Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Charl91

Kasper not on form?

I've lost my confidence in Kasper.

This isn't really a knee-jerk reaction, to me this has been something that I have thought for a while, so bear (rawr) with me. Kasper had an amazing first half of the season with us; our best player in the first 6 months or so by a country mile. He kept us in so many games, and played so well to the extent that I thought he may go on to be a world class goal keeper and that we would struggle to keep him. When my Leeds supporting relatives told me he wasn't particularly great, I thought "what the hell are you smoking"?

However, for me his worst game was the Chelsea game (though that shouldn't be surprising), where even though we were dominated by a vastly superior team, he made mistakes that normally he would have controlled without much issue. Since that game, Kasper hasn't looked nearly as composed as he did in his first half, and quite often missed shots that I thought he normally would have got to. His second half of the season was not nearly as great as his first.

I didn't see todays game, but 5 shots on goal with one save doesn't sound great. However, I didn't see today's game, so I wont pass comment on it - for all I know they all could have been unstoppable shots - if anyone who was at the game can tell me how he performed, it would be appreciated. What worries me is that while he used to be a rock in goal, he hasn't particularly inspired me with confidence for a significant amount of time now. So my question is - which is the real Kasper? Is he just having a bad run of form, or are the Leeds fans right, and is he not as great as we first thought and managed a blinder for the start of the season? Maybe it's a combination of both, or maybe I'm crazy and just imagined the whole thing?

To balance the negativity of my post, here is a cute picture of a mini-pig.

piggy_450x330.jpg

its the same feeling I've had recently, can't help but think last season he would of saved BWP & Pedersen's goals

Those 2 goals were tucked in the corner, BWP's went through Moore, and he stood no chance with MGP's, likewise Gomes' shot was right in the corner, he did make a great save against Charlton from a free kick, not seen today's goals but wasn't one a penalty and one was an unstoppable screamer.

He has not been as good as he was at the start of last season, and seems to make more mistakes and less wonder saves, but when he has very little to do in most games, it is difficult for keepers to stay sharp, BWP, Gomes and MGP all scored after a period of Leicester domination with Schmeichel a spectator.

What was the corner about near the end? What is the point in him arguing with Danns what do we gain with him going up delaying the corner and losing a defender going forward to replace him? Sounded a bit petty

Maybe a dip in form......the same as all players have & all goalkeepers have.

I would rather have him in goal than recent keepers we've had & over many of the other keepers around in the championship

Maybe, but it seems a very long dip in form.

When does a dip in form, stop being a dip and become their actual form? (If that makes sense)

All players go through highs and lows of form but Kasper is a quality keeper, perhaps due to his excellent spell of form last season people got carried away. I don't think pedersons goal was savable, it was curled and went in off the post. He saved a one on one late in the blackburn game but it was unimportant.

Right so correct he had a bad game against Chelsea, no doubting that. Today he has had 5 shots and saved 1 but of the goals he's let in only 1 can be out down to him and even that was a wonderstrike.

BWP's goal was an excellent goal, a shot across a goalkeeper into the corner is difficult to save, a finish that we nedd from our strikers sometime soon. Pedersons shot was a good curling effort, fairly low into a corner, again difficult. But against Charlton he made a couple of good saves, one top corner from a free kick and his save at the end against Blackburn was a good save from somebody fighting for the cause.

People who have lost faith in Kasper clearly do not understand goalkeeping, maybe some expect them to have super powers.

What was the corner about near the end? What is the point in him arguing with Danns what do we gain with him going up delaying the corner and losing a defender going forward to replace him? Sounded a bit petty

I think youll find he wanted to go up, didnt get the permission so urged Danns to push further up rather than marking thin air.

Right so correct he had a bad game against Chelsea, no doubting that. Today he has had 5 shots and saved 1 but of the goals he's let in only 1 can be out down to him and even that was a wonderstrike.

BWP's goal was an excellent goal, a shot across a goalkeeper into the corner is difficult to save, a finish that we nedd from our strikers sometime soon. Pedersons shot was a good curling effort, fairly low into a corner, again difficult. But against Charlton he made a couple of good saves, one top corner from a free kick and his save at the end against Blackburn was a good save from somebody fighting for the cause.

People who have lost faith in Kasper clearly do not understand goalkeeping, maybe some expect them to have super powers.

It's not just these games though - it was a prolonged period at the end of last season.

All players go through highs and lows of form but Kasper is a quality keeper, perhaps due to his excellent spell of form last season people got carried away. I don't think pedersons goal was savable, it was curled and went in off the post. He saved a one on one late in the blackburn game but it was unimportant.

Also i have seen a small improvement in his dealing with aerial threats so far this season. Something that was a weakness last season. I think we are just unlucky that our opponents have finished with quality when given few chances.

Maybe, but it seems a very long dip in form.

When does a dip in form, stop being a dip and become their actual form? (If that makes sense)

makes perfect sense & I know what you are saying.

I do like him & think he is of above average quality. The defence is leaking a lot of goals & the lack of confidence is throughout.........not just with Kasper

I've lost my confidence in Kasper.

This isn't really a knee-jerk reaction, to me this has been something that I have thought for a while, so bear (rawr) with me. Kasper had an amazing first half of the season with us; our best player in the first 6 months or so by a country mile. He kept us in so many games, and played so well to the extent that I thought he may go on to be a world class goal keeper and that we would struggle to keep him. When my Leeds supporting relatives told me he wasn't particularly great, I thought "what the hell are you smoking"?

However, for me his worst game was the Chelsea game (though that shouldn't be surprising), where even though we were dominated by a vastly superior team, he made mistakes that normally he would have controlled without much issue. Since that game, Kasper hasn't looked nearly as composed as he did in his first half, and quite often missed shots that I thought he normally would have got to. His second half of the season was not nearly as great as his first.

I didn't see todays game, but 5 shots on goal with one save doesn't sound great. However, I didn't see today's game, so I wont pass comment on it - for all I know they all could have been unstoppable shots - if anyone who was at the game can tell me how he performed, it would be appreciated. What worries me is that while he used to be a rock in goal, he hasn't particularly inspired me with confidence for a significant amount of time now. So my question is - which is the real Kasper? Is he just having a bad run of form, or are the Leeds fans right, and is he not as great as we first thought and managed a blinder for the start of the season? Maybe it's a combination of both, or maybe I'm crazy and just imagined the whole thing?

To balance the negativity of my post, here is a cute picture of a mini-pig.

piggy_450x330.jpg

First goal, huge deflection - not much he could do. Second goal, sorry - but Whitbread has to clear that. First rule of a centre back - don't let it bounce; row Z it if needs be. Third goal, looked like their lad hand balled it. From 12 yards out - advantage penalty taker I'm afraid. And he 4th? Have you seen how much the ball swerves left to right? Kasper was not to blame tonight - you'll have to look elsewhere for a scapegoat. Mr Dann's is looking good for that crown.

Archived