Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BstarFox

Charlton Post-match

Few changes for Blackburn. Start King, Nugent and Knockaert

Not sure why Danns hasnt had look in yet but I miss his energy in the middle so would look to get him involved if possible.

Not going to over react like some idiots on here but we need to take these chances.

Still confident but realistic enough to realise we will have bad days and in the context of it all, this really wasnt a shocker as much as some people are making out!!

Beat Blackburn and all the fickle fans will be loving us again!! Up the FOxes!!!

Basically everyone is overreacting!! Look it's the second game and one loss!! Charlton will be a tough side to play especially at their ground. We will still be up there no doubt. The only change I'd make for Blackburn is James out for king

I wouldn't.

Play King against Murphy and the other geezer (forgot his bloody name) and he'll be overrun.

Danns in for me I reckon.

Pearson likes players with the right attitude. Sometimes he lets his preference for players with character get in the way of common sense - Beckford is a prime example of this. Beckford does not belong in the team.

So to summarise some comments tonight. Vardy is shit and should be behind Schlupp in the pecking order for missing a chance and Beckford is great but misses chances because he isn't man managed correctly.

Doubt it, rarely influences a game massively. But I doubt anyone will mention it.

We're too lightweight away from home. We always have been. Two in the middle doesn't work, Marshall, as much as everyone seems to want to put their cock up his arsehole, doesn't do anything defensively, Dyer isn't useful in that way either.

I dunno what the solution is, but it's obvious that every time we play away from home with a more "attacking" line up (ie 2 up top and 2 cms) we get battered.

Great post.

Marshall ( the fans favourite) sounded like a spectator tonight.

Defensive midfielder anyone? Away from home?

:whistle:

Why would that be?

Guessing people are suddenly slating Vardy because he missed a last minute header... Not like Nugent or Beckford have done that hey!

To go straight into a team 2 divisions up????? When Schlupp was in this division last year, and on the balance of probability has improved one year on.

Wow! Lose a game that we probably deserved a point from and everybody throws their dummies out! Charlton will beat better teams than us this season, thats just how the championship works, remember, its a marathon, not a sprint!

Or is that some of us can see the same old attitude, desire and tactics?

Basically everyone is overreacting!! Look it's the second game and one loss!!

Only if you only look at league games this season; if you consider them in context of all of NP's games then they do tend to fit a well-worn path.

Game two, 1993/1994 season:

Tranmere Rovers 1-0 Leicester City

Game two, 1995/1996 season:

Leicester City 2-3 Stoke City

Game three, 2002/2003 season:

Ipswich Town 6-1 Leicester City

I suspect the reaction to each of those results would have been similar to that from some tonight. We were promoted at the end of each of those seasons, by the way, finishing above those sides who inflicted early defeats on us.

drinkwater Wellens does give the ball away................. it's groundhog day!

To be fair to Drinkwater he doesn't require multiple touches before playing the ball forward. We are playing in the Championship. Players who never give the ball away won't be playing in this league.

Went to the game.

Schoolboy defending led to both goals. Couldn't cope with kermit or BWP for that matter. Powell did his homework and exploited the weakness. Charlton offered precious little else but it was enough. Will be surprised if Moore gets another game anytime soon, was bullied sadly.

We were good first 15 and dominated the 2nd half from start to finish. Missed 3 or 4 gilt edged chances, Dyer and Vardy particularly.

Knockaert's cameo was great, created all sorts of havoc. Also impressed with De Laet, very solid and very quick.

Based on that, King in for James, knocky for Dyer or Marshall (anonymous save for kings goal) and Nugent for Beckford.

Find it strange that people slate Dyer for getting into positions and say nothing about Marshall who hardly got mentioned. Will be interested for views of those who went.

It's because Dyer has been doing it for years and people are fed up. People will turn to him because 1) he's yet again missed a huge chance when it's mattered and 2) because he's blatantly a weak link.

It's frustrating to see us fail time and again because we keep playing the same shit players time and again.

To go straight into a team 2 divisions up????? When Schlupp was in this division last year, and on the balance of probability has improved one year on.

That's what training and friendlies are for. Vardy looked our brightest striker against boro and I can only presume was looking brighter today also considering he stayed on the pitch over Beckford!

Or is that some of us can see the same old attitude, desire and tactics?

Or is it the same awful attitude and lack of desire from our own creeping in again, support can win games, we all know that. If we start getting on the teams back now, after this, we can kiss goodbye to promotion. We were unlucky, we will be lucky at some point in the next 44 games!

Anyone would think the management team hadn't seen them both all close season and in training... FFS

But oh no, you know more... because you heard the two crappest commentators on the planet on the radio for one game?

Right

Archived