Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Current Leicester players that are hated?

That Nugent goal at Southampton was best goal of the season for me. He was well up for that game, and rightly so.

Gallagher isn't liked up at Burnley (obviously, he did play for Blackburn) and Wellens isn't liked that much at Blackpool, I don't think they like him for when he left all those years ago.

St Ledger is also disliked by Blackpool.

I seriously cannot understand why everyone jumps on the bandwagon of hating their ex players and booing anyone who once played for us, Leicester do it a lot, I mean why the hell did some people boo Fryatt & Hobbs? Two players who were crucial parts of restoring some pride in the club, who were pretty much frozen out and were sold on the cheap to help improve their careers, but for some reason some fans boo them because they once played for us.

I could never bring myself to boo Fryatt or Hobbs. Unless something immensely controversial happened I'll always have respect for them and a lot of others who've since left us.

Are we counting staff? I don't think Hull like Pearson :ph34r:

I seriously cannot understand why everyone jumps on the bandwagon of hating their ex players and booing anyone who once played for us, Leicester do it a lot, I mean why the hell did some people boo Fryatt & Hobbs? Two players who were crucial parts of restoring some pride in the club, who were pretty much frozen out and were sold on the cheap to help improve their careers, but for some reason some fans boo them because they once played for us.

I could never bring myself to boo Fryatt or Hobbs. Unless something immensely controversial happened I'll always have respect for them and a lot of others who've since left us.

I can't remember Hobbs being booed (I went to Hull away and at home) but I fully agree with your post. I never booed Fryatt, a player that scored a few goals for us and was part of the team that reached the League One championship and then the play offs.

What about current players still here, not for personal reasons but disliked as footballers.

I don't dislike any player that plays for us, the idea to hate or dislike one of your own players is ridiculous. I don't even like being overly critical really. Also when players move clubs and then return to play at our ground I believe they should be clapped for their services to the club, of course there are always exceptions (Dennis Wise, Wayne Brown).

Gradel refusing to celebrate when he scored against us showed mutual respect and it's much better in my opinion than being a booing gimp.

Yet again posters confuse neighbours with rivals.. :facepalm:

Blackpool fans don't give a flying one about Fleetwood. Preston are their main rivals, hence their dislike of SSL.

The only current City player who gets stick from fans at games (as opposed to on here) is Gallagher. Even he gets off lightly compared to some I saw at Filbert Street.

Remember Jimmy Willis fleeing the pitch in tears after the entire Kop told him to "f**k off" during a game against Watford?

And even Steve Walsh, in his early days with us (when he was a raging bombscare) came in for his fair share of flak.

Archived