Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Standard and quality of referees in the Npower Championship

The referee.

The one individual that has so far hardly been worthy of a mention as the season begins tomorrow afternoon. I hope that trend continues because I don't want to feel cheated by an incompetent referee week in week out.

All too often last season, more so than in previous seasons it seemed, we were on the end of a series of often bizarre and downright outrageous refereeing decisions which definately cost us points.

In the end those points didn't really make a difference but this season we don't want to find ourselves thinking 'what if' on the basis of a series of poor refereeing decisions. Certainly not to the extent we were on the end of them last season.

What do people think? Or do we just accept that we have to put up with poor referees in the football league?

:fc: for a decent set of referees this season.

Let's hope we put our own house in order first with no silly red/yellow cards for unnecessary dangerous tackles and childlike rants at the ref/assistants.

Well, it's a human decision. And although I criticise decisions at the game, and after the game, it is hard for those guys to get a decision correct in a split second... They don't exactly have camera's that study every angle, like TV coverage has.

Yes, I am hoping for a better standard of referees, but I am also hoping that we are good enough to win a game without having to blame the referee.

Hopefully better than L1 ones

Don't count on it.

I hope for your sake you don't have Darren Deadman or Gavin Ward.

Do they not do that thing where the managers rate the referee's performance and if the rating is too low he gets relegated? Or was that just suggested?

I think i've just come to terms with shite refereeing in this league now, i don't even get pissed off when the refs give shit decisions against us because i'm so used to it. Will never forget Boro away the season before last. The worst refereeing performance i have ever seen.

Don't count on it.

Do they not do that thing where the managers rate the referee's performance and if the rating is too low he gets relegated? Or was that just suggested?

We had Gavin Ward on Tuesday, he was absolute shite and sent Powell to the stands for throwing a bottle to the ground. I swear he doesn't even bring a red card to the game what with the amount of 2 footed lunges he lets go with only a yellow.

Have Gary Sutton tomorrow, whoever he is, he's shown a **** loads of yellows last season

Let's hope we put our own house in order first with no silly red/yellow cards for unnecessary dangerous tackles and childlike rants at the ref/assistants.

This...

However, let's hope we don't get reffed by some of the plonkers we had last season.

'my mates a ref!' still has to be one of the best threads ever.

lol

Don't count on it.

I think Darren Deadman has the perfect name for a poor referee

Which one did Gavin Ward do last season? Was it 'Boro home? Words still can't even begin to describe...

Now that is the worst refereeing performance I've ever seen. Easily. And I've seen a lot of shockers. What is it about Boro?

Mark Halsey was the best referee we had last season, for one simple reason- he had control of the game.

Right near the end, Cardiff had a free-kick and Whittingham moved it forward (surprise) but Halsey was having none of it and told him several times to move it back to where the offence took place. He'd done it throughout the game for both sides- it's what I want to see.

A referee that is interested in the game rather than having their name in lights.

I'm certain that last season, shocking refereeing lost us at least 10 points.

Hopefully this season will be better, but I am going to keep a log of every time a major refereeing decision either costs us or gains us points. Will be interesting to see at the end of the season.

I'm certain that last season, shocking refereeing lost us at least 10 points.

Hopefully this season will be better, but I am going to keep a log of every time a major refereeing decision either costs us or gains us points. Will be interesting to see at the end of the season.

Put it in here and we can keep the thread running.

We were done over too many times last season, so many in fact, that they all blur into one!

Who was the numpty that went into the dressing room uninvited and then banished NP to the stands?

Put it in here and we can keep the thread running.

We were done over too many times last season, so many in fact, that they all blur into one!

Who was the numpty that went into the dressing room uninvited and then banished NP to the stands?

Gavin Ward.

Cheers.

We've got Craig Pawson tomorrow. Anyone know anything about him?

Our friend Mr Ward is refereeing league 2 instead tomorrow.

Done a bit of research, Mr Pawson took control of our FA cup game vs The Trees in last seasons 4-0 drubbing. It's looking good already.

Pawson looks to be an excellent ref. Had a great game against Forest and no complaints about him on chat boards last season.

Archived