Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Martyn Waghorn

He needs a loan spell. Think he's been a victim of the timing of everything ridiculous that happens at this club. Had we kept Pearson originally and given him the Thai money there's no doubt he'd have looked to get Waghorn permanently. We all wanted it at the time because he was that good on loan, let's not forget that.

Unfortunately when he was brought in he was playing for Sousa who stuck him on the wing. Then when Sven came he had a bit of a chance which he didn't take and, as with many other players here before Sven, was left to rot whilst we brought in loanee after loanee. Had Sven sent him anywhere other than Hull then he'd of played a Championship season, because we then brought Pearson back from Hull he didn't get that so has now been rotting for nigh on two seasons.

I agree with others that his physique has changed, and to his detriment. But we should have experts at the club that are able to help him with this and get him that agility back.

Now I think it's best that he leaves. But only on loan (albeit a season-long one) because I still have faith that with the right work, the time (which we can't afford him) and the confidence he'll get from playing he could still be an asset of sorts. Even if that is an asset that allows us to command a fee higher than the one we'd currently get given the state he's in. Such a shame though because his attitude was always spot on and he really has been unfortunate with the comings and goings at the club.

People are deluding themselves if they think Mandy splashed £3m on Waghorn the money I would hazard a guess was the Thais as a marquee signing lol to get the fans onside

Nope, Mandaric used 3 million pounds worth of Thai Baht to please the fans. Not his own money and not a decision made solely by Thai people, a decision made mostly by Mandaric. That same person who said Sousa wouldnt be sacked and 2 days later sacked him

Nope, Mandaric used 3 million pounds worth of Thai Baht to please the fans. Not his own money and not a decision made by Thai people, a decision made by Mandaric. That same person who said Sousa wouldnt be sacked and 2 days later sacked him

So you think Mandy used the Thais money without their permission? that is the most lol I have heard.

Why on earth is anyone focussing on Waghorn tonight?

What about Kasper, DeLaet, Whitbread, Danns.....

Pearson....

Etc.....

Tis scapegoating is what it is.....

:thumbup:

I think it's more disappointment Col. Many saw his inaugural season and were impressed (not me I hasten to add), he then returns to considerable fan fare, for a considerable fee at the beginning of what we are promised is a brave new world. 2 years and 5 goals later people feel like they've been sold a lemon. It doesn't hurt so much when you buy a player who you've had reservations about, but when you sign someone who you feel simply has to succeed and then nothing, nada, zip, zilch from them for 2 years it begins to hurt. You blame previous managers, the formation, lack of confidence, injuries, physique because this lad is gold, you know he is, you saw it with your own eyes but one day you sit there and that horrible feeling grows that maybe you were wrong and rather than be angry with yourself you become angry with him, he's done this to you, so much so that you ignore all those other players to whom you have no real affection and focus on the bright new dawn who has failed to rise, a player who in so many ways reflects our stagnation.

So you think Mandy used the Thais money without their permission? that is the most lol I have heard.

Whilst what I said would imply that, I misphrased it. Not a decision taken solely by Thai people.

I imagine the conversation went along the lines of Mandaric suggesting that fans really like Waghorn, we should sign him at whatever cost to make them happy. The thai people, having only been in football for a month at the time said, ' this guys been in football a long time, it will obviously be good for us' and so paid 2 million to Sunderland up front.

I like Waghorn. At times he can be a real good player. You can't expect him to be good in one game. Play in upfront a couple of games in a row and he will start scoring. The season on loan he was played often and was a hit. Give him game time

He needs a loan spell. Think he's been a victim of the timing of everything ridiculous that happens at this club. Had we kept Pearson originally and given him the Thai money there's no doubt he'd have looked to get Waghorn permanently. We all wanted it at the time because he was that good on loan, let's not forget that.

Unfortunately when he was brought in he was playing for Sousa who stuck him on the wing. Then when Sven came he had a bit of a chance which he didn't take and, as with many other players here before Sven, was left to rot whilst we brought in loanee after loanee. Had Sven sent him anywhere other than Hull then he'd of played a Championship season, because we then brought Pearson back from Hull he didn't get that so has now been rotting for nigh on two seasons.

I agree with others that his physique has changed, and to his detriment. But we should have experts at the club that are able to help him with this and get him that agility back.

Now I think it's best that he leaves. But only on loan (albeit a season-long one) because I still have faith that with the right work, the time (which we can't afford him) and the confidence he'll get from playing he could still be an asset of sorts. Even if that is an asset that allows us to command a fee higher than the one we'd currently get given the state he's in. Such a shame though because his attitude was always spot on and he really has been unfortunate with the comings and goings at the club.

This entirely. The club he came back to was different from the club was on loan to. Different levels of pressure - and so much disruption. This is why the club needs to stick with a manager for a good two seasons - otherwise we'll see no progression.

Why on earth is anyone focussing on Waghorn tonight?

What about Kasper, DeLaet, Whitbread, Danns.....

Pearson....

Etc.....

Tis scapegoating is what it is.....

:thumbup:

Im focusing on Waghorn Col, because enough is enough, he has been shit for some time now and it's time for him to go.

I like Waghorn. At times he can be a real good player. You can't expect him to be good in one game. Play in upfront a couple of games in a row and he will start scoring. The season on loan he was played often and was a hit. Give him game time

He has been given enough time, he has had about three years of time, a period of being injured but still, he will not make another breakthrough at Leicester, tonight has hit the nail right in his coffin, if Pearson forgives him after this performance then they must be having sexual sessions with each other.

yes, times gone by. Sorry, flash in the pan. Second season is what makes a player. Waggy is a good league 1 player but nothing more.

He just needs time the poor lad .....

Take into consideration how much of his training time he must spend getting the ball from 2 pitches away after shooting ... he is maturing at a slower rate than most footballers as he spends less time on the actual pitch.

I wonder if, as he is about to shoot in training, other players say "I'll go" like they do on a sunday???

I just don't get it.

Does he not practice his shooting? Because if he does, surely it'd show some signs of getting slightly better? Like anywhere near the fúcking goal. If he doesn't practice his shooting in every hour he's awake he should be sold.

And if he practices his shooting a lot and it is still that horrendously, hideously bad he should be taken aside by Pearson/a member of the coaching staff and have it gently broken to him that he should start looking for a new career.

I just don't get it.

Does he not practice his shooting? Because if he does, surely it'd show some signs of getting slightly better? Like anywhere near the fúcking goal. If he doesn't practice his shooting in every hour he's awake he should be sold.

And if he practices his shooting a lot and it is still that horrendously, hideously bad he should be taken aside by Pearson/a member of the coaching staff and have it gently broken to him that he should start looking for a new career.

In all fairness, first half 3 or 4 of his shots were on target, making the keeper make a cracking save. To my recollection, he only hit one of the bar in the second half, and then persisted to not do much else.

I actually think he did ok last night, certainly in the first half.

He dropped deep and linked up well with the midfield (which is something we've lacked for a while), his work rate was excellent and he tested the keeper several times.

I'd sooner seen Schlupp go out on loan than Waghorn leave.

Generally a scapegoat on here so well done for picking on Waggy just a few games in. His 1st appearance and this is what he gets!!

Yes he was bang average but so were most of the others too. People have short memories

Please tell me the last time Waggy played really well and you thought 'he's the striker that can lead our attack'? It's not being a scapegoat, it a matter of fact that he is very average and nowhere near worth the £3mil we paid for him. We'd be lucky to get £300000 for him.

Please tell me the last time Waggy played really well and you thought 'he's the striker that can lead our attack'? It's not being a scapegoat, it a matter of fact that he is very average and nowhere near worth the £3mil we paid for him. We'd be lucky to get £300000 for him.

He was never worth 3m anyway in fairness but maybe just needs a loan spell in league 1 where he can play regular and score some goals then come back to us full of confidence

Archived