Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Waghorn to Hartlepool

It's still the same player and given the same chance he'll still be as good, certainly his level isn't Hartlepool. Waggy is still in his early 20's, he hasn't turned bad overnight and he certainly can't be judged on not taking amazing corners.

I never said you didn't have a right to say it, I just said it was stupid.

I'm not trading insults or squabbling over Martyn Waghorn! I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree.

It's not the managers fault when yet another shot is cannoned into row z

If you read my post you'll see I was referring to set pieces. If Waggy takes shit set pieces and the manager doesn't change his free kick / corner taker then you have to question the manager. I didn't say anything about his shooting

Seems you're the only one bothered about him since Leeds. Most of us remember the fact he's only 22, was our stand out player at the age of 19, loves our fans. Gives 100% and most certainly deserves another chance after his terrible injury.

Yes, Leeds was his first game back for us, and guess what. He scored and people were happy for him, and themselves. He has serious potential and i'm sure he'll show that again, hopefully this season.

Couldn't agree more , with a full pre season under his belt and a clean bill of health i'm sure we'll see him back to his best

This is a fascinating thread. I have to say there is no way I could say one way or the other whether Waghorn is good enough for us or not. He was sort of OK a couple of years ago - but not good enough then - how anyone can evaluate his current ability is quite frankly beyond me.

I suspect a lot of girly emotion being exhibited by some of the posters on this sight right now.

This is a fascinating thread. I have to say there is no way I could say one way or the other whether Waghorn is good enough for us or not. He was sort of OK a couple of years ago - but not good enough then - how anyone can evaluate his current ability is quite frankly beyond me.

I suspect a lot of girly emotion being exhibited by some of the posters on this sight right now.

He was sort of ok - but not good enough then??

He was one of our best players that season who played up front and out wide in a side that reached the play offs and all at the age of 19 !!

He was sort of ok - but not good enough then??

He was one of our best players that season who played up front and out wide in a side that reached the play offs and all at the age of 19 !!

One of our best at the time does not make him any good!

Bless you, are you simple ?? No ones said that

I couldn't compete with you.

For those who can't read or assimilate information, my whole point was - how does anyone know how good Waghorn is now - Hello!

It must be something to do with those who have a love-in with any Leicester player whose name happens to begin with 'W' maybe.

Oh, and just to demonstrate who may be the more simple out of you and me, I take it you mean 'No-one's said that' not 'no ones said that.' Dimbo!

I couldn't compete with you.

For those who can't read or assimilate information, my whole point was - how does anyone know how good Waghorn is now - Hello!

It must be something to do with those who have a love-in with any Leicester player whose name happens to begin with 'W' maybe.

Oh, and just to demonstrate who may be the more simple out of you and me, I take it you mean 'No-one's said that' not 'no ones said that.' Dimbo!

Yes, we all love Wise in Leicester don't we?

I've no love in for any city player i just know that 2 years ago waghorn proved at 19 years old he was good enough to play for a team in the top 6 of the championship and be one of their better players too,.... He's since been out with a bad injury but there is no evidence to say he can't or won't get back to that level again with a full pre season under his belt playing for the same team and manager !!

Off topic again, but there are no players I would be gutted to lose at the moment.

Back in the day I almost shed a tear the day Heskey, Lennon, Walsh and the like left.

Nowadays I see players as just cogs in a machine, and if a better cog comes along then replace them, end of.

I don't know whether this is because I am older and not so likely to get attached to players or whether it's because no player recently has floated my boat.

So if Waghorn goes and the team does well, so be it.

It would be nice to think I could love again though...

Archived