Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BstarFox

Charlton Post-match

Jason on the radio - are you joking? we will be left with just Nugent and a striker that hasn't proved his worth at this level yet. Waghorn and Schlupp arent good enough

Take a look at yourself!!

A striker not proven at this level? You talking about Vardy or Beckford?

Basically everyone is overreacting!! Look it's the second game and one loss!! Charlton will be a tough side to play especially at their ground. We will still be up there no doubt. The only change I'd make for Blackburn is James out for king

Pearson likes players with the right attitude. Sometimes he lets his preference for players with character get in the way of common sense - Beckford is a prime example of this. Beckford does not belong in the team.

Yeah and thats his problem. I'm the boss, i'm in charge, all that Brian Clough baloney has long gone. Just be a good man manager. Instead of fighting with players and chucking them out.

He has traded going missing for 90 with andrew king

Find it strange that people slate Dyer for getting into positions and say nothing about Marshall who hardly got mentioned. Will be interested for views of those who went.

Danns has Urgency. something we lack.

But it's not worth it if we then give the ball away.

I don't mind Danns but I think, as with so many, he's become better in the fans eyes from being out of the side rather than the usual reflections of his performance in it.

Did Marshall do much today? Not seen anyone mention him on here?

Doubt it, rarely influences a game massively. But I doubt anyone will mention it.

We're too lightweight away from home. We always have been. Two in the middle doesn't work, Marshall, as much as everyone seems to want to put their cock up his arsehole, doesn't do anything defensively, Dyer isn't useful in that way either.

I dunno what the solution is, but it's obvious that every time we play away from home with a more "attacking" line up (ie 2 up top and 2 cms) we get battered.

Drinkwater does give the ball away now and then but he is always looking for the forward pass which is something we lack without him in the side. I'm not too sure about the calls for Danns. He runs about a lot and isn't scared to put a foot in or have a crack from distance, but he is terrible for giving the ball away. He plays with his head down. Those calling for Nugent's return are forgetting that he missed a decent chance himself (if Stringer has it right) in the second half. I sympathise with the calls for Dyer's removal because I don't think he is good enough to be a regular starter in a side with promotion ambitions. Fine as an impact sub, but no more. As lovely as it is to see him frightening opponents with his pace the bloke can't kick the ball. As for the defence, Whitbread and St Ledger are good defenders at this level and will be missed so long as they are out. Moore did well on Saturday but we shouldn't con ourselves into believing he is the finished article.

I've faith in Pearson to get this right. He has a good track record at this club and I doubt very much he'd publicly aim for promotion if he didn't think he could deliver it. Ultimately, if he fails, he will lose his job. Two games into a forty six game season is far too early to be panicking. We may well have just played our toughest match of a challenging looking opening few weeks.

Archived