Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Burton Albion - Pre-Match Waffle

I'd do completely the opposite.

Play the fringe players and rest the first team.

We ought to win the game anyway and we don't want injuries.

I just don't agree. I agree we'll win with fringe players, but then we'll probably just leave all those form players out for Blackpool, just like Sven did last year when Schlupp got a hat trick. I'd rather Vardy or Nuge get a hat trick and then be fully confident for Blackpool, than Waghorn or Schlupp get one. Or the first choice back line keep a clean sheet and build their confidence etc...

Yes we would avoid injuries playing fringe players, but we would miss a massive chance to get a winning feeling into our first choice 11 IMO.

Kasper

RDL

Moore

SSL

Kennedy

Danns

James

Waghorn

Gallagher

Knockaert

Schlupp

EDIT: On second thoughts, I'd like to give Beckford a go, seeing as I wouldn't play him at all in the bigger games, so...

Kasper

RDL

Moore

SSL

Kennedy

Danns

James

Waghorn

Gallagher

Schlupp

Beckford

I just don't agree. I agree we'll win with fringe players, but then we'll probably just leave all those form players out for Blackpool, just like Sven did last year when Schlupp got a hat trick. I'd rather Vardy or Nuge get a hat trick and then be fully confident for Blackpool, than Waghorn or Schlupp get one. Or The first choice back line to keep a clean sheet and build their confidence etc...

Yes we would avoid injuries playing fringe players, but we would miss a massive chance to get a winning feeling into our first choice 11 IMO.

We got a winning feeling into the players after Sunderland and Peterborough mate, then lost the next two.

I'd be sensible about it. Rather than looking at some made up psychology, look at giving some of the first teamers a rest and letting some of the other players in the squad have a run out.

If we play the likes of Vardy and Ben and they do get injured in a game where Beckford and Gally should be able to provide us with a win, it would be daft at this stage of the season.

No need to take the risk.

I expect us to beat Blackpool anyway, but with a fit first team.

I would go full strength for this game. We should try and use it to test our new first choice back line, and to concentrate on our finishing and score a few goals. Scoring goals and winning games becomes a habit. If we have the chance to do that against these before the Blackpool game then we would be fools to make a load of changes IMO.

What's the use of playing a load of fringe players, if those players wont play against Blackpool even if they do well? I know some will say to rest players and avoid injury, but I would rather risk injury and try and get the full strength side carrying some winning momentum into the Blackpool game.

I'm not saying don't make any changes from the Blackburn starting line up, I'm just saying play a full strength side.

Here is what I would like to see:

Kasper

De laet

Morgan

Whitbread (or SSL if not fit and he is)

Konch

Marshall

Drinkwater

King

Knockaert

Vardy

Nugent

Subs: Logan, SSL/Moore, Dyer/Gallagher, Danns, Schlupp, Beckford, Futacs

This is the sort of game that we give the people who haven't been/won't be playing much a game. Should win, and when you have a big squad then you need to rotate when you can. It also cuts down on injuries and fatigue.

We got a winning feeling into the players after Sunderland and Peterborough mate, then lost the next two.

I'd be sensible about it. Rather than looking at some made up psychology, look at giving some of the first teamers a rest and letting some of the other players in the squad have a run out.

If we play the likes of Vardy and Ben and they do get injured in a game where Beckford and Gally should be able to provide us with a win, it would be daft at this stage of the season.

No need to take the risk.

I expect us to beat Blackpool anyway, but with a fit first team.

That's your opinion, mine is opposite, so we'll just agree to disagree. :thumbup:

Kaspar

St Ledger

Whitbread

Morgan

Konch

Dyer

King

James

Knockaert

Vardy

Nugent

Subs: Logan, Futacs, Beckford, Danns, De Laet, Waghorn and Schlupp

I think Burton are in for a battering cos they lost the last 2 games and had loads of chances and will want to get there anger out

Plus if we've beaten Torquay then we should beat the same league side by 4 or more goals again. :)

I would consider playing some fringe players, but I think it's very important to beat Burton having been defeated by Charlton and Blackburn. Therefore I think it's important to keep a fairly strong team, to build certain relationships between players in certain positions, such as up front.

Hopefully it will be something like this;

Kasper ©

RDL (Only option) - Taft - St. Ledger - Kennedy

Gallagher - James - Danns - Knockeart

Waghorn - Schlupp

A team like that should be strong enough to see off Burton. 2-0. 8,000/9,000.

I'd put Schlupp at left back first half and Start Futacs up front with Beckford. Half time, bring Kennedy on and put Schlupp up front with Waghorn

I'd put Schlupp at left back first half and Start Futacs up front with Beckford. Half time, bring Kennedy on and put Schlupp up front with Waghorn

That sounds constructive although I'd be more inclined to leave Schlupp at left back. He's not going to be one of our top choice strikers this season but may be an important option at left-back and the more experience he gets playing there the better.

Archived