Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
paulsherwood1

Richard keys - talksport

Looks like it could happen if both parties are interested.

He would definitely be an improvement on Sven and NP imo, whether he could deliver under the pressure of our owners to get us promotion asap could have a bearing on his reputation, but for me I would take him, would he dismantle the squad? maybe but the players we have from both Sven's tenure and NP's second tenure are good enough to get us up we just need a manager to get the very best out of them.

He wouldn't definitely be an improvement at all, he might be or he might not be and it will cost us a shit load of money and another season of upheaval to find out. The very thought of starting again (again) makes me shudder.

He wouldn't definitely be an improvement at all, he might be or he might not be and it will cost us a shit load of money and another season of upheaval to find out. The very thought of starting again (again) makes me shudder.

I am not so sure that a major upheaval would have to take place though. I would imagine that we mostly have the players here already to play the way Arry likes to play.

Yes it is a question of maybe he could do it or maybe he couldn't, but you have trust the owners judgment and conviction to bring success to LCFC if they think Redknapp is the man for the job then sobeit. Is Redknapp a bad manager you cannot be that bad to be quite successful in the prem, I appreciate the championship is a different kettle of fish, but the philosophy Redknapp has as a manager that style of play which NP has adopted recently, you could say he is experienced in that so he should be able to get the best out of the players and ultimately deliver results. Obviously nothing is guaranteed in football isn't that the beauty of it?

Yes it is a question of maybe he could do it or maybe he couldn't, but you have trust the owners judgment and conviction to bring success to LCFC if they think Redknapp is the man for the job then sobeit. Is Redknapp a bad manager you cannot be that bad to be quite successful in the prem, I appreciate the championship is a different kettle of fish, but the philosophy Redknapp has as a manager that style of play which NP has adopted recently, you could say he is experienced in that so he should be able to get the best out of the players and ultimately deliver results. Obviously nothing is guaranteed in football isn't that the beauty of it?

Less than a year ago they appointed Pearson so where is the trust in that judgement?

The same sort of people as the Blackburn fans who won't go to Ewood Park becuase of Venky's or the Manchester United fans that went to non league football when the Glazer's took over. Put simply people who stick to their principles and can think of other things to do on a weekend rather than hand money over to people they don't trust or respect.

Would you stop going Marty?

No I don't. Why on earth would I trust them when their knowledge of football is very limited (and I'm being kind there) and they've already made a hash of getting us promoted? I don't know whether they had anything to do with Sousa's appointment but Sven's was a fvcking disaster.

If they dropped Pearson now they'd be again admitting they haven't got a fvcking clue what they're doing because they're the ones who re-hired him!

'Arry may well be a good manager but he's not good enough for us to throw one away who's trying to build something after 5 or so games. Not only is that shooting ourselves in the foot but it's fvcking disrespectful too.

Besides, Redknapp is a crook and a horrible bastard. I don't want a scumbag like him anywhere near our club. The guy's a cvnt.

I am not so sure that a major upheaval would have to take place though. I would imagine that we mostly have the players here already to play the way Arry likes to play.

I can't see Harry coming without the promise of further funds and with funds available there would almost certainly be additions and judging by his track record I would expect quite a few. That is just a guess though to be fair and I don't know for sure what would happen.

Redknapp turned the job down ten years ago, plus i've said this over a thousand times he doesn't go north of watford, coming to leicester would mean him relocating which i see highly unlikely, also he likes southern clubs. If he is coming back to football my guess it's either with Southampton (which i can't quite understand because he relegated them last time, plus he rejoined portsmouth afterwards), Ipswich is possible but where's the money coming from for them?, a return to spurs i can actually see happening because despite the win for tottenham yesterday they still look a bit dodgy under Villas Boas, a return to west ham that could happen, QPR is hugely possible, not a great start for them!

Changing the manager guarantees you nothing except more changes and as I posted in the club Ownership thread......

Which ever way we go financially, managing our finances carefully or going for broke it's pretty much down to luck in getting a manager who brings success and there's no magic formula for selecting the right manager, money, previous achievements, experience, bubbly or dour character whichever you choose whichever combination you have doesn't guarantee you success.

Would you stop going Marty?

Absolutely. It is not a decision I would take lightly and if they showed a change in their ways they could win me back. That would mean sticking with a manager for at least full season come what may. If they continued to show the rash decision making that has been a part of their process so far then I would have to wait until they sold the club as I couldn't justify shelling out for a season ticket to see a team that gets a dozen games before being written off, usually along with the season. If they are willing to refund my season ticket should they sack a manager and destroy a season then fair enough but otherwise they can get to fcvk.

I would love to see a ruling where every club picks a manager and can't approach another manager other than in the off season meaning that every manager at every club gets a real crack at the job. The managerial merry-go-round is one of the worst parts of the modern game in my opinion and is one of the main reasons clubs get stuck with players they don't want because the new manager doesn't think they fit his style.

Absolutely. It is not a decision I would take lightly and if they showed a change in their ways they could win me back. That would mean sticking with a manager for at least full season come what may. If they continued to show the rash decision making that has been a part of their process so far then I would have to wait until they sold the club as I couldn't justify shelling out for a season ticket to see a team that gets a dozen games before being written off, usually along with the season. If they are willing to refund my season ticket should they sack a manager and destroy a season then fair enough but otherwise they can get to fcvk.

I would love to see a ruling where every club picks a manager and can't approach another manager other than in the off season meaning that every manager at every club gets a real crack at the job. The managerial merry-go-round is one of the worst parts of the modern game in my opinion and is one of the main reasons clubs get stuck with players they don't want because the new manager doesn't think they fit his style.

All hypothetical of course... So if Pearson gets sacked and we appoint Rednapp that's it for you... You will stop going to see City until Rednapp had had a full season?

And if Rednapp took us into the play-offs during his first season, you still wouldn't go?

Fair enough, I wonder how many other people genuinely feel this way?

I wonder if you may have to have the courage of your own conviction?

We'll see how it pans out..

I think the more likely option is Harry as a director of football, but I still think it is bollocks.

As for stopping supporting Leicester, to be honest under Sven, I stopped giving a shit, I really just had no idea what he was playing, he dismantled the first team in a while I was actually proud of, and brought a load of shitty loans, mercenaries and all the crap that came with it.

Towards the end of the Sven/Sousa season I was living in Spain, but I had stopped really following what was happening, it just didn't seem like my club any more.

I can see how and why people do it, it probably wouldn't have happened had I been living in Leicester, I started off the year always talking about football in my class, I would bring in match reports and have it on the projector for my students to read as I waited for them all to turn up, typical Spanish always late.

But by the end of the season I was just thoroughly fed up with the whole sorry excuse for a football club.

All hypothetical of course... So if Pearson gets sacked and we appoint Rednapp that's it for you... You will stop going to see City until Rednapp had had a full season?

And if Rednapp took us into the play-offs during his first season, you still wouldn't go?

Fair enough, I wonder how many other people genuinely feel this way?

I wonder if you may have to have the courage of your own conviction?

We'll see how it pans out..

I hope it remains hypothetical. If the owners have the courage to stick with Nige to the end of this season, regardless of whether or not we are in the play off's, they will earn my respect for doing so and I will be renewing as soon as possible. I could even accept it if we changed in the summer as I feel that would be a reasonable decision and a more appropriate time for change.

I was a whisker away from not renewing because of all the uncertainty, the continual changing of managers, the throughput of players rarely here long enough to even suss out how good/bad or indifferent they are and certainly not long enough to build up any rapport with them, no wonder very few have their own songs. But I thought no they've reappointed Pearson and although I wasn't overly impressed by that decision it at least looked like they'd settled for some managerial stability so I renewed.

So we haven't had the greatest of starts but if you look back over the history of the league time and again you will see bad and good starters swapping places and besides the football on the pitch has been on the whole as entertaining and skilful as any that I've seen for a decade or more so I've been more than happy to see how things go and the last thing I would want to see is yet another managerial change, if it happens then I'll definitely be wishing I hadn't renewed because the thought of starting the whole cycle of change yet again really does my head in.

I was a whisker away from not renewing because of all the uncertainty, the continual changing of managers, the throughput of players rarely here long enough to even suss out how good/bad or indifferent they are and certainly not long enough to build up any rapport with them, no wonder very few have their own songs. But I thought no they've reappointed Pearson and although I wasn't overly impressed by that decision it at least looked like they'd settled for some managerial stability so I renewed.

So we haven't had the greatest of starts but if you look back over the history of the league time and again you will see bad and good starters swapping places and besides the football on the pitch has been on the whole as entertaining and skilful as any that I've seen for a decade or more so I've been more than happy to see how things go and the last thing I would want to see is yet another managerial change, if it happens then I'll definitely be wishing I hadn't renewed because the thought of starting the whole cycle of change yet again really does my head in.

Superb post, I will feel short changed if the team I have paid to watch this season is ripped apart before Christmas and I will regret that I renewed and will not make that same mistake again next season.

I hope it remains hypothetical. If the owners have the courage to stick with Nige to the end of this season, regardless of whether or not we are in the play off's, they will earn my respect for doing so and I will be renewing as soon as possible. I could even accept it if we changed in the summer as I feel that would be a reasonable decision and a more appropriate time for change.

That's a little different to what you first said perhaps?

I think some people are feeling angry at present that we would even be contemplating yet another managerial change. Things will be said in anger. But I'd be surprised if the football fans amongst us didn't keep on going and supporting the club even if Pearson loses his job.

Perhaps a poll is needed?

I don't usually take notice of gossip,but i was told on Saturday Pearson had 2 games,i have no reason to disbelieve the person who told me as he does have very good connections with the club,so i think there might be something in the Redknapp rumour'

The way i see it Pearson is really not the Thais kind of guy.

They have always been after a 'name' and his face just does not fit.

Its unfortunate for Pearson if true because he has just started to turn this club around and i really hope we can win tomorrow and win well,as for Redknapp i do rate him and when he got Portsmouth up,the signing of Paul Merson was a master stroke.

That's a little different to what you first said perhaps?

I think some people are feeling angry at present that we would even be contemplating yet another managerial change. Things will be said in anger. But I'd be surprised if the football fans amongst us didn't keep on going and supporting the club even if Pearson loses his job.

Perhaps a poll is needed?

Ha ha, no we don't need a poll and I am sure I would be in a very small minority.

I don't think I have said anything different to my initial comments of wanting Pearson to have a full season and to be judged on the results of that season. If the owner's were to have a bit of faith in their own decisions (I didn't bring Pearson back) they could win my respect but at the same time another rash decision and they will certainly lose all respect and won't see any of my hard earned money until they change their ways or fvck off elsewhere.

Archived