Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oadby Fox

Nigel Pearson, will he be given enough time to do the job?

The fact is you or I have no control over who the Manager is so while he is here let's get behind him and the team.

We are the supporters of Leicester City so lets support them through the good times and the bad times.

Been supporting this team through thick and thin for 41 years, me having an opinion doesn't mean i don't love my club and regardless of what clown we have as a manager i'll be making the nasty cold and wet weekday evening trips to see them play but it doesn't mean i can't see what sort of season we're in for if pearson stays!

So let's look at the facts, 30 ish games to get us promoted and despite the pearson fans' bleats of it's not his team and give him time he failed miserably. He's got rid of bamba and mills and possibly Beckford soon. He's signed two more of Manchester United's rejects, make it three if we include danny give the ball away cheaply Drinkwater. He's signed a non-league striker to boost our attack and he's chasing his old mates from hull city to see if they can do a better job for us than they did for hull.

despite the pearson loving that exists on this forum, i for one am not being taken in by it.

I hope the most we give this fool is another ten games then pull the plug on him.

Now i'm sure the forum bullies and good grammar police will be at me in droves but ffs look at the statistics before you make your points.

I already know i'm a twat and a fool and an idiot and my grammar is crap and i'm not a real fan and i don't care about the foxes so please try replying with facts and common sense!

What a tit.

My question to you on response to your first few lines is did you say the same about Sven this time last year?

My god!

Get him out now because Thierry Henry & Beckham haven't been mentioned by the Merc.

He's our most successful manager of the past 10 years or so & that's despite someone blowing £20m to finish lower than we did before, yeah let's get rid *eyeroll*

If we're moving in the right direction then he should be here for the duration of his contract, look at where having 2 or more managers a season has got us so far this century. Clue: No-****ing-where

What Pearson actually said...

Which is true. Around 20 players have left in that time.

Your spin...

He never said that. He said around 20 have left since he returned.

Do you see what I mean? What is that? You're changing what he actually said to suit your own biased, preconceived ideas. It makes you come across as a bit desperate. There's no reason to criticise him on this, so now you have to make things up. And for what? To slag off the manager of the football club you're meant to be a supporter of, who in actual fact has a better record than most managers we've had.

You are not always right, as you've just proven in the last sentence.

Would you elaborate? What do you mean when you say moving forwards or moving backwards?

But not better than the good ones, only the bad ones. So not better than Brian Little, Martin O Neill, Micky Adams, but better than Bryan Hamilton or Holloway or McKlintock?

I don't really feel that questioning the concept of which direction we are moving in needs quantifying. But here goes - We got relegated to league 1 (backwards) but then got promoted (forwards) then went for promotion again but Mandaric bottled it in the Jan transfer window and didn't improve the squad (sideways) but NP pulled off a miracle in getting to the play offs (forwards) but then failed because we weren't good enough (backwards) then got new owners and its pretty much been backwards from there really.

Shouldn't have forced Nige out (backwards) shouldn't have got Sousa (backwards) managed to survive with Sven (sideways) invested too much too soon to buy the league (sort of forwards but in an unwise way) panicked too early (backwards) forgot to find a new manager who could replace Sven (backwards) got Nige back in as third or fourth choice (backwards) Nige couldn't cope with a big squad (backwards) blew a fairly good chance of getting into the play offs last season (backwards) and is now bringing strange and weirdly priced players into the club, mostly benchwarmers at other clubs in the hope they can be moulded into the new Swansea or Reading within a season (sideways/backwards)

So on balance it is backwards, all of which can be turned around with a top 2 finish next season which would actually make Nige our best manager since MoN. Do I want him to do it? Do I think it he can do it? You can work the answers out on that yourself

What a tit.

My question to you on response to your first few lines is did you say the same about Sven this time last year?

Of Course i said the same about sven you pratt, we need a manager who can get us promoted and when it's obvious that it won't happen he's got to go, where is your desire and hunger to win instead of being a compliant agreeable fool?

What would you like to see happen cosmos if things are not working who would you look to bring in as a manager? Personally I think Pearson needs at least another full season regardless of how bad things could turn out this season

Half time in the opener.

If we are losing, get him out.

are you having a laugh or something?

the damage will be well and truly done by then. if we haven't scored in the opening 10 minutes, top has to unceremoniously kick him out the dugout and bus in hoddle for half time.

and is now bringing strange and weirdly priced players into the club, mostly benchwarmers at other clubs in the hope they can be moulded into the new Swansea or Reading within a season (sideways/backwards)

It's very weird to have signed a replacement for Howard. Fuctas.

Very weird to have signed a sought after forward who knows where the net is. Vardy

Even weirder to have strengthened with a midfielder when we needed one. James.

Signing a utility player who can play right back... something we need if NP has decided Moore isn't first choice, that's just outrageous

Now in the market for a CB. Never, the horror

All the while been shedding players like Howard, Oakley & about 20 others who clogged the squad up, restricted opportunities for younger players to grow & sat their chirping how unhappy they were from the sidelines upsetting the balance & competitiveness of the squad in the process.

Only you could think that turning a fat, unproductive non-achieving squad full of names here only because we unsustainably paid more than anyone else into a competitive close-knit unit resembling what Swansea/Reading did as a step backwards/sideways.

Half time in the opener.

If we are losing, get him out.

half time ???? I reckon the warm-up only ! If Beckford hasn't broken sweat before Posh take to the pitch and Vardy repaid the million by knocking ten past Kasper then that's enough !!

A full season and another disappointment would bring him up to 76 games in the hotseat, my honest opinion is if he can't do it in 30 games what's he shown so far in pre-season so far to make us think another 46 will be any different.

I think the it's not his team and they're not his players excuse would be an excuse for the first ten games but any manager who resides over poor defending, poor discipline and a non existent midfield for as long as he has needs to go'

Ten games and we'll still be as bad as last season, i genuinely hope i'm wrong and if i am i'll be back to appologise but i just know i won't be!

Of Course i said the same about sven you pratt, we need a manager who can get us promoted and when it's obvious that it won't happen he's got to go, where is your desire and hunger to win instead of being a compliant agreeable fool?

im not. I've seen what NP is capable of with a team of his own. Just because they may not be the big name signings of last season doesnt mean we'll be any less capable this time round.

Look where all the hype got us last year. Whilst I dont think we'd win the league this season I think we'll be in the playoffs. Then its anyones game.

I have a desire to win which is why I wont call for any managers head after 10 games as its completely counterproductive. Can't you see that?

Since mourinho left and RDM came in, chelsea weren't as successful as Abramovich liked hence their circus of a managerial merrygoround.

Yeah we should change managers ASAP - its always worked well for us in the past. :-/

We need stability and as long as we're improving I'm happy, I'm sick of all this chopping and changing. If Pearson is building something decent then he should be given time to build it. A lot of the most successful sides are the ones that give their managers time to develop a team.

A full season and another disappointment would bring him up to 76 games in the hotseat, my honest opinion is if he can't do it in 30 games what's he shown so far in pre-season so far to make us think another 46 will be any different.

I think the it's not his team and they're not his players excuse would be an excuse for the first ten games but any manager who resides over poor defending, poor discipline and a non existent midfield for as long as he has needs to go'

Ten games and we'll still be as bad as last season, i genuinely hope i'm wrong and if i am i'll be back to appologise but i just know i won't be!

Imagine cosmos if you were chairman of Man Utd in the 80s and you sacked Alex Ferguson after his first 30 games because you hadn't won anything. Look at Reading last season is a better example of given a chance in the Championship, I remember my mate who supports Reading in November said he was going to start supporting Man City in November because he thought Reading would go down and look what happened given the season

But can't you see it's not just about league position is it, he had 30 games last season and the issues we had when he took over ie: giving the ball away, poor defending, strange team selection were still there at the end of the season. Do you remember the days when we could be losing 1-2 at home with ten minutes to go and still not leave early because we could easily end up winning 3-2? we don't get that with pearson, we don't get the fight, the spirit, the hunger, go one down against peterborough and there'll be no way back-that's a pearson side for you!

ONLY MY OPINION!

Imagine cosmos if you were chairman of Man Utd in the 80s and you sacked Alex Ferguson after his first 30 games because you hadn't won anything. Look at Reading last season is a better example of given a chance in the Championship, I remember my mate who supports Reading in November said he was going to start supporting Man City in November because he thought Reading would go down and look what happened given the season

Yes and if we look at Readings position when Pearson came here they were below us in the table, 30 games was enough for McDermott!

I'll do a poll on his first team selection and if he doesn't get more than 50% of the votes that it is the perfect team he's out!

I'm not a big Pearson fan, I'm not keen on his style of football well upto now, of course he could change managers do, but we really do not need yet another upheaval part way through the season.

His role should be reviewed at the end of the season, has he made progress, is he producing the wished for type of football and other measures which should all be set out by the board before the season commences.

I'll do a poll on his first team selection and if he doesn't get more than 50% of the votes that it is the perfect team he's out!

I'm not a big Pearson fan, I'm not keen on his style of football well upto now, of course he could change managers do, but we really do not need yet another upheaval part way through the season.

His role should be reviewed at the end of the season, has he made progress, is he producing the wished for type of football and other measures which should all be set out by the board before the season commences.

The problem is, Pearson is starting from scratch this season by and large, shedding an entire team from the roster, and bringing in new and fresh faces to the squad. Once again we have to allow time for the players to work together both in preseason, and during the season to get a good understanding of each other, when times are good and times are bad. I don't have expectations of us being promoted this season, not that I don't want us to, or do I think we don't have the quality to do so, but a squad that is settled and knows there is not going to be another upheaval will generate a togetherness that once we are promoted we will stay up.

We might well surprise ourselves, come out of the blocks firing and stay firing, but I will be surprised, as there haven't been many teams put together over a summer that have done it in my memory.

It's very weird to have signed a replacement for Howard. Fuctas.

Very weird to have signed a sought after forward who knows where the net is. Vardy

Even weirder to have strengthened with a midfielder when we needed one. James.

Signing a utility player who can play right back... something we need if NP has decided Moore isn't first choice, that's just outrageous

Now in the market for a CB. Never, the horror

All the while been shedding players like Howard, Oakley & about 20 others who clogged the squad up, restricted opportunities for younger players to grow & sat their chirping how unhappy they were from the sidelines upsetting the balance & competitiveness of the squad in the process.

Only you could think that turning a fat, unproductive non-achieving squad full of names here only because we unsustainably paid more than anyone else into a competitive close-knit unit resembling what Swansea/Reading did as a step backwards/sideways.

I won't see it as backwards or sideways - but he hasn't done it yet and in the past 2 seasons has failed spectacularly to get in the play offs with 2 clubs

If you look at all yr managers of clubs who have been promoted from championship alot of them have been managers who have been in charge of a good season or more before the promotion year.

All those teams have had good time to build a club not just a first team but players and people behind that first team to support and move together, with that brings drive and possible passion (with the correct players, which I feel Pearson will bring in given the time)

If we are sitting mid table or just off play offs again like Sven was why panick and change managers as a promotion team cannot be often be brought it has to be moulded as a unit (Norwich, Southampton, Reading etc have shown this) I'm not saying Sven should or shouldn't gone but we should give managers more time to build a team over a period not just a summer!

Yes and if we look at Readings position when Pearson came here they were below us in the table, 30 games was enough for McDermott!

Why did Mcdermott get appointed at the same time as Pearson then? Funny I thought he was there manager the season before?

But can't you see it's not just about league position is it, he had 30 games last season and the issues we had when he took over ie: giving the ball away, poor defending, strange team selection were still there at the end of the season.

I don't think they were our main problems under Sven. I just think he didn't know how to set his team up against the Millwalls, Bristol Cities, etc. of the Championship, who would come to the Walkers and set up two banks of four and try and hit us on the break. I think we kept the ball quite well and at times we played some truly superb football, we just didn't know how to deal with teams who played sit back, kick-and-rush football.

Under Pearson, it's the reverse. We can break down a defensively-minded team relatively easily and we can intimidate the teams who like to build up slowly and play pass-and-move football. It just means it can be incredibly boring to watch. He wants two fast wingers and to get the ball upfield as soon as possible. This is generally effective in the Championship. The only problem is it's the exact opposite of Sven's philosophy and we all knew it was going to take time to get right (something that was coming to fruition in Pearson's first spell in charge).

The irony is that Pearson is (hopefully) more likely to get us out this division, but Sven was more likely to keep us in the Prem. Anyone saying we should give "that fool" Pearson "10 games and then get rid" need to seriously question whether we're more likely to go up by changing our manager (again), or going with who we've got.

Archived