Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Football Manager 2013

Unbelievable 3-2 victory at Brighton... I win a penalty, my striker hit's the bar, the ball comes down so he runs to get it, is fouled by the defender and it's another penalty! (That's two penalties in the space of 10 seconds). He scores the second one, thank heavens... Into the second half, my right back gets fouled and we win another penalty. Yes, we missed it again.

Three penalties in one game, don't think I've been that lucky before. 

I have absolutely no idea how we're this far in the shit financially. I sold over £8mil worth of players last season, spent £1.5mil on players, yet here I am after promotion getting £80k?!

Shambles. Need another massive season from a lot of my side.

And so it begins lol

I had a few offers from other teams but in the end, I fulfilled my four-year contract with Sunderland.

I sold a few players to help keep the club afloat in my 3rd season, and when the taekover finally came, the new chairman said he was only loaning the club money to keep it running and that was it! My transfer/wage budget was cut, and the club's debt-to-equity ratio was something like 150%! I should have walked out of the club, but we were going for promotion, but we lost in a heartbreaker in the semifinal.

With one year left on the contract, I decided to give it one more go up in the Northeast. My plan was to try to win promotion with my young squad, and if so, renew my contract. After that, I'd stay at Sunderland one more year and try to avoid relegation before trying to leave for a big club (2 years if I somehow qualified for Europe).

I've got the youngest squad in the Premier League and the second-lowest payroll (us and woeful Wolves are bottom two in that regard by a long way). After 23 games, we're 14th, 7 points clear of 18th place. :) I picked up a 31-year-old Sergio Canales on a 1-year deal in November at $10k/week, which looks to be a great bargain. I don't think it's a coincidence that our form turned around as soon as he got match fit.

£10k a week is an excellent deal for Canales, one of them players I've always looked at yet never actually signed, convinced he could play for a top club.

I'm actually certain of staying up. That Brestois game was ridiculous, absolutely ripped them to shreds with a team that's actually lost a couple of players from last year and not made a single signing. Telling you all now, this 4-3-3 is the one.

I think what'll keep me up is the amount of utter shit in the league. Clermont are awful & OGC Nice who came up with us have lost anyone decent like Maupay, Cvitanich & Eyserric. Can't see us coming below sides like Brestois & Le Mans either (why are they called LEMANS FC?) 

September's very hard though. Got trips to Marseille & Montpellier (who are regulars in the 'Champions' League), and a trip away to Lyon. Got a feeling I'll win one of them.

Question time:

Do you guys play the orignal game? Ie. Without any patches applied. I always here the first release of the games in recnt years is quite buggy and I haven't played for a while.

Should I get 2013 and patch it and get squad updates? (Is it a good year for the game?)

or

Wait for 2014 and risk is being a bit crap until it's patched? (Usually up to scratch by January apparently)

Question time:

Do you guys play the orignal game? Ie. Without any patches applied. I always here the first release of the games in recnt years is quite buggy and I haven't played for a while.

Should I get 2013 and patch it and get squad updates? (Is it a good year for the game?)

or

Wait for 2014 and risk is being a bit crap until it's patched? (Usually up to scratch by January apparently)

I've never found an FM game majorly flawed on release. Few niggles here and there but nothing that renders them unplayable. The only massive change I can ever remember coming in the January patch was a few years ago (9? 10?) when they absolutely crippled pace, dribbling and wingers with a dreadful January "fix."

Since corrected in previous versions.

Personally think mid-season databases are largely shit, too. Whole point is to play the game as is from July surely?

I've never found an FM game majorly flawed on release. Few niggles here and there but nothing that renders them unplayable. The only massive change I can ever remember coming in the January patch was a few years ago (9? 10?) when they absolutely crippled pace, dribbling and wingers with a dreadful January "fix."

Personally think mid-season databases are largely shit, too. Whole point is to play the game as is from July surely?

Oh yeah, I meant getting 2013 and getting a summer '14 update for it. Basically is '13 a good game?

I'm not sure whether to get '13 at a cheaper price or wait for '14. Everyone seems to be saying the changes each year these days are negligible.

Oh yeah, I meant getting 2013 and getting a summer '14 update for it. Basically is '13 a good game?

I'm not sure whether to get '13 at a cheaper price or wait for '14. Everyone seems to be saying the changes each year these days are negligible.

I'm not a whinger, I'm fairly easily pleased and I've never filled this thread crying that the game is broken or unplayable as some of the children on here have.

However, the match engine has been very disappointing this year and I strongly hope there are some notable improvements in 14. Players punting the ball straight in to the back of a team mate in front of them, defenders harmlessly nodding the ball inexplicably backwards for on running attackers, headers appearing to go in but not counting as goals, players ambling very slowly towards a free ball.

In terms of features the game is as strong as ever but this is the first year (I've played since 05) I've found the engine unacceptable. I'd wait and buy 14.

I'd like to see a database where you can start in May, before any of the transfers have been made. So say on 14, you start with the squad that ended 2012/13 and you have a chance to make signings such as Baptiste on a free. It'd be interesting, anyway.

After starting a few careers, I've finally found one that i'm content with at present.

with Croatian side Osijek.

With no money to spend it's going to be a challenge.

But remarkably i've manage to make 1 million by selling the better players and I've brought in one player on a free.

Luckily i have a good Youth recruitment so i wont need the money to begin with.. Hopefully.

Won 1 and Drew 1 in the league, and just progress through the next round of the Euro League too. so far so good. 

Expecting the inevitable downturn in form for Dan's Nantes. He will go winless in 15 and end up perilously close to the relegation zone playing Le Mans, Brestois and PSG in the final three games and embarrassingly losing the first two, only to then think a draw against PSG will be enough, which it won't. Queue much name-calling :D

Archived