Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BstarFox

Charlton Post-match

Disappointing to put in a first half like that... again!

Encouraging we made the changes at half-time to give ourselves the performance needed to give ourselves a chance, but it wasn't to be

no shots on target in the whole of the first half & unlucky in the second.

Bring on Blackburn!

Agreed - we went out and gave them a game, where I think last season we might have capitulated.

Read more here - Conclusions from the Valley.

same sort of performance as last season. not got much hope. and as for Vardy, i think we know why he has been in the lower leagues all his career. Andy King is looking fairly good though.

After one and a half games you are writing him off. I seem to remember Beckford and Nugent missing chances as well!

Yes it is only the second game of the season, but come on, same old same old, losing away to who!! And how Many chances do we ****ing need in these kind of games!!! Pissed off

And to who? That kind of arrogance will do us no favours. Probably worth remembering that we were where Charlton are now just a couple of years ago. And they were in the top flight more recently than us.

Anyway, not too worried by this. From what I can gather we should have won, but we'll have games like this over the course of a 46 game season. I don't know quite what people's expectations are. There are several clubs and teams of similar size and quality to us in this league - Charlton are among them, by the way - and we won't be beating them all. We're probably capable of a top six finish, but I'd say there are several more who can claim that.

same sort of performance as last season. not got much hope. and as for Vardy, i think we know why he has been in the lower leagues all his career. Andy King is looking fairly good though.

Vardy whom many voted MOTM against Pboro?

why are people still wanting beckford to play??

Yes vardy and nugent missed chances, but beckford never gets any. He is hopeless and does not deserve to play if he is 'high fiving' the opposition.

King for james

nugent for beckford

knockaert for dyer

We need to win on saturday otherwise we will be getting left behind already.

Don't write anyone off!!!

No-one.......

James and Vardy are NOT simply shite because we lost tonight.

Get real people...

We became the stronger side and on another night could have won that match.

Stay positive, but be realistic.

Why do so many people have to swing between brilliant and shite so quickly!!?

Vardy from inside the 6 yard box free header!!! got to be put away. sounded like he played well though.

dyer i have said this from the start great in league 1, gets himself in great postions, creates space and has some leathel pace, there is no point in having a winger who cannot get his head up and only really has one assit which is pace crossing is beyond me been a winger for years and still cannot cross i like dyer but i think knocky sounded as though he came on and sounded good think it's time for a change

Made a decent fist of it but we shouldn't be putting ourselves into that position in the first place.

Not all doom and gloom, don't think any team has managed two wins from the first two games and I think the league will carry on like this with

everyone dropping points.

Blackpool..

Don't write anyone off!!!

No-one.......

James and Vardy are NOT simply shite because we lost tonight.

Get real people...

We became the stronger side and on another night could have won that match.

Stay positive, but be realistic.

Why do so many people have to swing between brilliant and shite so quickly!!?

You just summed up our problem - inconsistency.

I think we'll get promoted this year. I just think we need a little bedding in and Pearson has to gear the team up to be more aggresive and play at a higher tempo from the 1st minute. Knockeart sounds like a much better bet to me. Personally I would like to see Danns somewhere in the midfield as he offers that spark but hats off to kingy!

IMO Pearson should have been more flexible. Changing a winning side is always hard, however he should have seen signs from Saturday that changes needed making. Knockaert should have played instead of dyer and away from home we should have played an extra cm to add steel! Pearson must learn from this and IMO should play 4 3 2 1 away from home! This said hind sight is a wonderful thing! Keep the faith

Archived