Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
paulsherwood1

Richard keys - talksport

But that's the point, you do have that power. Not as an individual, but as one of the collective masses.

If they get wind that a number of people are saying they don't like Pearson they might feel under pressure to fire him. Even if you're not booing at games,you think the owners don't know what the fans' general feeling is? If it's overwhelmingly negative they'll realise sooner or later.

Luckily, right now, the majority are being reasonable.

Never boo at games ever - walked out once after Norwich scored their fourth and the team hadn't even turned up at home in the mid '80's, but didn't boo even then - just couldn't bear to watch

I think 18,000 turning up for home games says a lot more than the booing even - so yes, if it means people stay away he has a problem - but hey, wait a minute, he manages this team, perhaps he could get em playing and winning and bring a bit of pride back - maybe

Lets give him a chance to do it then. After all, it's only 5 games into the season.

Name those teams and those players

Leicester City (1st Time)

Mark Davies

Jay Spearing

Tom Cleverley

Jack Hobbs

Brought Andy King through the ranks

Hull City

Robbie Brady

Cameron Stewart

Jay Simpson

James Chester

Jack Hobbs (again)

Leicester City (2nd Time)

Ben Marshall

Anthony Knockaert

Danny Drinkwater

Matty James

Ritchie De Laet

Or don't you think any of these are young players with potential?

Argument is invalid, we're not in danger of relegation.

We are not in danger of relegation spot on, but what we are in danger off is falling behind at this stage of the season we are already 4 points off the playoffs and 8 behind automatic not all doom and gloom but we do really need to start producing results on a consistent basis, the evidence so far is we haven't if that changes than happy days, but NP really needs to convince the owners and likewise fans he can do that, 9 points imo is needed from these next 3 games it will be tough but if he is to save his job imo he needs to get that.

Leicester City (1st Time)

Mark Davies

Jay Spearing

Tom Cleverley

Jack Hobbs

Brought Andy King through the ranks

Hull City

Robbie Brady

Cameron Stewart

Jay Simpson

James Chester

Jack Hobbs (again)

Leicester City (2nd Time)

Ben Marshall

Anthony Knockaert

Danny Drinkwater

Matty James

Ritchie De Laet

Or don't you think any of these are young players with potential?

The three hilighted are good - the rest look like a Crewe Alexander team to me

He actually only signed one of those

The three hilighted are good - the rest look like a Crewe Alexander team to me

He actually only signed one of those

Oh come on, Spearing, Davies, Hobbs, Chester, Marshall and Drinkwater look like they should be playing for a league one team?! I love an argument as much as the next bloke, but that's ridiculous - Spearing and Davies were regularly playing in the PL last season!

We are not in danger of relegation spot on, but what we are in danger off is falling behind at this stage of the season we are already 4 points off the playoffs and 8 behind automatic not all doom and gloom but we do really need to start producing results on a consistent basis, the evidence so far is we haven't if that changes than happy days, but NP really needs to convince the owners and likewise fans he can do that, 9 points imo is needed from these next 3 games it will be tough but if he is to save his job imo he needs to get that.

Most of what you've written there is true. What is also true is we've got a game in hand over most of them.

We are very capable of beating Burnley. If we do that you're whole outlook will have to change because we'll be one point off the play-offs.

If we lose, I will be concerned, and I'm not going to make out I have every faith this team will finish in the play-offs because that's not true at all, I have my doubts.

But I do think it's utterly ridiculous to be considering changing managers at this point, as does every level headed fan out there.

I've criticised Pearson when he's warranted it but it's far from a total disaster that we have to panic and sack him. And for what it's worth, his previous tenure at the club gives me hope. He's not an idiot like I believe our two previous managers were.

Most of what you've written there is true. What is also true is we've got a game in hand over most of them.

We are very capable of beating Burnley. If we do that you're whole outlook will have to change because we'll be one point off the play-offs.

If we lose, I will be concerned, and I'm not going to make out I have every faith this team will finish in the play-offs because that's not true at all, I have my doubts.

But I do think it's utterly ridiculous to be considering changing managers at this point, as does every level headed fan out there.

I've criticised Pearson when he's warranted it but it's far from a total disaster that we have to panic and sack him. And for what it's worth, his previous tenure at the club gives me hope. He's not an idiot like I believe our two previous managers were.

Now I know you're not a City fan. No level headed person would support us

With Pearson, my feelings are mixed. I like what he's trying to do- he's trying to play more adventurous football and bring through a policy of young players who show enthusiasm. It's commendable, having seen Micky Adams' dreadful "Dad's Army" approach which left us with over-the-hill players who had no long-term commitment.

But I understand that it's a results business and at the moment they aren't good enough. I'm not blind to his faults and he has mistakes in him- but it would be a shame if what he is trying to do doesn't work out. We aren't a million miles away in terms of performance and application, we need to convert it into results.

Starting tomorrow.

With Pearson, my feelings are mixed. I like what he's trying to do- he's trying to play more adventurous football and bring through a policy of young players who show enthusiasm. It's commendable, having seen Micky Adams' dreadful "Dad's Army" approach which left us with over-the-hill players who had no long-term commitment.

But I understand that it's a results business and at the moment they aren't good enough. I'm not blind to his faults and he has mistakes in him- but it would be a shame if what he is trying to do doesn't work out. We aren't a million miles away in terms of performance and application, we need to convert it into results.

Starting tomorrow.

That sums my feelings up too .... But if we don't get 6 points from the next two games and Harry really is a possibility it's hard to keep the faith in NP.

Starting tomorrow.

A*

I know. I knock Sven but I didn't actually want him out, it was only after the Millwall game that my patience starting to wear thin.

I enjoyed the football under him in 2010/11 until he inexplicably changed for the worse, whereas Pearson is trying to change for the better, but with worse results it has to be said.

Come on Nige, get some wins and consistency and the rumours will die down.

Was anyone else dissapointed this wasn't a thread full of sexist jokes? Instead its a bunch of women with their handbags out

There's only one thing more lame than moaning about football on a football forum and that's moaning about people moaning about football on a football forum.........

Starting tomorrow.

I too applaud NFP for moving us on from that dreadful mix of pointless tippy-tappy and hoofball that was so common last season. In fact the changes he is trying to make are huge, almost as revolutionary as those tried by PDFS in his brief spell in charge.

The difference though is that NFP has brought in a bunch of new young players who have, by and large, bought into this philosophy, PDFS on the other hand tried to impose it on a 'bunch of old lags' who were not having any of it.

The issue I have is simply this, is NFP a good enough coach to get our current squad playing that way, I have my doubts...... :o

I too applaud NFP for moving us on from that dreadful mix of pointless tippy-tappy and hoofball that was so common last season. In fact the changes he is trying to make are huge, almost as revolutionary as those tried by PDFS in his brief spell in charge.

The difference though is that NFP has brought in a bunch of new young players who have, by and large, bought into this philosophy, PDFS on the other hand tried to impose it on a 'bunch of old lags' who were not having any of it.

The issue I have is simply this, is NFP a good enough coach to get our current squad playing that way, I have my doubts...... :o

Likewise we need some one experienced in that way of playing and who has been successful Harry Redknapp fits that criteria does he not? :whistle:

That is ultimately the key. I hope he is, but if he isn't, we don't need another overhaul of the style (unless we get in a long-ball merchant), we can possibly tweak things in certain areas.

That is ultimately the key. I hope he is, but if he isn't, we don't need another overhaul of the style (unless we get in a long-ball merchant), we can possibly tweak things in certain areas.

This.

For me this is why NP was the wrong successor to Sven (ignoring the fact that Sven shouldn't have been sacked anyway), the change in style was too massive. We threw away the baby with the bath water .... the next change needs to be an improvement not just different.

Archived