Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Charl91

Kasper not on form?

Kasper is overrated by our fans.

I have never rated him as highly as other fans on here, and my confidence in him is low. To be beaten by a shot from 30/35 yards is ridiculous, and I still feel he could have got something on Charlton's first and Blackburn's second.

Watching Leicester over time, I can see why Leeds fans don't rate him, and why he was sold for a million.

If we are creating a negative thread about Kasper, this entire forum needs shooting!!!!!

Laughable springs to mind!!! Man Utd spent god knows how much on De Gea and he cant catch a cold plus LOTS of keepers in the Prem making mistakes, it happens!!

This is our player of the season!

I personally think you are all on crack. Nothing he could do about any of the league goals this season and made some top saves against posh and charlton. Stop moaning about everything. How you are managing to moan about our BEST player I will never understand. I bet your shitter at your job.... Well probably studies as your acting like a child and clearly retarded

hmmmm

Another 'someone aint good enough' thread.

Kasper is a good keeper.

Look at why the team is conceding goals, rather than focussing on one player.

Who's next? Is DeLaet gonna go the same way as Peltier. or Morgan the same way as Mills/Bamba? Or Kasper the same way as Weale?

Defending is a team game... same as attacking.

I think Kasper suffers from the same problem as Konch - their positions are completely safe and we have no quality competition to push them. Both very good players, both guranteed a place even if their form is poor.

Kasper is overrated by our fans.

I have never rated him as highly as other fans on here, and my confidence in him is low. To be beaten by a shot from 30/35 yards is ridiculous, and I still feel he could have got something on Charlton's first and Blackburn's second.

Watching Leicester over time, I can see why Leeds fans don't rate him, and why he was sold for a million.

Clearly you expect too much from goalkeepers if you expect him to save them, the Pederson one curled round him into the corner, nicking the post and the BWP one was across him into the corner (always more difficult) through legs so he wouldnt see it til late.

People are making Kasper mistakes up to back up an argument that isn't there.

Mike Stowell ruined him :ph34r:

No need for the emoticon in my opinion. I feel that Stowell could be the issue. Chris Weale started off excellently for us (calls or Prem clubs and future England call-ups), but after a few seasons of being Stowelled, ends up at Yeovil.

No need for the emoticon in my opinion. I feel that Stowell could be the issue. Chris Weale started off excellently for us (calls or Prem clubs and future England call-ups), but after a few seasons of being Stowelled, ends up at Yeovil.

Chris Weale was always a lower league goalkeeper. Hence he never played at Bristol City. He had a good few months with us and that was it. I didn't rate him at the time either (ask any member on here, I used to have frequent arguments about Weale with Lou). In the end, I was proved correct.

Clearly you expect too much from goalkeepers if you expect him to save them, the Pederson one curled round him into the corner, nicking the post and the BWP one was across him into the corner (always more difficult) through legs so he wouldnt see it til late.

People are making Kasper mistakes up to back up an argument that isn't there.

Last season I said I wasn't to impressed with him, and that got into a debate. From there I can back it up; Doncaster away and Birmingham away for example. He should be saving shots from 30/35 yards as well. I do expect a lot from him, he is Leicester City's number one goalkeeper. Sometimes I feel he doesn't spread his arms enough, and his kicking is aweful.

Having said this, we cannot get a goalkeeper who is equal/better than him for a million.

He is a good keeper. Almost certainly the best we've had for some years now and clearly a goal keeper with potential. It's a frustrating time for all the players so mistakes are going to happen. He has been on form at times when the rest of the team weren't so im not sure there is a major problem.

I do take the point that there could be more competition for the GK position, but i feel its his rash nature that gets the better of him sometimes, particularly when the team is struggling. That kind of blip happens to the best of 'em from time to time.

I dont think he is the problem here. It's the confidence of the forward players in converting chances. If we stuck away one or two more of the goals we did in the last couple of games, I'm sure we wouldn't be questioning Kasper.

Chris Weale was always a lower league goalkeeper. Hence he never played at Bristol City. He had a good few months with us and that was it. I didn't rate him at the time either (ask any member on here, I used to have frequent arguments about Weale with Lou). In the end, I was proved correct.

Last season I said I wasn't to impressed with him, and that got into a debate. From there I can back it up; Doncaster away and Birmingham away for example. He should be saving shots from 30/35 yards as well. I do expect a lot from him, he is Leicester City's number one goalkeeper. Sometimes I feel he doesn't spread his arms enough, and his kicking is aweful.

Having said this, we cannot get a goalkeeper who is equal/better than him for a million.

Think you're being overly harsh maybe. What could he have saved at Doncaster away? From what I remember it was a point blank header and a wondergoal that went into the far corner and that was from about 8 yards! Birmingham away he was beaten by a penalty and was rounded by the player when we were down to 10 men in the last few minutes in a one on one situation. Also I think spreading his arms is what he does best. He spreads himself very well and smothers a lot of chances.

Maybe he could have done better with the 4th yesterday but it was swerving a ridiculous amount. I cant really remember him being beaten from that far out apart from yesterday. Also the 1st goal was a deflection, 2nd was awful defending but a cracking finish, 3rd was a great penalty which he dived the right way for. Also I'm not having that he should have saved Pedersens goal. I don't think any keeper would have saved that. It hit the post and went in, it couldn't have been any better placed!

He's saved us far more times than he's lost us games.

He's only been called up to the national team again for the qualifier against the Czechs... Olsen obviously doesn't care that a few Leicester supporters seem to think his form has dropped.

Think you're being overly harsh maybe. What could he have saved at Doncaster away? From what I remember it was a point blank header and a wondergoal that went into the far corner and that was from about 8 yards! Birmingham away he was beaten by a penalty and was rounded by the player when we were down to 10 men in the last few minutes in a one on one situation. Also I think spreading his arms is what he does best. He spreads himself very well and smothers a lot of chances.

Maybe he could have done better with the 4th yesterday but it was swerving a ridiculous amount. I cant really remember him being beaten from that far out apart from yesterday. Also the 1st goal was a deflection, 2nd was awful defending but a cracking finish, 3rd was a great penalty which he dived the right way for. Also I'm not having that he should have saved Pedersens goal. I don't think any keeper would have saved that. It hit the post and went in, it couldn't have been any better placed!

He's saved us far more times than he's lost us games.

Maybe so. The header went through his legs, and I wasn't referring to the goals at Birmingham, I meant his poor kick which led to Mills getting sent off. He should have got the fourth yesterday, regardless of swerve, the ball was hit from 30 yards. He probably has saved us more than he has lost, like most goalkeepers, I just think he is another player that is overrated by a lot of fans.

Maybe so. The header went through his legs, and I wasn't referring to the goals at Birmingham, I meant his poor kick which led to Mills getting sent off. He should have got the fourth yesterday, regardless of swerve, the ball was hit from 30 yards. He probably has saved us more than he has lost, like most goalkeepers, I just think he is another player that is overrated by a lot of fans.

It was indeed a dreadful kick but every single player on a football pitch does it every game, I don't think blame can be apportioned for Mills getting a red, he could have tackled the guy fairly.

I think its a sign of how good he is when fans are using a poor kick as an example for why they believe he's 'overrated'.

tumblr_m91vn8qMrQ1qd272n.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xFqGQHd-KI

Should the keeper have got to both of Gallagher's goals there - they were hit from far out after-all :rolleyes:

If it's struck as fucking well as their fourth was, the distance is immaterial - you aren't stopping it.

Should the keeper have got to both of Gallagher's goals there - they were hit from far out after-all :rolleyes:

If it's struck as ****ing well as their fourth was, the distance is immaterial - you aren't stopping it.

Even Kasper said post match he shot have stopped it.

Archived