Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

Charlton Away

First of all, I never compared any club to Leicester, and I didn't compare our away support to another team.

Nice comment anyway, and I've just found the stats;

nPower League One 11/12 average away attendance

Sheff Utd - 9510

Sheff Wed - 9024

Huddersfield - 8064

__

I'm not doing anymore. This is supposed to be our Charlton away thread.

What stats are they? Those three clearly didn't average away figures like that.

I know you weren't comparing them, I was just saying about Sheff Utd's away support which you said was good, and I was explaining why I didn't agree, and giving an example.

'Hate' is such as strong word, I'd say more of a 'dislike'. Only because some of your fans seem to come out with "interesting" statements. Even a month ago, a Wednesday fan said to me 'remember when we relegated you in 2008?' I doubt suggesting Charlton or Coventry are as big as Leicester is the same thing as me suggesting Huddersfield are as big as Wednesday... Wednesday have won the top flight several times, so have Huddersfield. Wednesday have won the FA Cup, so have Huddersfield. Wednesday have won the Coca Cola Cup and a few Charity Shields, so have Huddersfield. Their away support is always good (I'm not saying it's better, don't want another debate). So, their history is nearly the same as Sheffield Wednesday. As I said, you are one of the bigger teams in our division, but not near the biggest.

Just wondered about the Charlton thing.

Seriously, what now? You seem to be addicted to me and my posts.

First of all, I never compared any club to Leicester, and I didn't compare our away support to another team.

Nice comment anyway, and I've just found the stats;

nPower League One 11/12 average away attendance

Sheff Utd - 9510

Sheff Wed - 9024

Huddersfield - 8064

__

I'm not doing anymore. This is supposed to be our Charlton away thread.

Sorry, I've got a habit of replying to people you spout bollocks and you just seem to be croping up over and over again!

Just on those stats you posted....are you saying Sheff Yoo's average away attendance last season was 9510?

What stats are they? Those three clearly didn't average away figures like that.

I know you weren't comparing them, I was just saying about Sheff Utd's away support which you said was good, and I was explaining why I didn't agree, and giving an example.

Average away attendances. I don't know, I just took it from a website.

Ok. Get you now. I think it's good though, they've always taken alot to the Walkers/KP.

Sorry, I've got a habit of replying to people you spout bollocks and you just seem to be croping up over and over again!

Just on those stats you posted....are you saying Sheff Yoo's average away attendance last season was 9510?

At the end of the day it's my opinion, which is what a forum is about.

Apparently they are. According to a website I found. Also mentioned West Ham had the highest in our division (which I would have guessed anyway).

Average away attendances. I don't know, I just took it from a website.

Ok. Get you now. I think it's good though, they've always taken alot to the Walkers/KP.

At the end of the day it's my opinion, which is what a forum is about.

Apparently they are. According to a website I found. Also mentioned West Ham had the highest in our division (which I would have guessed anyway).

I've got no issue with your opinion, I'm not saying it's wrong but it just differs from mine. So I'm getting my point across. :thumbup:

Those 3 no way had an average of that. More like around 2k for the Sheffield clubs and 1.5k for Uddersfield I would think.

I've got no issue with your opinion, I'm not saying it's wrong but it just differs from mine. So I'm getting my point across. :thumbup:

Those 3 no way had an average of that. More like around 2k for the Sheffield clubs and 1.5k for Uddersfield I would think.

Thats fine Simmo, I've got nothing wrong with that, as it's what keeps forums alive, but I don't appreciate comments like 'spout bollocks'.

I cannot find that website now, even in my history. But I'll post the link when/if I find it.

You are talking shite. The real stats Fox 92 are here:

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/AttendanceStats

We were still the best supported team away from home in League 1 despite Sheffield United seeing a 140% increase in their travelling support from the following season.

And despite the smaller away ends we were restricted to we were still the 3rd best supported team outside the Premier League away from home.

You are talking shite. The real stats Fox 92 are here:

http://www.football-...AttendanceStats

We were still the best supported team away from home in League 1 despite Sheffield United seeing a 140% increase in their travelling support from the following season.

And despite the smaller away ends we were restricted to we were still the 3rd best supported team outside the Premier League away from home.

Ahh, I was only going with the stats I found, although I believe your's now as they are provided by football league. That doesn't take away Sheffield United's away following though, that's still up there with the best, as highlighted. Interesting actually, I wouldn't have put Leicester sixth.

Ahh, I was only going with the stats I found, although I believe your's now as they are provided by football league. That doesn't take away Sheffield United's away following though, that's still up there with the best, as highlighted. Interesting actually, I wouldn't have put Leicester sixth.

The stats that you provided were ridiculous, an average of 8000/9000 every away game?

Surely those stats are from an average total attendance.

The stats that you provided were ridiculous, an average of 8000/9000 every away game?

Surely those stats are from an average total attendance.

It's probably the average attendance from all their away games.

United's was probably bigger because Wedensday had a full house against them.

Yeah.

When I meant average total, I was trying to say average total of the whole stadium for both sides.

It is irrelevant anyway as we all know Charlton have shite support.

Thanks mate! Can the Charlton fan add any tips on parking?

I'm a foxes fan but I live in Charlton - you might struggle for parking tbh because the whole area has been made permit only for the Olympics until the 9th of September - something to bear in mind otherwise you'll end up with a big fine:

https://www.2012game...greenwich/home/

https://www.2012game...ch_Map_West.pdf

This is purely for on street parking by the way - like Lamby says, if you get to Stone Lake Retail Park or Greenwich Retail Park early on you should be ok, both aren't too far away from the ground.

It seems a lot of us who don't normally are going on Fox travel, time for a take over and bring some fun to the trip. I'm coach one but if most are on another coach I will try and switch when I get my Blackburn tickets tomorrow.

It seems a lot of us who don't normally are going on Fox travel, time for a take over and bring some fun to the trip. I'm coach one but if most are on another coach I will try and switch when I get my Blackburn tickets tomorrow.

Agreed get in the chanting spirit there and back ;)

Archived