Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
paulsherwood1

Richard keys - talksport

Only that Redknapp has achieved promotion from the championship ( Pearson hasnt ), Redknapp has managed in the premiership ( Pearson hasn't ), Redknapp has won the FA cup ( Pearson hasn't ) and Redknapp has manage a team into the top 4 of the premiership ( Pearson hasnt ).

Apart from that, your right! What proof?

Didn't mean to give you a rep point, meant to click "quote".

Your argument is kind of invalid, i'll just mention SGE and what he's achieved and look at where that got us. There is no really evidence that if HR came he would do good. In fact I don't want him here, why rush into a change.

We won't go wrong with Harry. He knows how to man manage people. He'll take the pressure off the players and make them believe they are great. He does very well in the transfer market, especially in getting value for money when he sells players. He won't send the top players to Siberia and sell them for tuppence.

... Having said all of this. Harry would never come to Leicester. Wouldn't even contemplate it. He'll be after the QPR job, or potentially the Reading job.

All hypothetical of course... So if Pearson gets sacked and we appoint Rednapp that's it for you... You will stop going to see City until Rednapp had had a full season?

And if Rednapp took us into the play-offs during his first season, you still wouldn't go?

Fair enough, I wonder how many other people genuinely feel this way?

I wonder if you may have to have the courage of your own conviction?

We'll see how it pans out..

I wouldn't spend any more of my money on the club at all until the manager had left and the board had left. Of course you can't stop having affection for the club, I'd still keep an eye out for results probably and see how they were getting on, but to be honest, it wouldn't be a difficult decision to stop going to or watching games. It's been harder since I moved to London to get to a lot of games, but to be honest, since Pearson left the first time it seems everything I loved about this club is just being chucked out the window in the name of pursuing the Premier League pay day at any cost - everyone is a mercenary, the board want promotion at all costs, the players coming in want massive wages that they simply don't deserve, the managers like Sven come out of the woodwork, looking for their big pay day... it just makes me sick. If they appoint that crook, that'll be the final nail in the coffin for me, I won't financially support a club that is run that way.

The first thing I'll probably do is pop down to Welling United and start supporting a small club who actually value my support.

I wouldn't spend any more of my money on the club at all until the manager had left and the board had left. Of course you can't stop having affection for the club, I'd still keep an eye out for results probably and see how they were getting on, but to be honest, it wouldn't be a difficult decision to stop going to or watching games. It's been harder since I moved to London to get to a lot of games, but to be honest, since Pearson left the first time it seems everything I loved about this club is just being chucked out the window in the name of pursuing the Premier League pay day at any cost - everyone is a mercenary, the board want promotion at all costs, the players coming in want massive wages that they simply don't deserve, the managers like Sven come out of the woodwork, looking for their big pay day... it just makes me sick. If they appoint that crook, that'll be the final nail in the coffin for me, I won't financially support a club that is run that way.

The first thing I'll probably do is pop down to Welling United and start supporting a small club who actually value my support.

Totally agree. Whatever made Leicester City special left with Pearson the first time. This club we're following now is hollow and empty. I think that's why you can see the love and passion ebbing away from the fans.

I cannot take another ****ing manager change.

The strange thing is that the impatient types that want managerial changes every other month are the often the same ones who react with anger at spending more time outside the Premier League. They're like flies that repeatedly smash into a window and can't understand why they never get through the glass.

Unbelievable from someone who was criticising posters on here last week as not being real fans because they were unhappy with the state of the team under NP. We don't need plastic fans who just blindly follow managers whatever, you know........

The strange thing is that the impatient types that want managerial changes every other month are the often the same ones who react with anger at spending more time outside the Premier League. They're like flies that repeatedly smash into a window and can't understand why they never get through the glass.

And those that stick with mediocrity are Derby fans. I'd rather be a fly

And those that stick with mediocrity are Derby fans. I'd rather be a fly

Yeah, Derby fans who turn out in greater numbers than us. Maybe they know the manager will get over a year and that their season won't be ruined after 10 or 15 matches most seasons.

Unbelievable from someone who was criticising posters on here last week as not being real fans because they were unhappy with the state of the team under NP. We don't need plastic fans who just blindly follow managers whatever, you know........

Looking forward to you turning against the next bloke soon.

Yeah, Derby fans who turn out in greater numbers than us. Maybe they know the manager will get over a year and that their season won't be ruined after 10 or 15 matches most seasons.

Depends whetehr you want to finish mid table every year, as they do, perhaps with a little flirt with the play offs and a relegation worry. Not for me, we deserve better, actually, so do they. Our numbers will continue to dwindle while we serve up uninspiring dross by average players with no pedigree or the ability to create their own.

As for getting over a year, you have to earn that. I believe Sven earned it by turning a relegation fodder team into a top half of the table team. Nige has not done anything like this, and the talent we hear about from his new team is so far based on fans wanting them to be great rather than any evidence. Significantly, he failed with a seasson and a half tonachieve anything at Hull and Bruce already has them winning and pushing for the top. That is where we should be. Not with Derby.

As I've said for a while now we HAVE been in contact with Harry. There was an 'official' meeting in London which included lcfc's legal beagles.

I think it stinks and agree that Pearson should stay. He should get the whole season. Assess things then.

Rednkapp would just dick us about and jump ship anyway whenever he felt like it.

We must stick with Pearson. We need stability and some backbone.

Hmmmmmmm don't you think Pearson was in talks behind Ericksons back before he got the boot ? that stunk as well. One thing is for sure when you have a owner of a club as opposed to a board they will do what ever they like regardless of what any fan thinks. These owners want prem football at any cost and if they can get Redknapp they will. Redknapp is high profile known just about every where and could get players to come to us that Pearson could only dream about and the owners know that. Put yourself in their position stick with Pearson or take a gamble on Redknapp ? there's not much to think about really.

Derby fans who turn out in greater numbers than us.

Well they used to, only at home

Maybe they know the manager will get over a year

and also that they'll get into the stadium for free(ish)

I do agree with you, but I'm not sure Derby's a good example of why you should stick with your manager.

Looking forward to you turning against the next bloke soon.

Depends if he is a clueless dullard who buys a faceless bunch of tryers, if so you will be happy, if he shows some flair and gets above 8th occasionally, and perhaps brings ina couple of players who can play, you might be upset

As for getting over a year, you have to earn that. I believe Sven earned it by turning a relegation fodder team into a top half of the table team.

You always say this, but it's an argument that will always hold no water because you've never got any good evidence to back up the idea that we were relegation fodder. Especially considering it was almost the same squad that finished 5th just months earlier. Under the management of your favourite guy.

But everytime I pull you up on this you dodge the question. As I expect you'll do this time.

Well they used to, only at home

and also that they'll get into the stadium for free(ish)

I do agree with you, but I'm not sure Derby's a good example of why you should stick with your manager.

To be fair Derby wasn't my example, it was Seenitall's.

Archived