Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Kennedy Departure Official

Our manager has been under severe pressure from the owners to ease the wage bill wherever possible - that's why the players we've brought in have been much lower down the financial scale than under Sven when he torched a lot.

I'm sure Kennedy was hardly on a king's ransom. If you wanted to shave more off of the wages bill Beckford was sitting in Huddersfield with paperwork signed and ready to go...

Anyway, makes no sense to me to leave yourself short and having to ask players to play out of their natural position when you had perfectly decent cover.

And when you see the player is out of work still it makes even less sense.

Time to move on anyway I guess, hey ho.

Just hope it does not come back to haunt us if we pick up a few knocks mid season.

I'm sure Kennedy was hardly on a king's ransom. If you wanted to shave more off of the wages bill Beckford was sitting in Huddersfield with paperwork signed and ready to go...

Anyway, makes no sense to me to leave yourself short and having to ask players to play out of their natural position when you had perfectly decent cover.

Time to move on anyway I guess, hey ho.

Just hope it does not come back to haunt us if we pick up a few knocks mid season.

But if that player wants regular first-team football what's the point of keeping him? Konchesky is clearly our best LB, although out of form currently, De Laet is able to play there, Schlupp seems comfortable if asked, so we do have cover.

If he really wanted game time though, then I can understand why he left. He knows he probably wont get many, if any games for us, and if he's on a free then lots of clubs might take a gamble on him.

It's not as if footballers are short of money, so he could probably survive a while without work if he had to.

If he really wanted game time though, then I can understand why he left. He knows he probably wont get many, if any games for us, and if he's on a free then lots of clubs might take a gamble on him.

It's not as if footballers are short of money, so he could probably survive a while without work if he had to.

I repeat... He is now WITHOUT a club.

Obviously wasn't good enough, but we haven't got much cover at left back and I don't rate Konchesky that much. I know De Laet can fill in at left full back, and so can Schlupp, but I still don't get the decision either unless Pearson is under lots of pressure to get rid of wages. Every little does help, but I bet Kennedy wasn't on that much.

Obviously wasn't good enough, but we haven't got much cover at left back and I don't rate Konchesky that much. I know De Laet can fill in at left full back, and so can Schlupp, but I still don't get the decision either unless Pearson is under lots of pressure to get rid of wages. Every little does help, but I bet Kennedy wasn't on that much.

And seeing as we sold Peltier for next to nothing who would play right back if De Laet was moved to left back?

Moore I suppose (which is a shame considering he looks good at centre half) with St Ledger/Whitbread coming in at centre back, or St Ledger moving to right back with Moore staying at centre back. Personally don't think St Ledger is a right back though.

And seeing as we sold Peltier for next to nothing who would play right back if De Laet was moved to left back?

How much did we get for Peltier? We've got Moore and St. Ledger as cover for right back.

I expect Kennedy wanted first team football, we didn't need him, and we let him go when the transfer window was about to close so he could find a new club. Maybe no clubs wanted to pay a transfer fee, but there could be a few clubs willing to sign him on a free.

SSL or Moore.

I don't see what is so hard to get, I think the only thing throwing you is that Kennedy is not behaving like a normal greedy money obsessed footballer and isn't happy to sit around not doing anything earning a good wage.

Contracts can only be ended with consent from both parties, our higher earners won't cancel or allow us to pay them off despite being surplus to requirements because they are greedy mercenaries, there is no point paying off a contract for more than the value of the wages on the time left for the contract to run, so it is only worth it if it stands to make a saving.

Nobody was interested in him in the transfer window, he was not going to get any game time as Schlupp is ahead of him in the pecking order, we gave him a lump sum, cleared up some wages, he is free to find another club.

A simple clean business transaction.

Guest BlueBrett

He was never likely to play, particularly given Schlupp's recent performances at LB. Makes perfect sense to me. How much 'cover' do some people think we need?!

He had left already.

Ahhh, thought it was after that. Stil, he clearly wasn't going to get a look in this season. Probably thought he'd chance his arm by leaving and looking for another club. I'd be very surprised if he hasn't had offers, I imagine his agent will be doing his utmost to sort out the best, most lucrative move for him - hes got plenty of time to weigh up his options before the free transfer window closes. I wouldn't rush into anything if I was him, I'd see what was available and take my time - clubs get injuries etc, he would be quite an attractive proposition on a free transfer I think.

To clarify that his preferred position is RB, he will play at CB if asked. I have never heard him say, or have seen any evidence of him playing as a left back.

Well Pearson and the Mercury both stated he can play in any position. www.google.com

I'm sure Kennedy was hardly on a king's ransom. If you wanted to shave more off of the wages bill Beckford was sitting in Huddersfield with paperwork signed and ready to go.

Because Pearson obviously believes those who fan fill in at left back, are better options than those who can fill in up front.

It does if they are good enough.

Why? You think he would have had his contract paid up for x percentage if he wasn't sure of offers?

Well most of the time the loan window is there if needed.

Ahhh, thought it was after that. Stil, he clearly wasn't going to get a look in this season. Probably thought he'd chance his arm by leaving and looking for another club. I'd be very surprised if he hasn't had offers, I imagine his agent will be doing his utmost to sort out the best, most lucrative move for him - hes got plenty of time to weigh up his options before the free transfer window closes. I wouldn't rush into anything if I was him, I'd see what was available and take my time - clubs get injuries etc, he would be quite an attractive proposition on a free transfer I think.

I'm pretty sure clubs can sign unattached players whenever they like. As far as I'm aware, the free transfer window is just for taking players for free off other clubs.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to Barnley

Sky Sports understands that Barnsley have finalised a deal for former Leicester full-back Tom Kennedy.

The 27-year-old became a free agent late last month after mutually agreeing to terminate his deal with the Foxes.

A number of clubs have been in talks with the former Rochdalespacer.gifman, but now he has agreed a deal with Barnsley.spacer.gif

Kennedy had been training with the Tykes and has now agreed terms with his former Dale manager Keith Hill - who is in charge at Oakwell.

Kennedy has been signed in time to be in contention for Saturday's clash with Birmingham City - which is live on Sky Sports.

Archived