Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Brenfox

Sunderland player ratings

Kasper - 7 - Couple of saves and catches, nothing else to do.

Konch - 7 - Usual consistent self.

Wes - 8 - Rock at the back, he'll be crucial this season.

Moore - 8 - Going on this performance he's developed into a very strong CB/RB. Would be happy with him starting against Posh.

De Laet - 7 - Decent performance, will be an upgrade on Peltier. Gets forward regularly too.

Dyer - 6 - Worked hard but was quiet.

Drinkwater - 8 - Along with James dominated the Sunderland midfield, dictated well and got stuck in.

James - 7 - Best performance of his pre-season so far, maybe because he knew Drinkwater's game well.

Marshall - 8 - Cracking game, he has huge potential.

Beckford - 7 - Linked well with Vardy and worked hard, should've scored.

Vardy - 7 - Got pace to burn and got in behind a few times. Needs to improve on his decision making, but has potential for a great season.

Subs

Parkes - 7 - Few sloppy passes, but he defended relatively well.

Schlupp - 6 - Did as well as he could at LB.

King - 6 - Got his foot in a few times but was his usual quiet self.

Danns - 7 - Usual busy self, improved as the second half went on.

Knockaert - 9 - Looks extremely talented, confident, and has a great work ethic. Looks to be a fantastic find.

Nugent - 6 - Not involved really.

Waghorn - 6 - Got involved a bit, didn't do much but was better than Nugent.

kasper 7 - didnt need to do much but did nothing wrong

RDL 7 - aswell didnt do much but looks good and qwick

moore 6 - lloked better at right back one for the furture

morgan 7.5 - won every header good game from him

konch 7.5 - some great crosses and did ok at CB

marshell 8 - good game from him went close in the first half cutting in with his left foot and the second half with his right and the assit on the goal

drinkwater 8 - look great with great passes long and short want to see him play against peterbrough

james 6 - was ok didnt do much for me

dyer 7 - good game attacting garnder in the first half

beckford 7.5 - got into good possitions to score unluckly not to get a goal

vardy 9 - OMG hes was brillaint he had pace and gave it 100% hope the injury aint bad

subs:

king 6 - did ok nothing brilliant but good comeback

danns 7 - went forward well and did well covering the defence when he needed to

knockeart 9.5 - mad me get out of my seet he has great skill and power would have a 10 but didnt finish well

parkes 8.5 scored and defened well did his job

waggy 7.5 - gave it 100% and mad some good chances

nuge 6.5 - not his best game in a city shirt but he needs better shoes dont fall over

jef shulp 7 - got forward well but why was he at lb!!!

overall we played really well and looking forward to next season

As im nice I will do mine.

Schmeichel 7 - Not much to do, but catches from crosses were really impressive

De Laet 7 - Bit rash with some tackles, but seemed composed got forward well

Morgan 10 - Rock never seen such a dominate performance by a centre back of ours

Moore 9 - Really impressed, defended and read the game superbly well

Konchesky 8 - Consistent as per usual

Marshall 8 - Slow start, but second half he looked very dangerous

James 8 - Impressed me loads, can tackle and likes to play fast tempo I like that kind of play

Drinkwater 9 - Defensive side he looked much better, linked up well and played with quick tempo

Dyer 6 - Good runs as usual, but end product as usual wasn't good enough

Beckford 6 - Linked up well here and there, but then went down hill from about the 20th minute

Vardy 7 - Real livewire, really think he could add something this season

Schlupp 7 - Decent display at left-back

Parkes 5 - Apart from the goal, I just don't think he is good enough yet

Danns 6 - Slow start but gradually got into the game

King 5 - Not for me, did nothing that impressed me today

Knockaert 8 - Quick and full of tricks, if he plays consistently well he will be one of the finds of the season

Waghorn 3 - Just shit in all fairness

Nugent 4 - Did nothing but not concerned because we all know how good he is

Think that's all of them.

Kasper - 6 - Not much to do to be fair to him, good save to stop Sunderland pulling level.

De Laet - 6.5 - Looks better than Peltier, willing to get forward and looked pretty solid defensivley

Moore - 8 - Really good, I don't think he's great at CB, but every time I've seen him at RB he has been fantastic and today was no different, hope he gets more first team football this year.

Morgan - 8 - Again very good performance, alot better than when I saw him at Shrewsbury. I think he's a really good defender so no problem there.

Konchesky - 7 - Solid as ever, nothing spectacular.

Marshall - 7.5 - Did a good job on the left and right, we know what he's capable of and he looked just as good as he was at the end of the season.

Drinkwater - 8.5 - Magnificent performance from him in the middle of the park, wasn't sure who we should start in the middle but he has made it easy.

James - 7 - Looked alright once he got into the game, I think he'll do well here especially linking up with Danny.

Dyer - 6 - Alright, used his pace well but other than that added little I thought.

Beckford - 7 - Better from him than most of his performances last season, think he benefited from a new strike partner, but couldn't take his chances.

Vardy - 7.5 - Looked really lively before picking up the nock, played two great balls through for Beckford.

Schlupp - 6 - Isn't a left back but did a decent job there to be fair.

Parkes - 6 - Wasn't great, but I doubt he'll care about that because at the end of the day it's his goal that has won us the game. Probably needs a spell on loan when we get over our injury issues.

Danns - 5.5 - Not his best game, still making some poor passes, but energetic as always.

King - 5.5 - Similar to Danns not his best game, but eventually he got more involved and didn't look too bad.

Knockaert - 9 - Class. He was superb for the 45 minutes today, always beating his man, looked calm and responded well to the Sunderland players trying to get in his head. Honestly really excited to see the lad this season, think he's going to have a big part to play along with Marshall.

Waghorn - 6 - Was slightly better than Nugent today as he did at least do a decent job of controlling the ball and linking others into play, never really got going.

Nugent - 5 - Not his best day at the office, not very involved, but it's not too much of a concern.

Kasper - 7 - Couple of saves and catches, nothing else to do.

Konch - 7 - Usual consistent self.

Wes - 8 - Rock at the back, he'll be crucial this season.

Moore - 8 - Going on this performance he's developed into a very strong CB/RB. Would be happy with him starting against Posh.

De Laet - 7 - Decent performance, will be an upgrade on Peltier. Gets forward regularly too.

Dyer - 6 - Worked hard but was quiet.

Drinkwater - 8 - Along with James dominated the Sunderland midfield, dictated well and got stuck in.

James - 7 - Best performance of his pre-season so far, maybe because he knew Drinkwater's game well.

Marshall - 8 - Cracking game, he has huge potential.

Beckford - 7 - Linked well with Vardy and worked hard, should've scored.

Vardy - 7 - Got pace to burn and got in behind a few times. Needs to improve on his decision making, but has potential for a great season.

Subs

Parkes - 7 - Few sloppy passes, but he defended relatively well.

Schlupp - 6 - Did as well as he could at LB.

King - 6 - Got his foot in a few times but was his usual quiet self.

Danns - 7 - Usual busy self, improved as the second half went on.

Knockaert - 9 - Looks extremely talented, confident, and has a great work ethic. Looks to be a fantastic find.

Nugent - 6 - Not involved really.

Waghorn - 6 - Got involved a bit, didn't do much but was better than Nugent.

Would say the same though Kasper did make a top class save that looked all but in

Kasper - 7 - Did everything very well including one terrific save

Konch - 7 - Solid and reliable as ever

Wes - 8 - Superb and showed a captains performance

Moore - 8 - I'd agree with the first comments, i'd feel comfortable with him covering centre back for a while, looks a talented young player

De Laet - 7 - Same as Konch

Dyer - 7 - Did ok, tried to make things happen and worked very hard

Drinkwater - 9 - I thought he was MOTM with ease, dominated the midfield. Won tackles, covered lots of ground and kept possession with ease

James - 8 - Wasnt expecting too much but him and Drinky were very good. Some decent close touch control and looked very tidy in possession also

Marshall - 8 - A danger throughout and will be a huge asset this season

Beckford - 7 - Decent performace, did as much as he could although maybe could of netted. I'd Expect him to start next week

Vardy - 7 - Similar to Beckford and he looks very lively. Should be another big asset this season

Subs

Schlupp - 7 - I thought did very well out of position, has so much pace and could be a good versatile option

Parkes - 7 - Nice to see him score, did ok overall but probably not a long term answer

King - 6 - Did ok, made some great runs but lacks the quality in possession that James and Drinky had.

Danns - 7 - On the ball not as good as James/Drinky but cant fault his effort and workrate and is a different type midfielder that will be a big asset

Knockaert - 9 - As perviously stated, looks quality, skillful, quick and can beat a man with ease. He may not be the biggest in height/strength but works hard and gets stuck in

Nugent - 6 - Looked off the pace but think it will be a one off

Waghorn - 7 - I thought did well, was feeding off scraps for a good chunk of the 2nd half but worked hard and hold up play was good. Could still be a good option this season as holds up a ball better than Becks/Nugent/Vardy

Based on the performance, i would keep the same team for Peterboro bar Dyer. Knockaert has to start.

I think James and Drinkwater have confirmed the centre mid berths on that display and along with Marshall, we could have a very exciting midfield.

Harsh on Nugent maybe but Vardy and Beckford look good.

Be nice to see Whitbread fit but Moore looks capable

I'm not normally one for scores out of 10, but surely 10 would equate perfection and therefore world class ability. I'm not entirely sure that any current Leicester players could claim to be world class.

No, marks are awarded for how they performed against the opposition they had, not Brazil :P

No, marks are awarded for how they performed against the opposition they had, not Brazil :P

So the system changes every game? That doesn't seem like a very useful measurement system.

Also would grading them against the opposition not require you to know each individual opposition players strength and weakness in order to make an informed judgement on their performance?

Schmeichel- 7 (Commanded his box)

De Laet- 7 (Handled McClean very well)

Morgan- 7 (Solid all game)

Moore- 7 (Coped admirably at both CB and RB)

Konchesky- 7 (Typical Konch, sent in a couple of fine crosses)

Marshall- 8 (Crossing was mixed, but his shooting is still fierce and was able to play on both left and right side)

Drinkwater- 9 (Best player on the pitch)

James- 7 (Supported Drinkwater well)

Dyer- 6.5 (Not Lloyd's best game, but still looked a threat)

Vardy- 7 (Tried hard and was linking well with Beckford)

Beckford- 7 (Had a couple of chances he could've gone better with, but he linked up with Vardy)

Subs:

Nugent- 6

Waghorn- 6

Knockaert- 8 (Clever, tricky player with some attitude too. He'll be very popular)

King- 5

Danns- 5

Parkes- 7

Schlupp- 6

So the system changes every game? That doesn't seem like a very useful measurement system.

Also would grading them against the opposition not require you to know each individual opposition players strength and weakness in order to make an informed judgement on their performance?

No, the system does not change and you are grading our players not the opposition players but if you want to make something so simple seem complicated go ahead.

No, the system does not change and you are grading our players not the opposition players but if you want to make something so simple seem complicated go ahead.

It's just that you said it's based on how our players perform 'against the opposition they had', surely that would require you to know how good the opposition player was in order to judge how well our player was?

It's just that you said it's based on how our players perform 'against the opposition they had', surely that would require you to know how good the opposition player was in order to judge how well our player was?

No it does not, you mark the player for how they played, if it was against a sunday league team and they owned them they would get high marks, if they played Brazil and were owned they would most probably get low marks.

I came on here to post player ratings for this game, not to argue petty semantics :P

No it does not, you mark the player for how they played, if it was against a sunday league team and they owned them they would get high marks, if they played Brazil and were owned they would most probably get low marks.

I came on here to post player ratings for this game, not to argue petty semantics :P

Still strikes me as an odd and deeply flawed scoring system. I mean if you didn't go it's of absolutely no use to you because the 7 they got one week would not be worth the same as the 7 they got the following week because the opposition changed, you may be mislead into believing a player had got substantially better or worse when in fact all that was different was their opponent.

Is 5 regarded as good as it is half of 10 or is that a poor score?

Still strikes me as an odd and deeply flawed scoring system. I mean if you didn't go it's of absolutely no use to you because the 7 they got one week would not be worth the same as the 7 they got the following week because the opposition changed, you may be mislead into believing a player had got substantially better or worse when in fact all that was different was their opponent.

Is 5 regarded as good as it is half of 10 or is that a poor score?

Think you're going far too deep into this.

It's a simple system that gives people who didn't go to the game a reflection on how each indivdual performed.

As im nice I will do mine.

Schmeichel 7 - Not much to do, but catches from crosses were really impressive

De Laet 7 - Bit rash with some tackles, but seemed composed got forward well

Morgan 10 - Rock never seen such a dominate performance by a centre back of ours

Moore 9 - Really impressed, defended and read the game superbly well

Konchesky 8 - Consistent as per usual

Marshall 8 - Slow start, but second half he looked very dangerous

James 8 - Impressed me loads, can tackle and likes to play fast tempo I like that kind of play

Drinkwater 9 - Defensive side he looked much better, linked up well and played with quick tempo

Dyer 6 - Good runs as usual, but end product as usual wasn't good enough

Beckford 6 - Linked up well here and there, but then went down hill from about the 20th minute

Vardy 7 - Real livewire, really think he could add something this season

Schlupp 7 - Decent display at left-back

Parkes 5 - Apart from the goal, I just don't think he is good enough yet

Danns 6 - Slow start but gradually got into the game

King 5 - Not for me, did nothing that impressed me today

Knockaert 8 - Quick and full of tricks, if he plays consistently well he will be one of the finds of the season

Waghorn 3 - Just shit in all fairness

Nugent 4 - Did nothing but not concerned because we all know how good he is

Think that's all of them.

Apart from 10 for Big Wes I totally agree with your assessments Kingfox, and yes he was immense though so composed and dominant but 10 mmmm! So many positives and young Liam looks v promising. :chant:

Just been watching some of the diving on the BBC.

We should introduce a 'degree of difficulty' factor into our player ratings.

I would suggest Sunderland, as a Premier League side as about 1.6....... :thumbup:

Think you're going far too deep into this.

It's a simple system that gives people who didn't go to the game a reflection on how each indivdual performed.

But does it? For those who didn't attend it's almost completely useless because all scores are relative. If however there was an accepted norm or control score then you could accurately judge a performance otherwise they become completely arbitrary numbers.

For example one person has rated Waghorn 3 whilst another has rated them 7. That is a fairly sizeable margin of error.

Just been watching some of the diving on the BBC.

We should introduce a 'degree of difficulty' factor into our player ratings.

I would suggest Sunderland, as a Premier League side as about 1.6....... :thumbup:

Next he will wanting to know what they ate, the type of boots they were wearing, underwear preferences lol:ph34r:

Archived