Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Standard and quality of referees in the Npower Championship

Blaming the officials again, another case of Deja Vu from last season.

Maybe the officials did fuck up, but can we blame them for not making the most of the reason of our chances? Can we blame them for us going 1-0 down? Can we blame them for us conceding the 2nd.

If it makes you feel better by all means blame the officials every game but like last season perhaps look at the bigger picture - We can't convert enough chances and haven't got a tight enough defence, don't get me wrong the officials mistakes don't help us and they do make too many mistakes but please don't pin the loss solely on them.

Yes we can blame them for us going 1-0 down. And yes we can blame them for not going 2-1 up.

The simple fact is they got both of these said decisions wrong yesterday. One man is 2 yards offside obstructing the keeper when they score, the other is half a yard on when we score. How can they not see the difference?

Ok, we had enough chances but the facts are there for people to see that the officials did cost us yesterday.

Vardys goal was well onside but you can't change the decisions.

Ive been watching footy for 35 years and think decisions even themselves out over the course of a season.

It was tough, but there ya go.

Those knocking the officials, have a go at being one.. It's tougher than you'd think, especially reffing.

Although the 'my mates a ref' thread still has me in stitches. That ref was a tosser.

lol

Yes we can blame them for us going 1-0 down. And yes we can blame them for not going 2-1 up.

The simple fact is they got both of these said decisions wrong yesterday. One man is 2 yards offside obstructing the keeper when they score, the other is half a yard on when we score. How can they not see the difference?

Ok, we had enough chances but the facts are there for people to see that the officials did cost us yesterday.

Don't get me wrong I hate referee's as much as the next person and yes yesterday we may have had bad officials but the amount of time we blame the officials for us failing to win or pin the blame on them for the reason we lost reminds me of the boy who cried wolf too many times.

Whenever we fail to win 9 times out of 10 is down to bad officiating you'd think according to most of our fans.

When a referee makes a bad decision for opposition and we win it's hardly mentioned.

Just winds me up, look at the bigger picture, we had more than enough chances to win the game yesterday - we didn't convert the chances into goals, Blackburn had not many chances, scored twice - one may have been offside like you say - doesn't really matter though they had 4 shots on target, they converted 50% of their chances/our defence is leaky and let them score from 50% of their chances.

Don't get me wrong I hate referee's as much as the next person and yes yesterday we may have had bad official's but the amount of time we blame the officials for us failing to win or pin the blame on them for the reason we lost reminds me of the boy who cried wold too many times.

Whenever we fail to win 9 times out of 10 is down to bad officiating you'd think according to most of our fans.

When a referee makes a bad decision for opposition it's hardly mentioned.

Just winds me up, look at the bigger picture, we had more than enough chances to win the game yesterday - we didn't convert the chances into goals, Blackburn had not many chances, scored twice - one may have been offside like you say - doesn't really matter though they had 4 shots on target, they converted 50% of their chances/our defence is leaky and let them score from 50% of their chances.

Sensible post Matt.. I agree

If we are gonna rely on the officials gettin it right every game there are gonna be lots of frustrated people on the forum over the season.

I spent countless years watching the dross that is sent to the walkers/filbo. Driving back along the M69 every week moaning that we should have had this or that penalty should never have been. This led me to believe anybody could do it! I decided that I would give it ago. Paid my money and did a referees course. Since then I have reffed a lot of games. I know it's different at my level, but it's bloody hard in the time you get to make a decision that is correct. 9/10 times somebody is aggrieved. I'll admit to mistakes, but I challenge any of you moaning to do it yourselves! If you're any good, you can get onto the football league refs and show them how it should be done.

Anyway... Never offside for Vardy

And Gomes' was due to the player obstructing

I spent countless years watching the dross that is sent to the walkers/filbo. Driving back along the M69 every week moaning that we should have had this or that penalty should never have been. This led me to believe anybody could do it! I decided that I would give it ago. Paid my money and did a referees course. Since then I have reffed a lot of games. I know it's different at my level, but it's bloody hard in the time you get to make a decision that is correct. 9/10 times somebody is aggrieved. I'll admit to mistakes, but I challenge any of you moaning to do it yourselves! If you're any good, you can get onto the football league refs and show them how it should be done.

Anyway... Never offside for Vardy

And Gomes' was due to the player obstructing

Great post.

As another schooled in the 'if you think you can do better have a go yourself' philosophy, I also reffed for five years when an knee injury finished my footballing career! lol

One thing I always found after most decisions was that the players who got the decision were happy, the players who it went against, weren't. Same with fans.

I got up to senior league standard, then started working weekends. Much harder than I ever expected although most of the lads were decent blokes to be fair.

The ref we had tonight was a joke.

So arrogant it was untrue with all his pathetic hand gestures. It wasn't a free kick for their goal. It was never a penalty to them and we should've had a penalty first half as well as them being down to ten men.

to all those saying vardy's goal was not offside - uh urrrrrrrrr. Nugent was. I freeze froze it from Knocky's cross and the moment he kicked the ball Nuge was off by a whisker. Nuge was interferring with play and whilst it was by a tiny margin it was still offside. Stop blaming refs and look a little closer to home. Second tier team so second tier refs, end of. Shut yer fooking rattle and get on with wining games rather than whining games.

Did Nugent touch the ball in that vardy dissallowed goal? If not then he not interfering with play then...blame bolton for all this offside crap lol

He doesnt have to touch the ball, hence why Gomes' goal shouldnt have counted. Its still one of them decisions that can go either way but the linesman guessed, especially as I though he pointed to Vardy when questioned.

It can go either way but if they don't touch the ball then they are technically not interfering...hense why Bolton use Davies to stand offside from a free kick even though the ball still goes in that direction towards the box...the rule needs clearing up as it causes to many problems

It can go either way but if they don't touch the ball then they are technically not interfering...hense why Bolton use Davies to stand offside from a free kick even though the ball still goes in that direction towards the box...the rule needs clearing up as it causes to many problems

You're wrong.

Well they are because the defence has been affected by what they do. You're telling me we could stand two players on the goaline to interfere with the keeper but they wouldnt be offside because as the ball flies in the net they don't touch it?

to all those saying vardy's goal was not offside - uh urrrrrrrrr. Nugent was. I freeze froze it from Knocky's cross and the moment he kicked the ball Nuge was off by a whisker. Nuge was interferring with play and whilst it was by a tiny margin it was still offside. Stop blaming refs and look a little closer to home. Second tier team so second tier refs, end of. Shut yer fooking rattle and get on with wining games rather than whining games.

So, if that's the case, why didn't he disallow their first goal?

The ref last night was crap.

Has anybody seen a reply of the penalty tonight? I thought their lad handled it!

I was sitting level with the penalty area, it was definately a Burton player that handballed it, as I said in another post, I thought the ref must have seen another infringment.I don't ssuppose there is any video evidence, but too late now anyway

6 substitutions, 5 goals, time wasting, at least one injury = 4 minutes added on.

How does that work?

Not that i was too bothered on the night as i was glad to see the game finish.

Archived