Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
paulsherwood1

Richard keys - talksport

Hmmmmmmm don't you think Pearson was in talks behind Ericksons back before he got the boot ? that stunk as well. One thing is for sure when you have a owner of a club as opposed to a board they will do what ever they like regardless of what any fan thinks. These owners want prem football at any cost and if they can get Redknapp they will. Redknapp is high profile known just about every where and could get players to come to us that Pearson could only dream about and the owners know that. Put yourself in their position stick with Pearson or take a gamble on Redknapp ? there's not much to think about really.

I really don't think this was the case.

I think that the owners were the only naive people that wouldn't have done so .... but I don't think they did - which was why we ended up with NP as a desperation appointment after a few weeks of not attracting our real targets. just the way I see it.

You always say this, but it's an argument that will always hold no water because you've never got any good evidence to back up the idea that we were relegation fodder. Especially considering it was almost the same squad that finished 5th just months earlier. Under the management of your favourite guy.

But everytime I pull you up on this you dodge the question. As I expect you'll do this time.

I thought we were bottom when Sven took over?

You always say this, but it's an argument that will always hold no water because you've never got any good evidence to back up the idea that we were relegation fodder. Especially considering it was almost the same squad that finished 5th just months earlier. Under the management of your favourite guy.

But everytime I pull you up on this you dodge the question. As I expect you'll do this time.

Where were we in the league and after how many games when he took over? Why are you in denial over this? Would Sousa have kept us up? Why is the team who are bottom of the league and have just been thrashed 6-1 anything other than relegation fodder?

Depends if he is a clueless dullard who buys a faceless bunch of tryers, if so you will be happy, if he shows some flair and gets above 8th occasionally, and perhaps brings ina couple of players who can play, you might be upset

I'd love to finish 8th. Haven't finished that high for just over two years. With a clueless dullard in charge.

I'd hope the bloke with flair can make us finish higher than that. Cos he's got flair without faceless tryers. So finishing quite high should be no problem, if the clueless dullard can finish quite high with no talent in either himself or his team.

I really don't think this was the case.

I think that the owners were the only naive people that wouldn't have done so .... but I don't think they did - which was why we ended up with NP as a desperation appointment after a few weeks of not attracting our real targets. just the way I see it.

Maybe but he still held talks with us behind the Hull boards back so he can hardly complain if it's his turn to be shit on is it ?

Where were we in the league and after how many games when he took over? Why are you in denial over this? Would Sousa have kept us up? Why is the team who are bottom of the league and have just been thrashed 6-1 anything other than relegation fodder?

Maybe.

Would anyone else have kept us up? Almost certainly absolutely yes.

We had a very poor start, this does not prove we had one of the worst squads in the league, or we were 'relegation fodder'.

Again, I ask you: How can a squad that finished 5th in May automatically become relegation fodder in October?

Maybe.

Would anyone else have kept us up? Almost certainly absolutely yes.

We had a very poor start, this does not prove we had one of the worst squads in the league, or we were 'relegation fodder'.

Again, I ask you: How can a squad that finished 5th in May automatically become relegation fodder in October?

By losing lots of games I guess. So anyone could have kept us up? Holloway? By all means claim that Nige is a genius for what he achieved three years ago, but you are a bit in denial if you think what Sven achieved after Sousa was a walk in the park. Certainly, Nige was totally incapable of improving on mid table at either Hull or City taking on other managers sides.

Depends whetehr you want to finish mid table every year, as they do, perhaps with a little flirt with the play offs and a relegation worry. Not for me, we deserve better, actually, so do they. Our numbers will continue to dwindle while we serve up uninspiring dross by average players with no pedigree or the ability to create their own.

As for getting over a year, you have to earn that. I believe Sven earned it by turning a relegation fodder team into a top half of the table team. Nige has not done anything like this, and the talent we hear about from his new team is so far based on fans wanting them to be great rather than any evidence. Significantly, he failed with a seasson and a half tonachieve anything at Hull and Bruce already has them winning and pushing for the top. That is where we should be. Not with Derby.

Why do our fans deserve better than the other 71 Football League clubs outside the Premier League? What gives us a more deserving claim to top flight football over the other 23 teams in this years Championship? We do indeed have delusions of grandeur.

It is not a contest to see how quickly we can sack a manager and Pearson doesn't have to sacked early just because Sven was. Personally I couldn't give two fvcks about his record at Hull or anyone else's record at his old club (after six matches). Pearson has done more for this club than Sven by a long, long way and deserves the time that Sven wasn't given, regardless of whether his sacking was fair or not. Or we can keep making the same mistake every October and stick with this mid-table mediocrity that hurts you so.

I'd love to finish 8th. Haven't finished that high for just over two years. With a clueless dullard in charge.

I'd hope the bloke with flair can make us finish higher than that. Cos he's got flair without faceless tryers. So finishing quite high should be no problem, if the clueless dullard can finish quite high with no talent in either himself or his team.

I agree but its not been high enough has it? Love flair, hate dullards

Why do our fans deserve better than the other 71 Football League clubs outside the Premier League? What gives us a more deserving claim to top flight football over the other 23 teams in this years Championship? We do indeed have delusions of grandeur.

It is not a contest to see how quickly we can sack a manager and Pearson doesn't have to sacked early just because Sven was. Personally I couldn't give two fvcks about his record at Hull or anyone else's record at his old club (after six matches). Pearson has done more for this club than Sven by a long, long way and deserves the time that Sven wasn't given, regardless of whether his sacking was fair or not. Or we can keep making the same mistake every October and stick with this mid-table mediocrity that hurts you so.

Why do you even like football then? Of course we deserve it, Leicester are my team - I can't stand any of the others and I always want us to win and be top - it is our divine right as Leicester supporters to be given decent quality football played by skilled players who would give their right bollock to play for us. Granted we've a way to go to get there but why do I think Barnsley have as much right to expect this as me as a Leicester fan - they, and the other cvnts in this division can die as far as I care - we are Leicester, and we deserve delusions of grandeur - NP can fvck off he has a problem with that, he only played for shite clubs and possibly doesn't understand the concept - you should perhaps support one of them while your heart bleeds because poxy third division Hull and crappy Burnley deserve something too from our games against them. Jesus!

By losing lots of games I guess. So anyone could have kept us up? Holloway? By all means claim that Nige is a genius for what he achieved three years ago, but you are a bit in denial if you think what Sven achieved after Sousa was a walk in the park. Certainly, Nige was totally incapable of improving on mid table at either Hull or City taking on other managers sides.

But you're tying yourself in knots here.

Either we had a shit, relegation standard squad and Nigel WAS a genius for getting them to 5th.

Or - Nigel put together a decent Championship side and Sousa was such a poor manager that we were woefully underperforming with him - and once he was sacked most managers could have got that squad to midtable.

So, which is it?

Either we had a shit, relegation standard squad and Nigel WAS a genius for getting them to 5th.

Or - Nigel put together a decent Championship side and Sousa was such a poor manager that we were woefully underperforming with him - and once he was sacked most managers could have got that squad to midtable.

So, which is it?

That one!

So, which is it?

No knots little fella - Pearson did amazingly well (read it and weep) and I was gutted when he huffed off - his loss and that point ours, but the failings of his third tier boys when it came to the crunch were there to see and he fell at the last fence. He had over performed with them but they were not a great side (I know, you were moist because they won the third division, but that is what they were - third division). I dare say if Nige hadn't spat his dummy out, he may have been able to keep the momentum going but he did couldn't get anything out of them at all. Nige couldn't get anything out of Hull, or indeed Leicester when he came back - why is this hard for you?

Why do you even like football then? Of course we deserve it, Leicester are my team - I can't stand any of the others and I always want us to win and be top - it is our divine right as Leicester supporters to be given decent quality football played by skilled players who would give their right bollock to play for us. Granted we've a way to go to get there but why do I think Barnsley have as much right to expect this as me as a Leicester fan - they, and the other cvnts in this division can die as far as I care - we are Leicester, and we deserve delusions of grandeur - NP can fvck off he has a problem with that, he only played for shite clubs and possibly doesn't understand the concept - you should perhaps support one of them while your heart bleeds because poxy third division Hull and crappy Burnley deserve something too from our games against them. Jesus!

So basically you're a fan Leicester could do without.

If you're not realistic you're only a hinderance to the club.

You don't deserve delusions of grandeur, because despite what you might think you do actually live in the real world. Come on, come back to the real world with us.

We've all got dreams, I wish Leicester were far greater than they are now. I'm just as unhappy as you aabout where the club is now. But you can't have everything you wish for by waving a magic wand.

Great.

Get someone in with flair and we're guaranteed to finish higher.

Hope you've told Top and co.

No point talking to that twonk, he has less of a clue than most (possibly all) of the posters on here. Wish we'd got Steve Bruce though - and yes, even he has more flair than NP

You don't deserve delusions of grandeur, because despite what you might think you do actually live in the real world. Come on, come back to the real world with us.

We've all got dreams, I wish Leicester were far greater than they are now. I'm just as unhappy as you aabout where the club is now. But you can't have everything you wish for by waving a magic wand.

And with fans who are happy with the shite we have now we're never likely to get anywhere - sorry if wanting us to do well spoils your cosy FFP restricted little mediocre world

Why does this make you a better fan than me then????

These owners want prem football at any cost and if they can get Redknapp they will. Redknapp is high profile known just about every where and could get players to come to us that Pearson could only dream about and the owners know that. Put yourself in their position stick with Pearson or take a gamble on Redknapp ? there's not much to think about really.

Substitute 'Redknapp' for 'Sven'. How well did that gamble turn out?

Archived