Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Martyn Waghorn

No tin hats needed today, hit them on target, straight at Logan but definite progress there!

Thank god for that! I'm pleased his run in the side has had a positive effect on his pre-match routine. I was getting a bit worried!

Awesome today as he was against forest

And Bolton.

And good in the games before that.

As predicted, a bit of game time and we'd see the old waggy, goalscorer Waggy. But I was wrong. We've got a new Waggy, one who isn't tasked with scoring the goals but setting them up. He managed 2 assists and a goal of his own today - excellent. He's a Second Striker with a canny ability to hold the ball up and a top workrate. The goal was a bonus, and if he can hit the net more regularly from hereon in, I wouldn't trade him for the world. :thumbup:

I like the new Waggy, and he thoroughly deserves his place in the team. :scarf:

Was delighted for him when he scored. Fully deserved after his last few performances. When he hit the post i thought what the hell does the poor lad have to do to get a goal. Anyway i reckon he'll really kick on now after that and we'll start to see the Waghorn of the playoff season. Im i right in thinking his contract is up at the end of the season? If so we need to be looking at extending it.

Why delete the comments and put me down for -200 rep pts.

Me and Mark were having our banter night, and it was going well until someone spoilt it, probably you Babylon ;)

-199, thought I'd help you out.

Made up for the lad, because I love his work rate and passion and he does feel more like a true Leicester player makes up for any lack in talent with energy and commitment.

It is good he got a goal and hopefully it will give him the confidence to push on from here and score more. I can truly support a player like waghorn more than a Beckford or even a Nugent, it is these kind of players I can relate, fighting for any and every opportunity because they want nothing more than to be a successful footballer.

If only he had a full second season, starting a reasonable number of games in order for people to make a judgement. Although it obviously hasn't stopped you.

Last three games have proved me wrong. Looks like he is back to his best but time will tell. Very pleased to say that I am looking like i was wrong.

Last three games have proved me wrong. Looks like he is back to his best but time will tell. Very pleased to say that I am looking like i was wrong.

You're not the only one who was wrong. I was a bit on the fence with Waghorn before the Birmigham game. I wanted so badly for it to come good for him but that miss during that game turned me. I lost my patience with him. I was near the front, right behind the goal and couldn't help the phrase slipping out, I screamed at the top of my voice "You f**king usless fat geordie w**ker!" I swear he heard me!

I think it was the fact that I called him a geordie that upset him more as he is of course a mackem, but he definitely heard me and decided to up his game from that moment. Waghorn in the last few games has been the Waghorn of old. Its not just his goals that had dried up but his all round play was just not up to scratch. He's been brilliant in the last 3 and I was made up for him for his goal, great finish too, which incidentially proves my other theory on him wrong too, he doesn't just put his foot through it and hope for the best. If it wasn't for a great save from Camp against Forest and the width of the post earlier in the Ipswich game it would have happened sooner, and I'm sure I wasn't alone in thinking it wasn't going to happen for him.

So happy for him and loved the celebration which also shows the team spirit in the camp.

I'll claim it was my words of wisdom during the Brum match that have helped Waghorn turn a corner and I just hope that he does kick on from here

I expect a call from Top or Nige in the next few days just to be employed as an inspirational leader of men and give the team talk before each game :thumbup:

Same as with the Dyer thread... Don't jump after one or two games. Waghorn is an all effort lad, strong and holds the ball up well. However, his finishing can be suspect. He's not 'great' all of a sudden because he's having a good run. Just watch him week-in, week-out and then make a reasoned judgement over the longer term.

Mine is that he'll score some, but maybe not enough. I'm more than happy to be proven wrong. This doesn't mean I 'hate' the lad, I absolutely don't. Just that my overall view on him won't change overnight.

Same as with the Dyer thread... Don't jump after one or two games. Waghorn is an all effort lad, strong and holds the ball up well. However, his finishing can be suspect. He's not 'great' all of a sudden because he's having a good run. Just watch him week-in, week-out and then make a reasoned judgement over the longer term.

Mine is that he'll score some, but maybe not enough. I'm more than happy to be proven wrong. This doesn't mean I 'hate' the lad, I absolutely don't. Just that my overall view on him won't change overnight.

The only difference for me is everyone knows what you get with Dyer ..... When he's on form he's a premier league player .... when he's off he's distinctly average .... NP said it himself that his form fluctuates but his effort doesn't. This is exactly the same for Waghorn - but maybe we didn't realise he had such swings in form??

It's not quite the same as the Dyer thread, I jumped on Waghorn after more than one or two shit games.

But it's nice to see him hitting some form, same as Futacs, people said he was shit yet he scored on his debut, scored at the weekend now just got an assist for the Under 21's.

The only difference for me is everyone knows what you get with Dyer ..... When he's on form he's a premier league player .... when he's off he's distinctly average .... NP said it himself that his form fluctuates but his effort doesn't. This is exactly the same for Waghorn - but maybe we didn't realise he had such swings in form??

That probably covers all of the squad really. The key to our success will be with NP in managing the dips in form across the team so it doesn't all go to sh*t at the same time like it did in the Palace game.

That probably covers all of the squad really. The key to our success will be with NP in managing the dips in form across the team so it doesn't all go to sh*t at the same time like it did in the Palace game.

Exactly .... which is why I'd like him to have more options to make that management easier - he doesn't have enough depth to the squad to at the minute, for me.

Just thought I'd point out you only take the sane approach when a player you dislike is doing well. When they're playing poorly you're happy to stick the boot in. Didn't want that fact to go unnoticed. :thumbup:

He did play poorly for the best part of 2 years .... He's had 3 good games so far and scored one goal - let's not get too excited!

Archived