Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Waghorn to Hartlepool

1.We don't need him

2.We can do better than Waghorn

3.Until Leeds people weren't bothered about him

4.League 1 is probably his standard at the minute

5.What is wrong with Hartlepool, least its not Coventry or Yeovil

6. Made up points are fun

He deserves a chance. Class act under NP before, led the line on his own and was excellent.

Suffered a bad injury and different manager changes in recent times so people shouldnt write him off..... Talk about fickle!

I swear some of our fans would moan if we had David Villa or Drogba leading the line!!

NP will do whatever is ever right

6. Made up points are fun

Well fans weren't bothered about him, some even thought he would of been sold by then.

He weren't on the bench even when he came back from injury, he was only shifted in for the last couple of games and that home substitute appearance against Burnley was it?

Was well and truly shocking, but then Leeds came and he scored then everyone thought he was back to his best, Waghorn is god, we love Waghorn...just no, hardly anybody was bothered if Waghorn played up until then, he isn't good enough for Leicester he has done bugger all for a very long time and League 1 at his current form is his standard.

1.We don't need him

2.We can do better than Waghorn

3.Until Leeds people weren't bothered about him

4.League 1 is probably his standard at the minute

5.What is wrong with Hartlepool, least its not Coventry or Yeovil

Seems you're the only one bothered about him since Leeds. Most of us remember the fact he's only 22, was our stand out player at the age of 19, loves our fans. Gives 100% and most certainly deserves another chance after his terrible injury.

Yes, Leeds was his first game back for us, and guess what. He scored and people were happy for him, and themselves. He has serious potential and i'm sure he'll show that again, hopefully this season.

Yeah, he did well a long time ago under Pearson when played up front and not out wide. This place was a Waghorn bumfest after his first year here. A year in which he scored more league goals than JB managed this year.

He will get his chance.

Well fans weren't bothered about him, some even thought he would of been sold by then.

He weren't on the bench even when he came back from injury, he was only shifted in for the last couple of games and that home substitute appearance against Burnley was it?

Was well and truly shocking, but then Leeds came and he scored then everyone thought he was back to his best, Waghorn is god, we love Waghorn...just no, hardly anybody was bothered if Waghorn played up until then, he isn't good enough for Leicester he has done bugger all for a very long time and League 1 at his current form is his standard.

Partly because of the bloody stupid 5 subs rule!

I can see this happening. Hartlepool is about his level I think.

Based on what exactly?

He might not be the answer to our problems but to say mid-table in League One is his level is absurd.

Unfortunatly waggys development has suffered due to managerial changes and injuries. Pearson is under great pressure this season and I'm sure it will soon become clear if he thinks his form is strong enough for a promotion push. I doubt we would sell, maybe loan him out.

I trust niges judgement

Unfortunatly waggys development has suffered due to managerial changes and injuries. Pearson is under great pressure this season.

Well then the safe solution is deffinetly to replace the striker who has at least once proven himself in the Championship with a £1M signing from the BSP.

Ludicrous

Of all thats been said and done of Nige and Waggy over the past year, its evident that Pearson rates him and likes his personality

Waghorn kept on saying that last year was his worst, and he just wanted to put it all behind him and look up, and with his return from a bad injury at the end of last season resulting in a valuable goal, I think he will defiantly be here this coming season

Dont know how big Hartlepool think of themselves, but with teams like Derby being turned down before it highly unlikely he will end up in League 1 . . . . Just yet

This is Football-Rumours.com standard truly

Waggy can do a job for us I'm sure. I fully expect him to play his part next season.

I'm a bit puzzled as to why the Cranie thread was merged into the comedy thread and this one still stands?! The writer of the original article quite clearly hadn't done enough research.

:frusty:

Based on what exactly?

He might not be the answer to our problems but to say mid-table in League One is his level is absurd.

I did end my post with being unsure whether he was given a fair crack in the Sousa/Sven period.

The lad's got heart, but I'm yet to be convinced that he's got it for where we want to go. However, maybe Hartlepool is a tad low... maybe my judgement is shrouded by the memories of wincing at his corners and set pieces

I did end my post with being unsure whether he was given a fair crack in the Sousa/Sven period.

The lad's got heart, but I'm yet to be convinced that he's got it for where we want to go. However, maybe Hartlepool is a tad low... maybe my judgement is shrouded by the memories of wincing at his corners and set pieces

Or maybe it's shrouded by your idiocy.

To be fair to Waggy, he was carrying out his manager's orders. I'd agree that his set-pieces are wank so why he was asked to take them, I've no idea - that's the manager's fault not the player's.

To be fair to Waggy, he was carrying out his manager's orders. I'd agree that his set-pieces are wank so why he was asked to take them, I've no idea - that's the manager's fault not the player's.

It's not the managers fault when yet another shot is cannoned into row z

Or maybe he's not still living in 2010 like you seem to be

It's still the same player and given the same chance he'll still be as good, certainly his level isn't Hartlepool. Waggy is still in his early 20's, he hasn't turned bad overnight and he certainly can't be judged on not taking amazing corners.

I forgot freedom of speech is looked upon disparagingly on here sometimes. It's a forum - i.e. a platform for discussion.

I'd be the first to hope that I'm proved wrong.

I never said you didn't have a right to say it, I just said it was stupid.

Archived