Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EcclesallOwl

Gallagher

No evidence at all and as now I assume you've listened again and found that he didn't in fact say he deserves to be starting games for us, feel free to stop with this, 'Gally has an inflated ego' rubbish.

I'd rather it stopped the "Pearson only picks his favourites" crap, as Gallagher has gone, King started the season on the bench and he regularly picks four players who Sven signed.

The slating some players get on this site is staggering. Gallagher is one of the best technical players we have in the squad.I have never seen him miss a penalty, and has scored some incredible goals from deadball situations.

I wish him well whatever happens in the future give him a break FFS.

He thinks he is the dog's bollocks when in fact he is a mediocre championship player that is how I perceive it anyway. I may be wrong and he is the nicest guy and tries his best but for me he isn't good enough for us and the fact we are willing to loan him out to a league one club says it all, didn't we try to get rid in the summer transfer window to no avail and no one wanted him thank heavens Sheff Utd took him.

What do you mean he thinks he's Beckham though? Has he ever said this? Or do you just mean that you've noticed he's a very similar kind of player? In what fashion does he roam down the wing? A Beckham fashion? If so what is that? Is he doing his hair whilst in possession? Saying 'at the end of the day' when about to cross it?

He probably does have a bit of an ego, like most footballers, but he's hardly in the Ibrahimovic character, he's been dropped plenty of times while he's been here and he's fought his way back into the team several times, I don't remember him whinging a lot. What evidence is there to suggest he got an ego huge enough for it to be a reason you, or Nigel doesn't like him?

And another thing that keeps cropping up in these threads; it's a myth he doesn't work hard, yes he can be a pussy in the tackle but he runs around as much as most of our players, he tracks back when it's been required, I don't know why people confuse the two things.

Can't we just leave it as he's not good enough for the first team anymore and he wants a fresh start somewhere else?

Another good move by the manager. Gallagher's lightweight and he's never going to help us get where we want to be. Yes I've been thankful for his penalties, an occasionally productive free-kick and some longer-range spectaculars but he's an ordinary contributor otherwise and all-but a liability when we've lost possession.

It's quality not quantity we want and we can surely do better than this lad.

'Distance problem', why not move to the city of Leicester then? Surely before moving to another football club, any footballer talks to their family, especially their wife/girlfriend, about moving to the location.

When you live that far away, you can't have a connection with the city, the club and the fans. I recall Martin O'Neill making sure all his players lived within the County/City.

If we finish second in the Premiership next season, is that glorious FAILURE because we didn't win the title?

It's saying things like that which make people think you're taking the piss.

The point about his corners never beating the first man is firstly ludicrous, and secondly I don't think any of Marshall's corners beat te first man against Blackpool but that doesn't mean he didn't contribute did it?

If you want to be taken seriously stop talking crazy.

Oh dear - not agreeing with you again is to not be taken seriously - Gally was an appalling corner taker, seriously, I have been to games where he has taken 6 and not got past the first guy(theirs). So Marshall is a bit w*nk too and therefore Gally must be OK - no, they both get paid 10k a week+ to take proper corners so that is what they should do - not justify the crapness of each other

Enough of my crazy talk - let's just accept we only deserve average players

Oh dear - not agreeing with you again is to not be taken seriously - Gally was an appalling corner taker, seriously, I have been to games where he has taken 6 and not got past the first guy(theirs). So Marshall is a bit w*nk too and therefore Gally must be OK - no, they both get paid 10k a week+ to take proper corners so that is what they should do - not justify the crapness of each other

Enough of my crazy talk - let's just accept we only deserve average players

I disagree with plenty of people on here, but you're one of those nutjobs who talks utter craziness in almost every post.

It is not a failure to make the play-offs a season after promotion from league one. To think of that as failure is insane. So no, I'm not going to take you seriously if you post such ridiculous things.

To make the point that Gallagher's corners never (or even hardly ever) beat the first man is a falsehood.

I feel Gallagher contributed very positively more often than not in his first two seasons here. I find it strange that you don't but even so, Pearson brought him to the club and a year later he was gone - so when should he have got rid of him?

You've (as usual) missed the point about Marshall - I said his corners were shit against Blackpool but also that he played very well n that game. Your suggestion was that Gallagher's corners were poor so that makes his all round game poor.

That's another reason people think you're a wum, people make points that are very self-explanatory and you get the wrong end of the stick - it's as if you're doing it on purpose because you don't want to have to confront a valid point that contradicts your crazy statements.

And lastly, to think Marshall is average is also insane. If you think that then I despair.

I disagree with plenty of people on here, but you're one of those nutjobs who talks utter craziness in almost every post.

It is not a failure to make the play-offs a season after promotion from league one. To think of that as failure is insane. So no, I'm not going to take you seriously if you post such ridiculous things.

To make the point that Gallagher's corners never (or even hardly ever) beat the first man is a falsehood.

I feel Gallagher contributed very positively more often than not in his first two seasons here. I find it strange that you don't but even so, Pearson brought him to the club and a year later he was gone - so when should he have got rid of him?

You've (as usual) missed the point about Marshall - I said his corners were shit against Blackpool but also that he played very well n that game. Your suggestion was that Gallagher's corners were poor so that makes his all round game poor.

That's another reason people think you're a wum, people make points that are very self-explanatory and you get the wrong end of the stick - it's as if you're doing it on purpose because you don't want to have to confront a valid point that contradicts your crazy statements.

And lastly, to think Marshall is average is also insane. If you think that then I despair.

Despair away - the Marshall Gallagher connection is pretty astute by you really - both have periods of indifference punctuated by the odd wonder goal that keeps the fans believing in them.

Not bothered if people think I'm a wum - I have never rated Gally at Leicester, he has been a passenger in most of the games he has played in - reminds me of David Bentley, another player who thinks they have a divine right to play but can't be arsed with all that running about and tackling stuff, plus they wouldn't want to mess their hair up - the corners thing, I reckon if you did a poll, 'anybody think we'll miss Gally's corners?', you might find you're in a minority.

I am sure I understood you re the Blackpool game and Marshall, and I do think he has potential far above Gallaghers, but your justification for Gally taking shit corners was that he could do that and have a good game - he did, but only about twice.

As for failing by not reaching the play off final - if you judge success by finishing nowhere in a season but having a couple of extra games, one where you throw away home advantage and the other where you can't win a penalty shoot out as a success, then you will probably be very happy this season - come on Leicester, you're better than this!!!

Or maybe he just doesn't feel like playing for fans who boo him before he goes on the pitch...

I've never heard that.

I've heard some idiots boo him after a shit pass or corner, or when he is being subbed off, but never before he's on the pitch.

The booing of any City player is just stupid.

I think with Gallagher whilst he should not have been booed he hardly did anything to turn the fans opinion of him either, he just took his arse in his hand.

I've never heard that.

I've heard some idiots boo him after a shit pass or corner, or when he is being subbed off, but never before he's on the pitch.

Burnley at Home last seson. It wasn't just the Burnley fans.

There might be about 1% that boo certain players before a game (which isn't many). People seem to mention Gallagher getting booed constantly, but I sit in the Kop, and I've heard Beckford get a few boo's before (nobody seems to mention this). I even heard someone boo Beckford before the Blackpool match.

It isn't just Gallagher. Plus, what did/has he done to get the fans back on his side? Still didn't try etc

There might be about 1% that boo certain players before a game (which isn't many). People seem to mention Gallagher getting booed constantly, but I sit in the Kop, and I've heard Beckford get a few boo's before (nobody seems to mention this). I even heard someone boo Beckford before the Blackpool match.

It isn't just Gallagher. Plus, what did/has he done to get the fans back on his side? Still didn't try etc

I don't see what your point is about Beckford. People have mentioned he's been booed a few times. But that doesn't make it any more right, in fact the more players we boo the worse it is, surely?

As for 'still didn't try', he never lacked effort in the first place IMO. And I think you know as well as anyone that there's nothing he can do to get the fans back on his side and that's been the case for quite a while now. It sounds like you're trying to justify the boos to me.

I'm not saying you've booed him but I bet you quite enjoy it when others do.

Can't see the point of booing players, but i would have thought that some players expect it if they put in a crap performance much as some of them probably booed players when they were on the terraces as fans for the clubs they support. But as for Gallagher actually leaving i doubt it, i think he's being loaned out to get some match fitness.

I don't see what your point is about Beckford. People have mentioned he's been booed a few times. But that doesn't make it any more right, in fact the more players we boo the worse it is, surely?

As for 'still didn't try', he never lacked effort in the first place IMO. And I think you know as well as anyone that there's nothing he can do to get the fans back on his side and that's been the case for quite a while now. It sounds like you're trying to justify the boos to me.

I'm not saying you've booed him but I bet you quite enjoy it when others do.

I am not making a point about Beckford, just pointing out that other player's get stick apart from Gallagher. I just find it annoying whenever we have a Gallagher thread because, without fail, someone will post "well the fans boo him" (or something along those lines).

I am not trying to justify any boo's directed towards any of our players though. I admit I've booed after a game before, but never before or during the game, and I have never booed an individual player, such as Gallagher, even though I think everyone knows how much I dislike/don't rate him.

I don't enjoy it when other fans boo though lol At the end of the day, they can do what they want because they have paid their money, it doesn't bother me. (I'm not trying to justify it).

Technically probably our best player, between him, Marshall and King anyway. But I think there are two things that have led to this:

a) we don't play a 4-3-3 any more, a formation in which he flourished under Pearson and to an extent Sven.

b) he got given a bumper contract under Sven

a+b = a player that doesn't fit into your system who's on big money (no brainer to try and get rid)

I'm not glad to see the back of him. At times he was sublime and at times he won games singlehandedly. And it is that quality which will see him rip teams to shreds at that level.

As much as I enjoyed watching him play he always had those aforementioned limitations; scared of a tackle, not lightning quick and poor in the air. That meant that when playing out wide he'd sometimes leave his full back a bit too exposed and that when playing up front he was neither one type of striker nor the other (fast or good in the air). So he therefore became very much a luxury player and mid-way through last season I came to the conclusion that were I manager I'd only ever start him at home. Because whenever you were on the road and with your back up against the wall these limitations were costly and (like Beckford at the minute) he was merely a passenger.

However at home, against a lower-half table side he was well worth his chance. And for that reason, at a side likely to be one of the best in League One, I think he'll flourish at Sheffield United.

He should have the fans on side anyway, it's no benefit to the players at all with the fans getting restless and not getting behind them.

Scored 2 absolute worldies against Palace when Pearson returned yet people still complained about Pearson playing his favourites etc etc.

Archived