Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Torquay v Leicester City - League Cup Match Thread

I think it's important that we win this evening. Winning breeds winning.

We are playing a strong team and the result needs to reflect it.

Yeah, I agree Col. The 'winning breeds winning' comment is exactly why I wanted us to field a strong team. Still want us to gel as a team/unit, and in my opinion, I don't think it would be suitable to change the team constantly, early on in the season.

I think this may be my favourite 15 mins of every season..

The squad is relatively fit, on paper we look amazing, the opposition are going to battered, new signings are an exciting unknown and there's optimism everywhere!

Unless you listened to John Solako pre-match :P

Anyone hear the comments on SSN.

Solako was asked about whether we bought in any quality to the side and he said no. Do these pundits ever hear latest football news?

We have brought in whitbread, james, de laet, vardy, futacs, knockaert. These signings strengthen all the areas compared to last season.

All the pundits in the studio went on to rave about birmingham signing 'real quality' with ravel morrison, david lucas (GK) and Hayden Mullins.

Those pundits are a joke.

Solako having a go at us?

Nah he was just saying he didn't think we'd improve enough from last season. Which is a fair point to suggest - the fact he hasn't seen any of our new signings play makes his opinion invalid though.

Archived