Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Nigel Pearson reveals summer target - not earth shattering news.

Knock off Nigel has already signed 3 players so far so 1 or 2 more over the summer is still a high number of players to bring in to be challenging for the starting 11. Just because we signed more last summer doesn't mean its a target we need to break

then he should know the longer it takes to get out the league the more financial risk there is

And he'll also be acutely aware of the fact that this club tried to buy the league last season and failed, leaving us up to our eyes in debt. Hardly going to repeat the mistakes of the past is he? People are acting like he's spent sod all so far this season - he's spent a reported £3 million on Vardy, De Laet and James. He's looking for another centre half at least. I think we can safely say by the end of the transfer window, he'll have done some good business, bought in some decent players, spent a decent amount and most importantly, he won't have had his pants pulled down over the price.

And he'll also be acutely aware of the fact that this club tried to buy the league last season and failed, leaving us up to our eyes in debt. Hardly going to repeat the mistakes of the past is he? People are acting like he's spent sod all so far this season - he's spent a reported £3 million on Vardy, De Laet and James. He's looking for another centre half at least. I think we can safely say by the end of the transfer window, he'll have done some good business, bought in some decent players, spent a decent amount and most importantly, he won't have had his pants pulled down over the price.

Vardy hasnt even played a game for us yet, how do you know £1m for a non league playing is a decent amount and not had our pants pulled down.. and how do you know the others will turn out decent?

lost count how many people have commented that we could do with a winger, target man, maybe a cdm yet if we dont get any people will be making up excuses for np using FFP, sven etc as get out clauses....

Are people content to see the likes of Gallagher, Wellens and Dyer playing first team football next season?

I dont rate them at this level and I don't see SSL & Morgan as being core members of a promotion challenging side.

Either Pearson will bring in another 3 or 4 players or he'll be gone very quickly, imo

Are people content to see the likes of Gallagher, Wellens and Dyer playing first team football next season?

I dont rate them at this level and I don't see SSL & Morgan as being core members of a promotion challenging side.

I've resigned myself to another season of them. In this case its not Pearsons fault as for some reason Sven extended their contracts so would be hard to sell them even if he wanted to. As for Morgan well he's captain so can see him being ever present at the back, not a fan at all.

Either Pearson will bring in another 3 or 4 players or he'll be gone very quickly, imo

No i dont but they will be back up and will get a few games thats for sure.

Morgan will be Club Capatain im sure so he will start and SSL and New signing fighting for the other spot with Bolger and Parkes further down the line.

We urgently need two quality signings for first team, Centre Half and Left Winger. - Other than that i think we will be ok, maybe a target man for the squad but i dont see us doing much more than that in the market.

I've resigned myself to another season of them. In this case its not Pearsons fault as for some reason Sven extended their contracts so would be hard to sell them even if he wanted to. As for Morgan well he's captain so can see him being ever present at the back, not a fan at all.

How do you know?

mills was on a long contract and he soon managed to get rid of him so I'm not buying ths its Sven fault for putting then on long contacts so he can't get rid...

More like he a happy with them.. Which is a worry..

mills was on a long contract and he soon managed to get rid of him so I'm not buying ths its Sven fault for putting then on long contacts so he can't get rid...

More like he a happy with them.. Which is a worry..

Thats how it should be but look at how St Ledger wanted out last season when he wasnt making the team. The players have no afinity to the club so if they arent playing they will just want to leave anyway.

Would Chester leave Hull where he is probably a guaranteed starter to come here where he isnt held in such high regard?

Of course he'd be held in high regard. Pearson brought him to Hull and nurtured him, and would want him here precisely because he has a very high opinion of him, and would want him to be in the first team. In fact, the Pearson factor may be the best/only card we have to entice him here.

Winger? Target man? Not looking good...

So much for the "wait to see what Pearson can do now he got a bit of money to play with"

then he should know the longer it takes to get out the league the more financial risk there is

Clueless as to how the very existence of our club has been put up in the air by 2 years of reckless mis-management signing more players probably than anyone else in that short time & for what? To finish lower down the table than we did before, with a loan to pay off that will take more out of the club than any number of signings ever could!

We've signed 3 players, another couple of the right quality in addition to the players already here will leave us on paper stronger... & with the added benefit of no disruption from the sidelines.

Clueless as to how the very existence of our club has been put up in the air by 2 years of reckless mis-management signing more players probably than anyone else in that short time & for what? To finish lower down the table than we did before, with a loan to pay off that will take more out of the club than any number of signings ever could!

We've signed 3 players, another couple of the right quality in addition to the players already here will leave us on paper stronger... & with the added benefit of no disruption from the sidelines.

didnt see people moaning when we was actually spending the cash, and buying players etc, but since sven got sacked people are happy to point the blame and use his spending as an excuse.

we have the same goal now as always, we need to get out of the league, nothing has changed there. but to do that we are going to need more than just a CB..

I sense trouble ahead many players won't settle for a place on the bench, plus NP bully boy style management hasnt worked.

Player power rules in modern day football so those who think good old Nige will sort em out are wrong.

There's always another club willing to take them.

As for the signings well they are ok nothing more.

I fear we will lose better players than what we are currently looking to bring in.

Anyone who thinks Chester is a better CB than what we already has are way off.

The same with RDL & James no better than what we have.

James will look good going forward but is weak in winning the ball and has a poor first touch.

The last thing we need is another new manager in Jan plus we now have Forest with the money to make a challenge which will put more pressure on the owners and management to produce results or the infamous foxes moaning will be full steam ahead by Sept.

I sense trouble ahead many players won't settle for a place on the bench, plus NP bully boy style management hasnt worked.

Player power rules in modern day football so those who think good old Nige will sort em out are wrong.

There's always another club willing to take them.

As for the signings well they are ok nothing more.

I fear we will lose better players than what we are currently looking to bring in.

Hasnt Pearson already said he's shifted out 20 players for this exact reason?

IMO he's doing the right thing, he's getting rid of the players who were complainig about sitting on the bench and he's getting in players who are happy just to be playing for Leicester.

IMO he's doing the right thing, he's getting rid of the players who were complainig about sitting on the bench and he's getting in players who are happy just to be playing for Leicester.

:D glad someone else see's sense :scarf:

who has he got rid of who complained??

To be fair, SSL wasn't happy on the bench because he was trying to impress to get into Ireland's Euro squad. With there not being any major international tournament this year, I don't think SSL will mind so much being on the bench at times...

Being the best centre back at the club I'd like to think he'd mind

Sky Sports July 13, 2012 9:12pm

Pearson plans defender swoop.............. Foxes boss looking for a centre-half

Pearson_2758604.jpg

Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson has made the acquisition of a new centre-half a top priority this summer as he prepares to dip into the transfer market.

The Foxes have offloaded Matt Mills and Sol Bamba, while Aleksandar Tunchev has been released.

Pearson believes trimming his squad was essential, after inheriting a sizeable group of players from Sven Goran Eriksson.

He believes the playing staff at the King Power Stadium is now more manageable, but admits he will be looking to bring in quality additions if possible.

Business

"With Sol and Matt Mills leaving, we clearly need to bring in a centre-back," said Pearson.

"That apart, we'll see what we can do. We may do some more business. It is important to try and keep the balance in the squad right and improve the quality.

"There is a workable number in the squad. We had an awful lot of players last season. It must be around 20 who have left since I arrived back.

"We have brought in six, but I still think we need a competitive squad. So the number, whether it is around 24 or 25, is a decent number. In that, there will be a few fringe players. It is very hard to keep everyone happy when you have 30-plus first-team players."

Archived