Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Charlton Scoreline Prediction

4 points is a must from these 2 away games, anything less would be disappointing imo, I see no reason why we cannot beat Charlton and Blackburn it easier said than done but if we are up for it and the players perform to their maximum ability why the hell not?, NP said in his pre-match interview it is game we want to win and that mentality away from home should be instilled into the fans and players alike of course away games aren't easy at all, but if you overcome them and win your home games you stand a good chance of promotion come the end of the season.

4 points is a must from these 2 away games, anything less would be disappointing imo, I see no reason why we cannot beat Charlton and Blackburn it easier said than done but if we are up for it and the players perform to their maximum ability why the hell not?, NP said in his pre-match interview it is game we want to win and that mentality away from home should be instilled into the fans and players alike of course away games aren't easy at all, but if you overcome them and win your home games you stand a good chance of promotion come the end of the season.

Be realistic...

Four points isn't a 'must' from the next two games. We would have only played 3 games! We aren't gonna win every away game. Pick up one win from the next two and I'll consider we've had a great start. Of course, four points would be lovely, but it's not imperative... It's a long season.

Interesting.. So literally no-one thinks we are going to lose this game?

:whistle:

The optimism is admirable.

I don't understand anyone who thinks we won't win, and that is for any game, ever, I've been supporting Leicester long enough to see us beat the best and lose to the worst, I don't think we will win every game this season, but before every game I will think we will win, otherwise what is the point in going to the game, listening to the radio or even following it on teletext (back in the day).

For the record I think we will win this, I would bet on 2-0 cagey first half followed by an improved second as our quality shines through, Marshall to score first and Knockaert to seal the game late on after coming off the bench, he will celebrate by saying something rude to Kermogant in French and making him cry.

You want to watch your not over medicating yourself mate. 4 points a must?

I don't understand anyone who thinks we won't win, and that is for any game, ever, I've been supporting Leicester long enough to see us beat the best and lose to the worst, I don't think we will win every game this season, but before every game I will think we will win, otherwise what is the point in going to the game, listening to the radio or even following it on teletext (back in the day).

For the record I think we will win this, I would bet on 2-0 cagey first half followed by an improved second as our quality shines through, Marshall to score first and Knockaert to seal the game late on after coming off the bench, he will celebrate by saying something rude to Kermogant in French and making him cry.

If my memory serves me rightly I thought you made frequent posts last season on the ill effects of the pressure on the players and the club ( and the fans) of raising expectation too much. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I thought you made the point, very succinctly, that we were wrong to suggest we were going to 'win every game' for example.

I tended to agree with you... To stop being too expectant, and to therefore stop being very frustrated when we did lose, I think it's essential to look at every fixture on a game by game basis. There is a difference between 'hope' and 'prediction'. We all hope we will win every game, but that doesnt have to mean we will predict to win every game.

You've confused me on this because I thought last season you we're suggesting there was too much expectation on the players?

Finally, your comment: 'I don't think we will win every game this season and before every game I think we will win' makes no sense?

If my memory serves me rightly I thought you made frequent posts last season on the ill effects of the pressure on the players and the club ( and the fans) of raising expectation too much. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I thought you made the point, very succinctly, that we were wrong to suggest we were going to 'win every game' for example.

I tended to agree with you... To stop being too expectant, and to therefore stop being very frustrated when we did lose, I think it's essential to look at every fixture on a game by game basis. There is a difference between 'hope' and 'prediction'. We all hope we will win every game, but that doesnt have to mean we will predict to win every game.

You've confused me on this because I thought last season you we're suggesting there was too much expectation on the players?

Finally, your comment: 'I don't think we will win every game this season and before every game I think we will win' makes no sense?

I don't always make sense, :blush: if you ask me before every game do I think we will win, I will say yes, there is nobody in this league that I don't think we can't beat, in that sense I am an optimist.

But I am also a realist and know that we are going to lose some games we shouldn't, we will play badly at times and drop points, sometimes we will just be the second best team on the pitch, and we are not going to go through this season unbeaten, even though every week on the predictor I am going to put Leicester to win and honestly believe that (this is probably why I don't gamble).

I think my point last season was more about fans reaction after the defeat, the over the top negativity on here, often by those that weren't at the game was just ridiculous, nobody goes through the season winning every game, not even Barca, and often a defeat is through no fault of the players, it is one team against another and sometimes both teams give their all to win, but there can only be one winner and looking for scapegoats in our team is not constructive when the reason we lost is the fact that there were 11 men trying to make us lose, that's life, that's sport, that's why we love it.

(or something like that anyway)

I don't always make sense, :blush: if you ask me before every game do I think we will win, I will say yes, there is nobody in this league that I don't think we can't beat, in that sense I am an optimist.

But I am also a realist and know that we are going to lose some games we shouldn't, we will play badly at times and drop points, sometimes we will just be the second best team on the pitch, and we are not going to go through this season unbeaten, even though every week on the predictor I am going to put Leicester to win and honestly believe that (this is probably why I don't gamble).

I think my point last season was more about fans reaction after the defeat, the over the top negativity on here, often by those that weren't at the game was just ridiculous, nobody goes through the season winning every game, not even Barca, and often a defeat is through no fault of the players, it is one team against another and sometimes both teams give their all to win, but there can only be one winner and looking for scapegoats in our team is not constructive when the reason we lost is the fact that there were 11 men trying to make us lose, that's life, that's sport, that's why we love it.

(or something like that anyway)

Fair play to ya. .

:thumbup:

I fancy 2-2. It depends on our approach but if it is anything like at Southampton last seson there's no reason we shouldn't score twice. I just think that Charlton will have more ambition than Peterborough showed Saturday and that our largely untested defence might falter. That said I'll be betting on a win. If our attitude is right there's no reason we shouldn't beat Charlton or anyone else.

I've changed, and going for 0-0 now. Only because, the last two seasons with Pearson in charge read:

Leicester 2-0 MK Dons, then 0-0 at Stockport

Leicester 2-1 Swansea, then 0-0 at Ipswich

Leicester 2-0 Peterborough, then ?

There's a difference between thinking we will win, and thinking we can win.

Firstly, you can't help how you feel, if you're being honest with yourself there are matches that you think to yourself 'I don't fancy us today'. That's not being negative, you just know that in reality we will lose some games.

Secondly, some of the best moments I've had supporting City have been an unexpected goal or result. The goal against Leeds in league one, the win against Norwich last season, the comebac against Spurs - wouldn't have been as good if I thought they were going to happen.

I do agree with you second post though, too many fans go into matches expecting a bad game and it's obvious they are watching it with a negative attitude, and then also look for the negatives after the game, even if we've won.

Archived