Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

Charlton Away

Yes the coaches are still running for £7.

And explain to me how people turn up to watch the opposition in home ends? I'm pretty sure no one at all did in L1 and won't in the Champ.

Stop being such a c*nt

A number of our fans went in various home ends at away games last season to see the opposition. We had no choice if we wanted a ticket.

:thumbup: Maybe one day if you start to sell out your allocations then you'll know what that's like.

A number of our fans went in various home ends at away games last season to see the opposition. We had no choice if we wanted a ticket.

:thumbup: Maybe one day if you start to sell out your allocations then you'll know what that's like.

You mean last season when you sold a grand total of about 500 tickets?

Thanks mate! Can the Charlton fan add any tips on parking?

Not too sure about parking where PC World is anymore as people seem to be getting tickets for that. Best bet would be to park by the 24 hour Asda in Greenwich Shopping Park (SE7 7ST) which has 3 hours free parking and where there is also a nice handy drive through McDonalds for after the game.

:rolleyes:

I know Charlton arn't that well supported, but look at the competiton. Two professional clubs in Sheffield, as appose to London.

You're not that big.

Yes, their away support is good, just like Sheffield United's. But my point was Wednesday arn't that big (They are one of the bigger, but not massive, more average now). Some of our fans say Derby and Forest haven't won anything for years, and they arn't that big anymore, well the same applies to teams like Sheffield Wednesday. There are many big teams within our division this season, I mean, Wednesday came up alongside Huddersfield who are just as big.

I didn't get the allocation remark to Lamby.. Charlton are based in London. I imagine it's tough for the lower league sides to attract fans, there's a lot of competition, like up in Lancashire. And why do Wednesday fans seem to hate Charlton, because Charlton won the league?

Any good pubs near ground?? or is it best to stay in London up till kick off?! cant wait for this now!!

Come to The Lost Hour in Greenwich and talk to me!

Or you can go to the away fans pub called The Antigallican (i spelt that without googling it) down the road from the station. Or turn left outside the pub and walk along the road and either go in The Rose of Denmark or The Pickwick (further along from the RoD)

A massive 14,000 were there to watch top of the table Charlton at the Valley for that game Lamby. Not a great turnout from us that night true, but it was a midweek night game and on TV. We didn't had a single crowd that low in League 1.

Yes, their away support is good, just like Sheffield United's. But my point was Wednesday arn't that big (They are one of the bigger, but not massive, more average now). Some of our fans say Derby and Forest haven't won anything for years, and they arn't that big anymore, well the same applies to teams like Sheffield Wednesday. There are many big teams within our division this season, I mean, Wednesday came up alongside Huddersfield who are just as big.

I didn't get the allocation remark to Lamby.. Charlton are based in London. I imagine it's tough for the lower league sides to attract fans, there's a lot of competition, like up in Lancashire. And why do Wednesday fans seem to hate Charlton, because Charlton won the league?

lol Huddersfield? :thumbup: Good one. That could only come from someone who hates Wednesday and I've seen that from your posts in the past. I wouldn't be as stupid as to suggest that a club like Coventry or Charlton are as big as Leicester. That is the equivalent and it is clearly not the case.

Wednesday have won more trophies than ANY OTHER club in Yorkshire, we have a huge support considering we are from a two club city, Leeds are the only better supported team in the county and they are a one club city. There isn't a single thing bigger about Huddersfield than Wednesday.

And we don't hate Charlton, it seems to be the other way round. Their fans took offence to the 'MASSIVE' joke (didn't spot the humour in it) and made complete cocks of themselves on our forum about it. We know we're not massive but we are a bigger and better supported club than likes of Charlton and Huddersfield.

lol

Huddersfield

There might be more competition in London for attracting fans, but theres an awful lot more people. Charlton have a massive catchment area in you include Kent. End of the day there just not that big!

Sheff Utd's away support is crap and by a mile worse than theirs, and ours.

Wednesday's is better than ours though, quite comfortably.

lol Huddersfield? :thumbup: Good one. That could only come from someone who hates Wednesday and I've seen that from your posts in the past. I wouldn't be as stupid as to suggest that a club like Coventry or Charlton are as big as Leicester. That is the equivalent and it is clearly not the case.

Wednesday have won more trophies than ANY OTHER club in Yorkshire, we have a huge support considering we are from a two club city, Leeds are the only better supported team in the county and they are a one club city. There isn't a single thing bigger about Huddersfield than Wednesday.

And we don't hate Charlton, it seems to be the other way round. Their fans took offence to the 'MASSIVE' joke (didn't spot the humour in it) and made complete cocks of themselves on our forum about it. We know we're not massive but we are a bigger and better supported club than likes of Charlton and Huddersfield.

'Hate' is such as strong word, I'd say more of a 'dislike'. Only because some of your fans seem to come out with "interesting" statements. Even a month ago, a Wednesday fan said to me 'remember when we relegated you in 2008?' I doubt suggesting Charlton or Coventry are as big as Leicester is the same thing as me suggesting Huddersfield are as big as Wednesday... Wednesday have won the top flight several times, so have Huddersfield. Wednesday have won the FA Cup, so have Huddersfield. Wednesday have won the Coca Cola Cup and a few Charity Shields, so have Huddersfield. Their away support is always good (I'm not saying it's better, don't want another debate). So, their history is nearly the same as Sheffield Wednesday. As I said, you are one of the bigger teams in our division, but not near the biggest.

Just wondered about the Charlton thing.

lol

Huddersfield

There might be more competition in London for attracting fans, but theres an awful lot more people. Charlton have a massive catchment area in you include Kent. End of the day there just not that big!

Seriously, what now? You seem to be addicted to me and my posts.

Sheff Utd's away support is crap and by a mile worse than theirs, and ours.

Wednesday's is better than ours though, quite comfortably.

First of all, I never compared any club to Leicester, and I didn't compare our away support to another team.

Nice comment anyway, and I've just found the stats;

nPower League One 11/12 average away attendance

Sheff Utd - 9510

Sheff Wed - 9024

Huddersfield - 8064

__

I'm not doing anymore. This is supposed to be our Charlton away thread.

Archived