Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EcclesallOwl

Gallagher

Blackpool did the same with Matty Phillips last season, had an absolute blinder of a time at United, then went back and carried the form on at Blackpool. You never know, the same could happen here!

Also I doubt it's for the financial fair play because they can't afford to pay his wages.

We have other options on the wing, Vardy and Schlupp, ok they are both left footed, but I don't see any problem with them cutting inside.

I think it is the best for Gallagher to go out on loan, prove his worth, or move on.

Will always be grateful for having witnessed some of those stunning strikes, but the squad seems to have moved on.

I'm not 100% convinced we'll be bringing in any significant loanees, as most of the top clubs loan out youngsters and reduce the loan fee based on appearances made, like Chelsea did with van Aarnholt and Bruma. I'm not sure who'd be sacrificed a starting place to facilitate this as NP seems to be building a team for consistency, which goes against filling it with temporary loanees.

We have other options on the wing, Vardy and Schlupp, ok they are both left footed, but I don't see any problem with them cutting inside.

I think it is the best for Gallagher to go out on loan, prove his worth, or move on.

Will always be grateful for having witnessed some of those stunning strikes, but the squad seems to have moved on.

So we could be playing with 2 wingers that both have to cut inside.

I'm not 100% convinced we'll be bringing in any significant loanees, as most of the top clubs loan out youngsters and reduce the loan fee based on appearances made, like Chelsea did with van Aarnholt and Bruma. I'm not sure who'd be sacrificed a starting place to facilitate this as NP seems to be building a team for consistency, which goes against filling it with temporary loanees.

What's this based on? NP has used the loan market a lot in his time at Leicester and Hull, I doubt he'd be going for expensive loanees like the ones mentioned, so even if what you say about the fees is true, I doubt it'd really matter too much to us anyway.

Besides, he won't be bringing players in on season long loans, it'll just be to come into the team if we're hit with injuries or suspensions.

What's this based on? NP has used the loan market a lot in his time at Leicester and Hull, I doubt he'd be going for expensive loanees like the ones mentioned, so even if what you say about the fees is true, I doubt it'd really matter too much to us anyway.

Besides, he won't be bringing players in on season long loans, it'll just be to come into the team if we're hit with injuries or suspensions.

It's based on the contracts we've previously had some loanees on. It's to encourage clubs to play the loanees instead of having them sitting on the bench at another club. If we were to get any youngsters from Man United, Chelsea, Tottenham etc, this would probably be the agreement of the loan.

I think Schlupp's got potential on the left, that cross against Blackpool is better than anything I've seen from our other players on the left for quite some time. He was played on the right a few times last season and didn't really get into the game enough.

As for Vardy, I'm not keen on moving one of our main strikers out wide. It might work in a 4-3-3, but even then I'd prefer to have proper wingers as the attacking wide men.

The problem with Gallagher for me is that he hasn't really got a position in a 4-4-2. His left foot has never improved, and on the right he struggles to use his best asset of long range shooting.

It is so frustrating watching him as its obvious he has talent, one good delivery followed by 2 that struggle to beat the front post.

If he was a touch quicker he would cause more problems, but with this and his inability to head the ball and get into goal scoring positions he isn't a striker or be able to play off the front man.

So we could be playing with 2 wingers that both have to cut inside.

Sorry but that makes no sense, I am not saying play Vardy and Schlupp together as wingers, the question was what to do if Marshall gets injured, we would still have Dyer or Knockaert on the left, or Schlupp or Vardy playing on the left, and not having to cut inside, and then one of these left footers on the right, who would need to.

I think Schlupp's got potential on the left, that cross against Blackpool is better than anything I've seen from our other players on the left for quite some time. He was played on the right a few times last season and didn't really get into the game enough.

As for Vardy, I'm not keen on moving one of our main strikers out wide. It might work in a 4-3-3, but even then I'd prefer to have proper wingers as the attacking wide men.

Me neither, I am not saying we should I'm just saying we have more options than just Marshall, Dyer and Knocky.

Another reason why I keep saying the 'Sven (and the board) debacle' will continue to have a profound effect on the club.

Danns is allegedly another player who is on big money for the standard of player he is.

Pearson is doing the right things IMO but I don't want to leave the squad too thin.

I've frequently voiced concerns over the ramifications of Svens "sweety shop" transfer policy Col and I think NPs work in progress will eventually sort that out.I think our 11 + 7 looks pretty strong but injuries could leave us a little thin on quality, however there is the loan window and let's face it outside the top 6-8 Prem clubs who isn't in that predicament regarding quality?

I've frequently voiced concerns over the ramifications of Svens "sweety shop" transfer policy Col and I think NPs work in progress will eventually sort that out.I think our 11 + 7 looks pretty strong but injuries could leave us a little thin on quality, however there is the loan window and let's face it outside the top 6-8 Prem clubs who isn't in that predicament regarding quality?

There is also the unattached list, and our very promising youth products, would rather give some of them some experience and a chance at making it for us, than just consign them to the scrap heap under a pile of overrated overpaid crap.

When he played a big part in getting us into the play-offs?

Yes, in that season that ended in glorious FAILURE he was a willing participant, as long as he never has to challenge anyone or get back to defend or take a corner (which he insisted on taking every single one!) with which he has rarely, if ever, beaten the first man

Yes, in that season that ended in glorious FAILURE he was a willing participant, as long as he never has to challenge anyone or get back to defend or take a corner (which he insisted on taking every single one!) with which he has rarely, if ever, beaten the first man

Yeah the corner thing always frustrated the fvck out of me seenitall, when he performed probably about 1 in 6 he could be quality but our club cannot afford that kind of luxury!

Archived