Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Fire sale?

I know we're feeding off the good, bad and ugly on twitter and the web but offering Gallagher on a free, Beckford on loan and St Ledger to anyone smacks of a fire sale to me.

Pearson's comments about a small squad may have been a prophetic warning to fans that he wasn't happy with what was in the pipeline.

I know we're feeding off the good, bad and ugly on twitter and the web but offering Gallagher on a free, Beckford on loan and St Ledger to anyone smacks of a fire sale to me.

Pearson's comments about a small squad may have been a prophetic warning to fans that he wasn't happy with what was in the pipeline.

Lets see who actually goes before we panic, not going to trust any Twitter rumours, it may be that NP or the owners need one more off the wage bill to get another one in, doesn't matter if it is SSL, Gally or Becks, but we need rid of one today and if it is a free for Gally then it will more or less recover whatever fee we would get for a season's worth of wages for him not even sitting on the bench on a huge contract.

On the evidence of the last few games he is not getting a look in this season barring an outbreak of the plague.

TBH I don't see anything happening at all, either way, in or out, certainly not today anyway.

All the talk of it being a busy day in the departures department is just more Twitter BS.

Beckford might still go, but not today, the loan window is open for abit longer isn't it? So he might go in a few days - He might not even go at all.

Just Twitter rumours and links coming to nothing - Again.

WOW ..... Are these Twitter rumours with any credence?

Who says we've actually done anything you've said...

All Twitter rumour at the moment

Gally on a free is reported in the East Anglian Mail

http://www.greenun24.co.uk/ipswich-town/latest-news/transfer_latest_ipswich_town_will_not_renew_their_interest_in_paul_gallagher_1_1500000?

Beckford is being reported on Sky Sports.

Could well be bullshit but it's very mischievous bullshit from someone in that case.

Gally is no loss if he goes. St Ledger and Beckford can both be replaced, but we'd need to replace today - they are not first teamers we can do without looking at the "squad" players on Tuesday.

Feet up on Transfer day?? Don't get too comfy Nige!!!

Doesn't mean the East Anglian Mail is right though does it?

I've seen nothing on SSN about Beckford

There was this morning along the bottom of the screen, about 7 - 8am, but i've had SSN on and off all day and not seen it after about 8am this morning, so I presume they have took it down as the 'Sky Sources' may have been wrong/deal has fell through/it was BS.

We're paying the price for throwing money at average players it would seem, they're not bad but we obviously spent too much to try and improve a side that finished in the Play-Offs two years before and gave those with contracts running out ridiculous amounts of money as well, when lets face it no one else was really ever going to offer them anywhere near that amount. That's my take on the situation, if these three are on the wages being talked about then I'd be happy to see the back of all three.

Here is the Beckford report.

http://www1.skysport.../11712/8036182?

I've no problem with us shipping out, but making an already 'small' squad (Pearson's words not mine) smaller seems curious.

What i don't get about that small squad is that he actually said when inheriting Sven's squad that it was small back then!!!! Unless I dreamt that!!!

Has anything more developed with Gallagher leaving? Recently read that Ipswich have apparently said they don't want him anymore, that was 6 hours ago though. Please tell me we're not stuck with him.

Has anything more developed with Gallagher leaving? Recently read that Ipswich have apparently said they don't want him anymore, that was 6 hours ago though. Please tell me we're not stuck with him.

This must be the most nervous you've ever been lol

Gallagher is going nowhere. He's more than happy sitting on the bench and raking in the money. Ipswich and Huddersfield both pulled out due to ridiculous wage demands.

I like how that because it's Gally he has "ridiculous wage demands", but that wasn't mentioned when Huddesfield pulled out of a quick deal for Beckford & it now looks to be a drawn out issue with us having to pay some of his wages

It's nothing to do with a club/owner//bean-counters/manager paying them the ridiculous, unsustainable amount for the division???? No of course not it's Gally's fault

FFS

Are you serious!? Instead of realising he's getting on a bit and wanting to play football, which most of us would kill for the opportunity to do, he'll just take his big fat pay cheque.

What's Beckford got to do with that? He'll be leaving today, he's requested a transfer.

Archived