Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Football Manager 2013

I rekon you should be able to ask/tell the players to drop their wage demands (if too high).

For example, my goalkeeper (very good regen, in regards to the post above) was on 30k a week. He had one year remaining, and he wanted 130k a week. No way that was happening, and he wouldn't drop his stupid demands. Anyway, I interacted with him but all I could say was "Im going to transfer list you if you dont sign a new contract".

So, I think you should be able to say something along the lines of "lower your wage demands" (etc). Apparently you can say this, but only if your club is in a terrible financial state. I'm very tight with my money (as I am in real life!), and I don't want to be paying certain players over 100k a week.

In the end, I sold him for £15million to Manchester City.

I rekon you should be able to ask/tell the players to drop their wage demands (if too high).

For example, my goalkeeper (very good regen, in regards to the post above) was on 30k a week. He had one year remaining, and he wanted 130k a week. No way that was happening, and he wouldn't drop his stupid demands. Anyway, I interacted with him but all I could say was "Im going to transfer list you if you dont sign a new contract".

So, I think you should be able to say something along the lines of "lower your wage demands" (etc). Apparently you can say this, but only if your club is in a terrible financial state. I'm very tight with my money (as I am in real life!), and I don't want to be paying certain players over 100k a week.

In the end, I sold him for £15million to Manchester City.

You can negotiate with the players. When renewing contracts, start with a really low offer, even lower than their current terms, and only up the offer by a small amount each time they refuse. Some players do accept a cut in wages sometimes.

Yeah I can sometimes do that. Done it in the past. But it's the greedy players I'm talking about, you must have had players that want a more wages. Sometimes I get 30k to 50k, ok, but then 50k to 120k, no way. If you get me.

Yeah I can sometimes do that. Done it in the past. But it's the greedy players I'm talking about, you must have had players that want a more wages. Sometimes I get 30k to 50k, ok, but then 50k to 120k, no way. If you get me.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'd just make sure I sell them before they become available on a free if they get like that.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'd just make sure I sell them before they become available on a free if they get like that.

Exactly. That's what I try and do.

That's why, when I was speaking about my former goalkeeper in my previous post, I sold him because he had one year left and wouldn't sign a new deal. So I made a £9million profit instead of loosing him on a bosman at the end of the year...

Just wondering what clubs will everyone be managing on fm13 most of you leicester im guessing?

Yeah, I always start as Leicester. Still Leicester on my current save, football manager 2012, currently in 2024.

What about you?

Yeah me to fox92 i started as leicester this year and plan to on fm13 i got to 2016 before i gave up and decided to manage in italy with palermo and im in 2018 still continueing with them,

So yeah im most likely going to leicester and then eventualy move onto a foreign team im going to do another team than palermo though i was thinking malaga as they have a ton of cash and some good young players

Yeah me to fox92 i started as leicester this year and plan to on fm13 i got to 2016 before i gave up and decided to manage in italy with palermo and im in 2018 still continueing with them,

So yeah im most likely going to leicester and then eventualy move onto a foreign team im going to do another team than palermo though i was thinking malaga as they have a ton of cash and some good young players

Not anymore. They are having to sell their best players eg. Cazorla. Having big problems apparently.

Doesn't really fit in with the manager part of the game. :/

There are a few things in the game that are not really manager decisions already but more director/ owner decisions..

I mean... does a manager REALLY negociate the contracts? can he really change the budget / wages budget to suit what he wants?

Not realistic at all. You're meant to be the manager of a football club, not a fashion designer. Rubbish idea. Any more ideas? Maybe they ask for your opinion when redecorating the stadium's toilets?

or the flowerbeds at the training ground.... :whistle:

going back to my original post.... after you have been at a club for a while and earned there respect they ask you if you have a specific club in mind you'd like as your feeder club....

the more respect you get at a club on FM12 it appears they give you more of a say on certain things....would it be really that unrealistic for a manager to be asked his opinion on the shirt designs? Do you REALLY think Pearson has absolutely no input at all?

There are a few things in the game that are not really manager decisions already but more director/ owner decisions..

I mean... does a manager REALLY negociate the contracts? can he really change the budget / wages budget to suit what he wants?

No he doesn't, but I just think designing the kit wouldn't really fit in the game.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think people should design the kits either, but they should find a way that the kits change, and every now and then throw in a stinker to reduce the amount gained from selling kits. Also what the guy said about cancelling subs is so true that definitely needs to be addressed, so annoying.

You should be able to tell a player to work hard in training if he wants to play in the first team. I don't know if it's just my game but it seems to have vanished. All I get now is 'last time I put you in the side you let me down, how do I know'...etc

In fact there should be more information regarding training as a whole, tell us who's busting a gut, tell us who's giving everytthing, you don't really get any information at all.

You do. There's a tab on the home page you can set to show you a very basic visual table of training performances. You can also look at the training tabs of every player to see how hard they're working in each category, how well your coaches think they're progressing and if they'd benefit from individual training etc.

It also tells you if they need more first team football in order to develop, etc. And you can bollock them for their training effort if it's low.

Also, your star player wanting 130k a week then pissing off to Man City is realistic, as is clubs with no desire or need to sell their better players telling you to give them fifty odd million or **** off if you want to buy them. That's football.

I swear some of you just want this game to be piss easy.

You do. There's a tab on the home page you can set to show you a very basic visual table of training performances. You can also look at the training tabs of every player to see how hard they're working in each category, how well your coaches think they're progressing and if they'd benefit from individual training etc.

It also tells you if they need more first team football in order to develop, etc. And you can bollock them for their training effort if it's low.

Also, your star player wanting 130k a week then pissing off to Man City is realistic, as is clubs with no desire or need to sell their better players telling you to give them fifty odd million or **** off if you want to buy them. That's football.

I swear some of you just want this game to be piss easy.

I don't want to sound like a complete idiot but I've been looking for this kind of thing for the last couple of days. How do I find it? Cheers :)

Small point but when you're in a press conference after playing a weakened team in the league cup for example, and a players been injured, and you say who will replace them (the player who you normally play), it annoys me when it asks if they can push them for a starting place if they play well.

Archived