Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Burton Albion - Pre-Match Waffle

I think I'd probably go full strength. If we can create a shedload away to the likes of Charlton and Blackburn, we can do so against Burton with home advantage. I'd expect us to score goals and our forwards should benefit from the confidence that brings. I'm not too worried about resting players ahead of the Blackpool game. It's August; the players should be fit enough to cope.

Despite the fact that they failed to make an effective pairing for much of last season, I would start Beckford and Nugent to try and get them amongst the goals. I would perhaps start Danns and knockaert as well to give them a chance to shine from the start. As strong as possible is usually the way to go if your not a Premier League team but I think a couple of changes wouldn't hurt and shouldn't significantly weaken the side.

Schmeichel

De Laet Morgan Moore Konchesky

Knockaert Danns James Dyer

Nugent Beckford

Resting Marshall, Drinkwater, Vardy and King for Blackpool.

After spending loads on Charlton and Blackburn away and being disappointed that we didn't come out with the win I've decided to give this one a miss.

Kasper

De Laet

Morgan

Moore

Koncheskey

Danns

King

Drinkwater

Knockaert

Vardy/Nugent/Beckford

Marshall

It's unreal how little I want this pointless game, want us to get back to the league with a vengeance asap and get some points on the board.

Logan

*2 reserve defenders, play Whitbread and St Ledger for 45 minutes to get them fit for Saturday*

Midfield and strikers - whoever isn't going to start Saturday.

I would go full strength for this game. We should try and use it to test our new first choice back line, and to concentrate on our finishing and score a few goals. Scoring goals and winning games becomes a habit. If we have the chance to do that against these before the Blackpool game then we would be fools to make a load of changes IMO.

What's the use of playing a load of fringe players, if those players wont play against Blackpool even if they do well? I know some will say to rest players and avoid injury, but I would rather risk injury and try and get the full strength side carrying some winning momentum into the Blackpool game.

I'm not saying don't make any changes from the Blackburn starting line up, I'm just saying play a full strength side.

Here is what I would like to see:

Kasper

De laet

Morgan

Whitbread (or SSL if not fit and he is)

Konch

Marshall

Drinkwater

King

Knockaert

Vardy

Nugent

Subs: Logan, SSL/Moore, Dyer/Gallagher, Danns, Schlupp, Beckford, Futacs

I would go full strength for this game. We should try and use it to test our new first choice back line, and to concentrate on our finishing and score a few goals. Scoring goals and winning games becomes a habit. If we have the chance to do that against these before the Blackpool game then we would be fools to make a load of changes IMO.

What's the use of playing a load of fringe players, if those players wont play against Blackpool even if they do well? I know some will say to rest players and avoid injury, but I would rather risk injury and try and get the full strength side carrying some winning momentum into the Blackpool game.

I'm not saying don't make any changes from the Blackburn starting line up, I'm just saying play a full strength side.

Here is what I would like to see:

Kasper

De laet

Morgan

Whitbread (or SSL if not fit and he is)

Konch

Marshall

Drinkwater

King

Knockaert

Vardy

Nugent

Subs: Logan, SSL/Moore, Dyer/Gallagher, Danns, Schlupp, Beckford, Futacs

I'd do completely the opposite.

Play the fringe players and rest the first team.

We ought to win the game anyway and we don't want injuries.

Archived