loaning to, to put what they intend to do with the youngster. I fvcked Aachen off for Bayern so decided to reject offers from all clubs bar them for my star young left winger as a sorry lol Only for the fvckers to give him 3 games all season. Although I can see why, he's been utter gash whenever I've given him time.

I also think the idea of job interviews was spot on too and I think whilst I'd keep the option of being able to join a club to start the game off, I'd like to see in-depth job interviews with any club who offers you one and I wouldn't make it a piece of piss to get the job either, you have to answer the questions enough to impress the chairman rather than the standard sit on the fence crap which'd land you the job with ease.

I also believe reputation would still play a good part in how successful your application is but say the Leicester job became free on mine, if I apply for it now it's mine simply because I'm at Bayern. Maybe it wouldn't be that easy if you did job interviews.

I think job offers are unrealistic too. I am on 11 to be fair, but it took me 3 years to get Aachen out of the 2nd tier (I was unlucky but still), there's absolutely no way my record, whilst it wasn't bad, would land the best domestic job in Germany.

Ridiculously unrealistic.

Trying to sign Carlos Fierro for Leicester was a real ballache. I arselicked him to press, and then go to offer him a contract and hes not interested! I check his wage and its £9/pw. Surely any footballer would be willing to move for literally a thousand times better wage.

Thankfully Mercier turned down Nantes, another balls up by FM, stating his reasons were lack of financial reward ( :rolleyes:) and failure to adapt in a new country, despite the fact he's French.

Incredibly despite this too, my board didn't intervene when Madrid offered £60mil for Badelj.

Turned it down. £15mil up front and £45mil over two years, receiving an extra £2mil a month would be welcome but nah, Badelj was literally my sixth choice signing, I couldn't be arsed with another search.

I wonder if there are a few options within the 'interact with board' that could be expanded to make it more intresting and possibly geared towards increased revenue for the club...

I'm thinking along the lines of asking the board for input in designing the new kit. infact, i think more in general should be made about a new kit. You could either actually design the kit, or pick from several new kits. listen to adivce from various supporters based clubs/ websites, ect. and each kit choice could then increase ( or decrease!) the clubs shirt sales depending on how its received by the fans... ( with the idea being that if you actually LISTEN to the fans' ideas it could increase the revenue you make from shirts..)

and another ask the board option.. (and this i think should be done through the board wrather than just the fixture list as it would have a direct financial effect) should be where to tour pre-season if you ' ask the board to tour far east' or china or somewhre like this then it could take a chunk out of your budget but could also have a long term cumulative effect in increasing shirt sales.. or merchandise revenue... or say you tour norway regularly, maybe you'll get some random young starlet who has you as his favorite club and wants to sign for you... wether it is some 17 year old wonderkid or youth players looking for youth contract i guess doesnt matter...

I'm thinking along the lines of asking the board for input in designing the new kit. infact, i think more in general should be made about a new kit. You could either actually design the kit, or pick from several new kits. listen to adivce from various supporters based clubs/ websites, ect. and each kit choice could then increase ( or decrease!) the clubs shirt sales depending on how its received by the fans... ( with the idea being that if you actually LISTEN to the fans' ideas it could increase the revenue you make from shirts..)

Doesn't really fit in with the manager part of the game. :/

i think all the generated players in the future are so unrealistic as there are poeple bagging ridiculous amount of goals and assists in leagues in years like 2015. I would like it to be alot more real and balanced.

Also really looking forward to this one, for the first time i bought an football manager this year and i just cant get enough i love my palermo save

Archived