Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Standard and quality of referees in the Npower Championship

6 substitutions, 5 goals, time wasting, at least one injury = 4 minutes added on.

How does that work?

Not that i was too bothered on the night as i was glad to see the game finish.

It was his ridiculous posturing that annoyed me more.

True but that is subjective I thought time added on for goals & substitutions wasn't.

Yep, start of the 2nd half, 22 players out ready to start play, on strolls the ref, at a pace just slow enough to make sure that everyone in the ground knew how important he was.

The officials were poor last night, but it shouldn't detract from the abject performance. Or the good performance from Burton.

Im a referee myself and all this refereeing stuff is nonsense. Yes, some of the decisions teams get are an absolute farce. But I can 100% say that referee's will give what they see on the day. If they think its a foul they will give it. If they think its not a foul they wont give it. At the end of the day all the fans are sat up in the stand and abuse the referee's when they actually have a pretty decent better view. The players won't agree with the referee's because that's who they are but if there is a mistake made it is only a mistake. Every referee will have at least one bad game a season and like everyone they will make a mistake. If you can tell me you have never made a mistake then I would be surprised. If we were to defend better and score more goals then we would not need decisions from the referee.

Im a referee myself and all this refereeing stuff is nonsense. Yes, some of the decisions teams get are an absolute farce. But I can 100% say that referee's will give what they see on the day. If they think its a foul they will give it. If they think its not a foul they wont give it. At the end of the day all the fans are sat up in the stand and abuse the referee's when they actually have a pretty decent better view. The players won't agree with the referee's because that's who they are but if there is a mistake made it is only a mistake. Every referee will have at least one bad game a season and like everyone they will make a mistake. If you can tell me you have never made a mistake then I would be surprised. If we were to defend better and score more goals then we would not need decisions from the referee.

Not when a referee is bias and the FA/FL have a conspiracy against us - which is what it seems like according to people looking for excuses on here.

Not when a referee is bias and the FA/FL have a conspiracy against us - which is what it seems like according to people looking for excuses on here.

I don't think anyone thinks there is bias or a conspiracy, I think everyone is just sick and tired of how horrifically awful the refs are these days. I'm not blaming the Burton game on the ref but he really was ridiculous. What made me laugh was that he gave them a penalty when they handballed it yet when Whitbread had their guy by the shirt and dragged him blatantly to the floor right in front of the ref, he didn't give them a penalty.

The Blackburn game is touch and go with how you want to interpret the offside but surely if Vardys header was offside then their first was as well. Interfering with play.

Its just the general inconsistency of refs that grates me. Even watching Forest vs Bolton pissed me off because the ref was just awful.

Can't remember seeing many competent refs in the champ. The amount of bad decisions we see every week is just incredible given what is at stake. In any other business such a pivotal position would be worthy of massive investment. In football, it seems, the idea is not to invest any money in improving referees but rather invest money in getting people to accept and respect the shit referees without question

Can't remember seeing many competent refs in the champ. The amount of bad decisions we see every week is just incredible given what is at stake. In any other business such a pivotal position would be worthy of massive investment. In football, it seems, the idea is not to invest any money in improving referees but rather invest money in getting people to accept and respect the shit referees without question

Good point. Hadn't thought of that, but I think that's definitely true. It's cheaper to print a few posters than to train a few decent referees.

Here we go again, blaming referees for our lack of points.

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

See now you've said that, you can't claim that Nigel Pearson's magnificent Leicester were gifted the three points by the ref today. Shame.

See now you've said that, you can't claim that Nigel Pearson's magnificent Leicester were gifted the three points by the ref today. Shame.

lol This is his quote from the post match thread.

"We did not dominate like some people make out, and got that rather fortunate penalty, to bag the points."

"We did not dominate like some people make out, and got that rather fortunate penalty, to bag the points."

Haha, Brilliant.

Excuses again, come on Dangerous, we know you would have liked Blackpool to win, but you can't be blaming the officials mate.

lol

Brilliant! When we lose at the very recently relegated former PL champions, it's because we're 5hit. When we beat the league leaders and ruin their perfect record, it's because of a dodgy ref.

According to many of our fans we've lost 3 points already in 3 games and according to a [deluded] few due to referee's we are out of the league cup.

I doubt it's many Matt. We probably benefitted from the referee yesterday, but there's no way our games have been decided solely down to officials.

I doubt it's many Matt. We probably benefitted from the referee yesterday, but there's no way our games have been decided solely down to officials.

We didnt benefit 2 clear penalties not given and i dodgy one given right in line also 1 offside goal chalked off

• 1 month later...

The referee today was terrible, he denied us one of the most blatant handballs on the line I've ever seen. He also turned down an indentical one to the penalty we conceded against Brighton.

Not too annoyed because Palace deserved the win anyway, but shocking shocking ref.

Archived