Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EcclesallOwl

Gallagher

The squad is getting smaller Col, we are nearly as bad as Portsmouth.

This is the right call though, he was never going to get in the team and it's better for him to drop down a division.

I thought it was KF...

If Marshall gets injured for example, I can only assume Knocky would move to the right hand side? Or perhaps push DeLaet forward?

Good move for Gally though to be fair.

Wonder if we will bring anyone else in?

I thought it was KF...

If Marshall gets injured for example, I can only assume Knocky would move to the right hand side? Or perhaps push DeLaet forward?

Good move for Gally though to be fair.

Wonder if we will bring anyone else in?

Think the only loan signings we need to bring in, is a left-back and maybe another winger if Gallagher goes but I doubt it.

Mention of Kenwyne Jones seems to be true aswell, so we will just have to wait and see.

With the kind of contracts we've been handing out for past couple of years who knows how much work we need to do to avoid FFP penalties.

Another reason why I keep saying the 'Sven (and the board) debacle' will continue to have a profound effect on the club.

Danns is allegedly another player who is on big money for the standard of player he is.

Pearson is doing the right things IMO but I don't want to leave the squad too thin.

Is it me or is the squad getting smaller?

I'm no big fan of Gally but are we looking short on numbers?

I think this shows that Nige is happy to offload whoever he thinks is right, whether they were Svens signings or not.

Drinky, Marshall, Dyer, Danns, King, Wellens, Knocky, James, Gally. That is 9, enough for 2 sets of midfield with a spare. At least 1 had to go, and in my opinion the weakest link was chosen.

The problem is, how do you keep a squad of 20+ happy when you can only involve 18 on a match-day. Gallagher hasn't had a sniff this season, neither has Waghorn, or Danns. Then we have the likes of Wellens, Whitbread and SSL who have been injured. Kennedy was released. The squad is still fairly healthy. I'd rather it be trimmed down and loan signings be made if needs be should we be short or crap.

Drinky, Marshall, Dyer, Danns, King, Wellens, Knocky, James, Gally. That is 9, enough for 2 sets of midfield with a spare. At least 1 had to go, and in my opinion the weakest link was chosen.

Who are the right midfielders/wing men?

Most of those players are central midfielders.

If Marshall gets injured that only leaves Knocky as an orthodox right wide man (and he plays primarily on the left). Danns can play right but we've seen it's not his natural position.

Is 3 wingers an adequate number though? not suggesting Gally is a winger because he isn't ,come to think of it he hasn't got an actual position on the pitch! lol

I'd not be surprised if Pearson went in for Brady from Man Utd, he's pushing for a loan move again.

Another reason why I keep saying the 'Sven (and the board) debacle' will continue to have a profound effect on the club.

Danns is allegedly another player who is on big money for the standard of player he is.

Pearson is doing the right things IMO but I don't want to leave the squad too thin.

Pearson's always used the loan market very effectively before - Waghorn, Stockdale, Cleverley, Davies... I have no doubt he and his staff will have a couple of players in mind if the squad gets a little thin.

Archived