Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Standard and quality of referees in the Npower Championship

Referee was fine. Booked Marshall for a late challenge, and was consistent in doing it for their player (Taylor) when he did similarly.

Gave a couple of soft free-kicks but that will happen in every match.

Let's hope that we do not have to refer to the decisions of the referee and his assistants throughout the season. If a team gets promoted, it is because they deserve to, not because they had the help of the referee (unless of course they get a controversial penalty awarded in play off final). A team that has to relate to a referee's decision that has cost us promotion, is quite frankly embarrassing. If we play well enough, we will win and will get promoted, whether we havegood refs, or bad ones, if we play well enough, we will get promoted. I thought yesterday's referee was very good, and had control of the game.

Too many referee's get criticised, yet when they make a good decision, as did Mike Dean last night in the awarding of West Ham's goal, they recieve very little praise. A referee should not be the centre of attention in a football match, simply his job is to monitor the game, and in my opinion the referee should be left out of the limelight, and fan's should focus more on supporting our team.

Come on Leicester.

Blaming the officials again, another case of Deja Vu from last season.

Maybe the officials did fuck up, but can we blame them for not making the most of the reason of our chances? Can we blame them for us going 1-0 down? Can we blame them for us conceding the 2nd.

If it makes you feel better by all means blame the officials every game but like last season perhaps look at the bigger picture - We can't convert enough chances and haven't got a tight enough defence, don't get me wrong the officials mistakes don't help us and they do make too many mistakes but please don't pin the loss solely on them.

Can't just blame the officials but the linesman today certainly didn't do us any favours with that key decision. Hopefully it will balance itself out over the course of the season. Onwards and upwards...

The biggest myth in football.

Maybe the officials did fuck up, but can we blame them for not making the most of the reason of our chances? Can we blame them for us going 1-0 down? Can we blame them for us conceding the 2nd.

If it makes you feel better by all means blame the officials every game but like last season perhaps look at the bigger picture - We can't convert enough chances and haven't got a tight enough defence, don't get me wrong the officials mistakes don't help us and they do make too many mistakes but please don't pin the loss solely on them.

Look mate if the goal had been allowed which it should we'd have been 2-1 up and Pederson would never have had his chance because the game would have restarted with a centre kick!!!! F*** we may have even won 3-2, 3-1 or yeah drawn 2-2 but we would unlikely have lost 3-2!!!!!

I appreciate what you're saying Matt but for me us not taking our chances was not the game changer, the officials decision was.

Our missed chances were the result of excellent goalkeeping, not us missing easy chances.

Leicester boss Nigel Pearson bemoaned the performance of the officials and felt his side were unlucky to lose 2-1 at Blackburn.

Rovers took the lead in the first half against the run of play thanks to Nuno Gomes' precise finish before Jamie Vardy pounced on a Scott Dann error.

Vardy had a header disallowed for offside with the scores level at 1-1 before Morten Gamst Pedersen won the game for Rovers with a curling shot late on.

Pearson pointed to Vardy's disallowed goal and was also disappointed because he felt Blackburn's first had a man in an offside position.

He said: "The officials have to make themselves accountable for the decisions they make. They got key decisions wrong. Their first goal where they have a man clearly standing in front of [Kasper] Schmeichel. They're either both onside or offside. Vardy is clearly onside. Unfortunately they try and clarify things each year but I'm not sure there is clarity in regard to that.

"I think all in all our performances have been very positive and we were certainly worth a win. If we'd have got a draw we'd have been a little bit disappointed but that is how football is sometimes."

F**king terrible, how that goal was deemed offside I don't know, it made my blood boil in my veins :mad: , one think I hope is adopted is review technology using video footage like cricket and rugby do, goal line technology is one but onside technology if the linesman is too inept to spot that our play was offside when it clearly wasn't too many decisions will f**k us up.

F**king terrible, how that goal was deemed offside I don't know, it made my blood boil in my veins :mad: , one think I hope is adopted is review technology using video footage like cricket and rugby do, goal line technology is one but onside technology if the linesman is too inept to spot that our play was offside when it clearly wasn't too many decisions will f**k us up.

Looked like Nugent was just offside to me,though could have gone either way, as for there first goal well that should have never stood.

Although I slightly agree with Matt, yes we can't keep blaming officials, yesterday they were poor. Blackburn were awarded free kicks on a number of occasions where it looked they were good tackles.

Looking at the programme pre match though, one of the officials was from Lancashire?!

To be fair to the defence the second goal was Bergkamp-esk,not a lot they could do with that

It,s the lack of consistency that is frustrating.The offside for Vardy's second goal was marginal if offside.For Gomes goal a teammate was clearly offside and interfering with play.I do not understand how reasonably competent officials could miss that.

Archived