Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BstarFox

Charlton Post-match

Guys you haven't really got a lot to be disheartened about, we scores against the run of play and then for a lot of the first half it was all us, Beckford was very wasteful and not sure why he's in over nugent!

Second half was a different story, all is Charlton fans were very impressed by you, King was the game changer, what a player! Although whoever said to drop Dyer, he was your best player tonight caused a lot of problems, Knockaert(?) came on was fast but wasn't much more, tripped himself over in the box at one point.

On today's game I'm very happy with our hard fought three points but I'm convinced you'll be seriously contending for promotion, best of luck

Charlton Sam

Thanks for the honest feedback, and not gloating. :thumbup:

Good luck for the season, although not when you visit the KP.

I'm writing this on the train so apologies for any spelling errors.

Woeful defending cost us that game, not Beckford. He was singled out by some of the window lickers near me for unbelievable criticism. It was like being surrounded by Alan Youngs love children.

If Jamie Vardy had anything approaching close control he'd have scored a couple, he doesn't so he won't.. I like his endeavour but I'd be suprised if he got more than 5 league goals this season.

If you went to the game I defy you to continue claiming that Lloyd has any qualities other than pace.

I wouldn't be too disheartened by the result, we lost rather than they won. We have a tough set of fixtures coming up so I'd ignore the league table for the foreseeable.

I wouldnt say we were lucky, but our defence is strong and has been since day one of last season, I'd say more you were unlucky? If that makes sense.

No Beckford didn't lose you the game but as an opposition fan he looked disinterested and I couldn't believe how over hyped he has been ( not by you lot mainly by Leeds fans and the media)

I wouldnt say we were lucky, but our defence is strong and has been since day one of last season, I'd say more you were unlucky? If that makes sense.

No Beckford didn't lose you the game but as an opposition fan he looked disinterested and I couldn't believe how over hyped he has been ( not by you lot mainly by Leeds fans and the media)

His problem is he has an unfair rep for being sullen, that means everyone interprets everything he does as either petulant or miserable.

As I said we lost rather than you won.

His problem is he has an unfair rep for being sullen, that means everyone interprets everything he does as either petulant or miserable.

As I said we lost rather than you won.

I don't think he does himself many favours by moaning constantly throughout the game. It's like he thinks he has to show the fans he cares by moaning every time something doesn't quite work or goes against him. Howard used to be the same. Moan, moan, moan. Just get on with the game, we can see if someone is putting effort in or not. No need to keep moaning to prove it. In contrast Nugent smiles throughout most games. I don't get why Beckford can be so much fun off the pitch, yet when he steps on it he always looks so miserable. Just my observation.

I don't think he does himself many favours by moaning constantly throughout the game. It's like he thinks he has to show the fans he cares by moaning every time something doesn't quite work or goes against him. Howard used to be the same. Moan, moan, moan. Just get on with the game, we can see if someone is putting effort in or not. No need to keep moaning to prove it. In contrast Nugent smiles throughout most games. I don't get why Beckford can be so much fun off the pitch, yet when he steps on it he always looks so miserable. Just my observation.

I disagree with you but fair enough. He's pretty much ****ed now, folks have decided he's a **** and interpret everything he does accordingly.

Anyway we lost because the other attackers fluffed incredibly easy chances and our central defence wasn't very good. That's the long and short of it.

Oh and Dyer is still only dangerous when either running with scissors or left unattended with a box of matches.

843f9536e91c33a8d7f7e0b148b861.jpg

Quite simply, not going to bite. To be honest, I thought the reception he got wasn't that bad. Obviously it's not that nice to be booed but it could've been much worse.

For the record, I didn't boo. I was just pissed off that I didn't put money on him scoring. Would've been easy money!

I disagree with you but fair enough. He's pretty much ****ed now, folks have decided he's a **** and interpret everything he does accordingly.

Anyway we lost because the other attackers fluffed incredibly easy chances and our central defence wasn't very good. That's the long and short of it.

Oh and Dyer is still only dangerous when either running with scissors or left unattended with a box of matches.

I don't think he's shit. I just wish he wouldn't moan all of the time. It feeds back in the wrong way, makes him seem unhappy to be playing for us. Then you get into a needless negative feedback loop.

The Charlton fans said they were scared of Dyer. He does cause problems, but just can't score or assist (most of the time). That is an issue I admit.

I don't think he's shit. I just wish he wouldn't moan all of the time. It feeds back in the wrong way, makes him seem unhappy to be playing for us. Then you get into a needless negative feedback loop.

The Charlton fans said they were scared of Dyer. He does cause problems, but just can't score or assist (most of the time). That is an issue I admit.

A fairly big ****ing issue. 5 assists in 3 seasons says it all. Nice lad, shit footballer.

A fairly big ****ing issue. 5 assists in 3 seasons says it all. Nice lad, shit footballer.

I do think he's better coming on for the last 20 to use his pace to cause problems against already tired defenders. I would give Knockaert a start now, see what he can do.

Charlton wasn't going to be easy at all! They should of got 3 points at birmingham!

We couldn't handle Wright Phillips with his pace nor Kermorgant who won nearly every header and won them the match!

This season will be tough like every other season, stop moaning! Charlton will be up there this season!

Let's take that game, learn from it and move on to saturday!

Oh and one last thing...Chrissy P :wub: I liked it when he kept coming out the tunnel at the final whistle lol

lol

People really need to go to games before passing judgement !!!

Not long back in.

1st 20 mins I thought we dominated, but if u don't score when your on top you get punished. Which we did.

Second half was all city from start to finish . But if you don't score your one on ones.....

nugent and dyer

and a vardy header straight at keeper. You lose .

We played well ,worked hard !!

Overall chances missed cost us . We take them ? we would have won. Or got a least a point.

Move on to Blackburn sat . Knocky really needs to start .

Charlton wasn't going to be easy at all! They should of got 3 points at birmingham!

We couldn't handle Wright Phillips with his pace nor Kermorgant who won nearly every header and won them the match!

This season will be tough like every other season, stop moaning! Charlton will be up there this season!

Let's take that game, learn from it and move on to saturday!

Oh and one last thing...Chrissy P :wub: I liked it when he kept coming out the tunnel at the final whistle lol

We always do that when we win, he used to do it as a player

Archived