Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EcclesallOwl

Gallagher

I've said it before and ill say it again.

It's a long and tough season.

We NEED a squad to compete.

By all accounts, Gally did an ok job at a Sheffield team who are doing well in League One.

This would have improved his level of fitness and probably his confidence through getting playing time.

Exactly the right thing to do by Pearson IMO.

We will continue to pick up injuries, and players form will dip.

Stop doing the usual thing of slagging off players just because they seem to be on the brink of leaving and get behind THE WHOLE SQUAD. We may well need Danns, Wellens, Gally this season. Who knows, maybe even Beckford?

I don't hold much stock by this argument that certain players will be disruptive because they aren't playing. I'm sure that Pearson takes disruption and manages it in his own way.

I've never been a big Gally fan, but if he needs to appear in a Leicester shirt, he will get my full backing and I would expect him to perform like he was playing for his place.

Pearson said right from the start that any success this season will be a SQUAD effort. I fully agree.

Spot on Col.

By all accounts, Gally did an ok job at a Sheffield team who are doing well in League One.

This would have improved his level of fitness and probably his confidence through getting playing time.

Stop doing the usual thing of slagging off players just because they seem to be on the brink of leaving and get behind THE WHOLE SQUAD. We may well need Danns, Wellens, Gally this season. Who knows, maybe even Beckford?

I don't hold much stock by this argument that certain players will be disruptive because they aren't playing. I'm sure that Pearson takes disruption and manages it in his own way.

I've never been a big Gally fan, but if he needs to appear in a Leicester shirt, he will get my full backing and I would expect him to perform like he was playing for his place.

Pearson said right from the start that any success this season will be a SQUAD effort. I fully agree.

You're right about needing the squad and about backing Gallagher or anyone else who's chosen to wear a City shirt.

But none of the players you've mentioned are the way forward for us...nor will they be likely to compliment the type of team we've got now. We need to move them on when the chance arises and replace them with people who do improve what's been set up.

You're right about needing the squad and about backing Gallagher or anyone else who's chosen to wear a City shirt.

But none of the players you've mentioned are the way forward for us...nor will they be likely to compliment the type of team we've got now. We need to move them on when the chance arises and replace them with people who do improve what's been set up.

I'm not sure I agree Thrac...

IMO too much disruption this season in terms of players out and players in might not be wise.

Added to this, who realistically is available?

I would stick with this current squad as I feel that Gally, Wellens, Danns could come in if needed and do a job which is going to be good enough to keep us playing well.

If we get promotion, or if we don't... It's at the END of this season that Id be looking at making the neccessary changes that this squad needs.

IMO too much disruption this season in terms of players out and players in might not be wise.

I would stick with this current squad as I feel that Gally, Wellens, Danns could come in if needed and do a job which is going to be good enough to keep us playing well.

If we get promotion, or if we don't... It's at the END of this season that Id be looking at making the neccessary changes that this squad needs.

Our club has been like a railway junction for players coming and going and we've got what we deserved for that. But Pearson's already spoken about preferring a tighter squad so i'd doubt there'll be many comings or goings.

Unusually in our recent managerial history he also seems to recruit sensibly so I'm fairly comfortable that anyone he did bring in would compliment what we have.

If there's no-one suitable available then there's no sense makings signings for the sake of it and people you've mentioned might get to play. But I'd be a lot happier if there were one or two good recruits on the horizon. We still seem a bit thin in places to maintain a promotion push and I still don't think any of those you've mentioned would satisfactory replace anyone who was injured.

Certainly we never achieved anything of note at Championship level when they were there in the past.

I agree, who knows when and why these players might be needed but they might at some stage.

I know I am a little simple, well actually, probably more than a little and I am not saying we should have him back in the team as I think we look great at the moment it's just the over the top hatred and personal comments about players that I can't stand. And this obsession with someone "not caring" because they don't run around like Hume or Waggy. I am a pretty quiet person and certainly don't run around like a absolute disabled pirate but I feel I do a good job and I certainly care about the job that I do. It just annoys me when people start slagging off players in a far too over the top manner and when they seem to take such joy in it. Gally has made a good contribution to this club in my opinion and does not deserve the treatrment he has had from some fans. It's just sad, pathetic (probably overweight and ugly) armchair fans annoyed at their own lack of achievement who like to vent their frustrations on anyone who's jib they don't like the cut of and it is sad and losery and trust me, I know a thing or two about loseryness so I know what I'm talking about. My penis is the size of a mini walnut whip for Christ's sake!!! I mean it, it looks like an under developed acorn. Leave me alone alright, I'm a nice guy! Why God why!?!?! Why must you smite me so? Mum! Mum!!!! Mum I want a hug. The bigger boys are laughing at me again and I tried to ignore them like you said but it's hard when deep down I admire tham all so damn much. They hit me and it feels like a kiss.

X

X

lol Don't let the fvckers grind you down.

I agree with keeping changes to a minimum and think only a player who can, on paper at least, improve the first eleven should be signed before the seasons end, we don't need any more "squad" players. I think we will sign at least one more player in January, perhaps only on loan though but having Gally, Wellens and Danns as back up players isn't a bad position to be in. On their day they're good Championship players even if they're not quite of sufficient quality to oust those in front of them. They may not be long term answers but short term they may still have a part to play in a long old season what with suspensions and injuries.

Our club has been like a railway junction for players coming and going and we've got what we deserved for that. But Pearson's already spoken about preferring a tighter squad so i'd doubt there'll be many comings or goings.

Unusually in our recent managerial history he also seems to recruit sensibly so I'm fairly comfortable that anyone he did bring in would compliment what we have.

If there's no-one suitable available then there's no sense makings signings for the sake of it and people you've mentioned might get to play. But I'd be a lot happier if there were one or two good recruits on the horizon. We still seem a bit thin in places to maintain a promotion push and I still don't think any of those you've mentioned would satisfactory replace anyone who was injured.

Certainly we never achieved anything of note at Championship level when they were there in the past.

Would you not say that reaching the play offs in our first season back in this league was "something of note"? I am not saying any of these players should be starters but I doubt many other teams have players as good as Wellens, Gally, Danns, Beckford as bench players? As back up you cannot argue that they are not good enough. Gally is a proven 10-15 goal midfielder at this level and you don't feel he is good enough for our bench? Weird.

Would you not say that reaching the play offs in our first season back in this league was "something of note"? I am not saying any of these players should be starters but I doubt many other teams have players as good as Wellens, Gally, Danns, Beckford as bench players? As back up you cannot argue that they are not good enough. Gally is a proven 10-15 goal midfielder at this level and you don't feel he is good enough for our bench? Weird.

He's scored 25 goals since hes been here I don't know where you get 10-15 a season from.

I agree with Thracian on this, I'm sure we can bring in younger players to fill these postions who are just as good and hungry to compete, Don't get me wrong though if Pearson does decide to put Gallagher in the team then I don't see how booing a player will help anyones cause.

He's scored 25 goals since hes been here I don't know where you get 10-15 a season from.

I agree with Thracian on this, I'm sure we can bring in younger players to fill these postions who are just as good and hungry to compete, Don't get me wrong though if Pearson does decide to put Gallagher in the team then I don't see how booing a player will help anyones cause.

In both his seasons in the Championship he has over ten goals I believe so, well, that's where I get the 10-15 goals from because, well, yer know, he has between 10 and 15 goals. Now I am no maths expert but I don't think me saying 10-15 goal midfielder when he has between 10 and 15 goals in two seasons is wildly mental of me? Like I have said, I am not saying he is the world's greatest player and I prefer the midfielders that are currently playing but the abuse he gets on here is pathetic and to say he is not even good enough to be a bench player is the ramblings of a goonmonkeyspasmoloid surely?

X

In both his seasons in the Championship he has over ten goals I believe so, well, that's where I get the 10-15 goals from because, well, yer know, he has between 10 and 15 goals. Now I am no maths expert but I don't think me saying 10-15 goal midfielder when he has between 10 and 15 goals in two seasons is wildly mental of me? Like I have said, I am not saying he is the world's greatest player and I prefer the midfielders that are currently playing but the abuse he gets on here is pathetic and to say he is not even good enough to be a bench player is the ramblings of a goonmonkeyspasmoloid surely?

X

Not that I'm siding with the anti-gallagher brigade, but he has scored 7, 10 and 8 league goals in his respective seasons for us. That puts him firmly in the 5-10 goals bracket.

I also think he is good enough to do a job for us.

Not that I'm siding with the anti-gallagher brigade, but he has scored 7, 10 and 8 league goals in his respective seasons for us. That puts him firmly in the 5-10 goals bracket.

I also think he is good enough to do a job for us.

Yes, as you say, league goals so over ten in all competions in the championship which is not bad at all. Sorry, I forgot cup goals don't count. Silly Rumble.

28 goals in 128 appearances. Made up of seasons with 10, 11 and 7.

Average in my opinion ..... he's an average player and can bench warm for a top championship side, be regular for a lower champ side. He takes a decent penalty and a bang average free kick ...

we've just outgrown him - made progress .... why do people need to either love or hate the guy - he was ok for us, now we've improved and he's fell down the pecking order. Sometime soon we will be getting rid and getting someone better in - it's life!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Gallagher has no presence on the field except for the 1 game in 10 when he decides to give it his best (usually against teams way below our standard and bags himself 2-3 goals). However when shit hits the fan he's nowhere to be seen, backs out of challenges, is awful in the air and doesn't look like he should be anywhere near our side. To me its no coincidence that our best run in the past 2 years has come with Gallagher and Wellens away from the squad. So yeah.....

Selllll Gallagher, Paul Gallagher

I just don't think you understand,

He's shit is Gallagher, Paul Gallagher

The worst right winger in the land!!!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Gallagher has no presence on the field except for the 1 game in 10 when he decides to give it his best (usually against teams way below our standard and bags himself 2-3 goals). However when shit hits the fan he's nowhere to be seen, backs out of challenges, is awful in the air and doesn't look like he should be anywhere near our side. To me its no coincidence that our best run in the past 2 years has come with Gallagher and Wellens away from the squad. So yeah.....

Selllll Gallagher, Paul Gallagher

I just don't think you understand,

He's shit is Gallagher, Paul Gallagher

The worst right winger in the land!!!!!

So, in a season, Gallagher doesn't try or completely disappears in roughly 40 matches?

Archived