Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Burton Albion - Pre-Match Waffle

Kasper

Moore

St. Ledger

Morgan

Konchesky (Or Kennedy if he's fit)

Knockaert

Danns

James

Dyer

Beckford

Waghorn

Logan, Marshall, Schlupp, King, Drinkwater, Futacs, Whitbread

We should be looking to build positions, and build chemistry in certain positions, especially in a game we could win. That's why I'd keep Vardy and Nugent up front, for example. Players 'rested'!? We've only played four games.

We should be looking to build positions, and build chemistry in certain positions, especially in a game we could win. That's why I'd keep Vardy and Nugent up front, for example. Players 'rested'!? We've only played four games.

I'd rather have them fresh for Blackpool and besides it's good to give some of the squad players match time.

Logan

SSL Morgan Whitbread Schlupp

Knockaert Danns James Dyer

Beckford Futacs

Subs

Schmiechel Kennedy Waghorn De Laet King Gallagher Nugent (Drinkwater, Vardy, Konchesky, Marshall rested, Moore injured)

Why rest Schmiechel after only 3 games!?

I'd put Schlupp at left back first half and Start Futacs up front with Beckford. Half time, bring Kennedy on and put Schlupp up front with Waghorn

I`d rather we send Schlupp out on loan (as a striker!) than play him at left back, and i suspect that he would rather do that too.

He is not a left back.

For gods sake, are we so strapped for cash, that we can`t actually go out and bring in an experienced left back, as cover, or in place of Konchesky, if they deem that Kennedy is not good enough!

I`d rather we send Schlupp out on loan (as a striker!) than play him at left back, and i suspect that he would rather do that too.

He is not a left back.

For gods sake, are we so strapped for cash, that we can`t actually go out and bring in an experienced left back, as cover, or in place of Konchesky, if they deem that Kennedy is not good enough!

Is that comment from actually seeing him play at left-back? I wouldn't want to compare the two as footballers but Mattock started as a left winger before being moves to number three and I see no reason Schlupp shouldn't do the same.

He's got all the attributes of a left-back...pace, the ability to tackle on his feet, decent passing skills, strength and the ability to think.

Whatever he'd prefer I'm quite sure he'd sooner be playing and challenging for a first team place than facing the relatively hopeless task of displacing established and probably significantly better paid seniors like Nugent, Vardy and Beckford.

Part of the upbringing for Academy players is to learn the basics of other positions so they are versatile, adaptable and can perhaps carve a career in a different direction to the one the might prefer.

You talk about his being "a striker" and there's no doubt he can finish a move but, for whatever reason, I don't think he's particularly shone in the nearest he's had to a striking role in the first team and actually thought he looked more promising in central midfield with his close control, pace off the mark and ability to see a pass and turn opponents.

Unfortunately for him, with King, Drinkwater and perhaps others ahead of him, the left-back place looks the only one immediately up for grabs and even that's assuming Konchesky doesn't improve on his Blackburn performance and respond with the kind of energy and consistency that has been his halmark here.

Didnt they beat sheff u in the last round? Dont think theyll be a pushover.

....................Schmichael.....................

De Laet St Ledger Morgan Konchesky

..Knockaert James Danns Marshall..

...............Beckford Nugent.................

Logan, Whitbread, King, Vardy, Futacs, Drinkwater, Dyer.

He is not a left back.

Schlupp has played at left back a few times and played well, he played there in one of the pre-season games, he can also play left wing, he's not just a striker. He'll be a valuable squad member if we pick up a lot of injuries and suspensions. If any young strikers go out on loan it should be Hopper & Panayiotou

Looking at who is fit to play now I would go with...

Schmeichel

De Laet

Morgan

St Ledger

Konchesky

Knockaert

Danns

King

Dyer

Nugent

Schlupp

Bench - Logan, Whitbread, Kennedy, James, Gallagher, Futacs, Beckford

Schlupp has played at left back a few times and played well, he played there in one of the pre-season games, he can also play left wing, he's not just a striker. He'll be a valuable squad member if we pick up a lot of injuries and suspensions. If any young strikers go out on loan it should be Hopper & Panayiotou

If Schlupp is being considered second choice left back ahead of Kennedy (or is he injured) and is currently the only defensive cover we have on the bench it would make a lot of sense to start him tonight, don't want to be throwing him in at the deep end if something happens to Konch or one of our back four (I know SSL and Whitbread are now supposed to be fit, but they will need games).

It would also make sense to rest old man Konchesky, I know he has an engine on him, but he is getting on and has played all 4 games in the last 2 weeks, can't harm, and maybe he will play better against Blackpool.

Would give SSL and Whitbread a half each, they are in theory fighting out to partner Morgan, start Knocky ahead of Dyer, the only other changes I would make would be due to niggles.

Don't see any point in tinkering with the formation either.

So barring knocks and injuries:

Kasper

RDL Morgan SSL/Whitbread Schlupp

Marshall DD King Knocky

Nugent Vardy

Bring on Futacs at some point too

Archived