Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Middlesbrough Match Thread

Neil Danns career at Leicester is dead in the water. Which is a shame, I like the guy! Also I know through twitter Schlupp traveled so harsh on him to go all that way and not make the bench. Surprised King doesn't start ahead of James, but maybe he isn't quite 100% yet. Settle for a draw today! But come on...lets send out a message and bag 3 points lads :scarf:

Quietly confident about today, we have done well at Middlesbrough in the past, so I believe a draw or win is very likely.

We just don't want our first real poor performance of the season, and get absolutely thrashed.

All about Knockaert again today, he makes us tick get him on the ball as much as possible, and feed Nugent and goals will come hopefully.

What is the problem with Danns?! :/

I like Pearson as a manager and I have a lot of confidence in him but I really disagree with his decision to keep Danns out of the squad. James and Drinkwater are similar players and Neil offers something they don't.

James and Drinkwater similar? Huh?

I like Pearson as a manager and I have a lot of confidence in him but I really disagree with his decision to keep Danns out of the squad. James and Drinkwater are similar players and Neil offers something they don't.

But James and Drinkwater keep/hold the ball better than Danns.

I agree. James and Drinkwater aren't identical but I get you, Danns offers something different. He would probably get in my team at home, and on the bench away, as I see him as quite an attacking player. Danns can actually strike a ball and get involved. James is rarely involved and Drinky scuffs most efforts. Its not a HUGE deal, but it is a shame.

Yeah like about a 25% pass completion rate! :P

I agree. James and Drinkwater aren't identical but I get you, Danns offers something different. He would probably get in my team at home, and on the bench away, as I see him as quite an attacking player. Danns can actually strike a ball and get involved. James is rarely involved and Drinky scuffs most efforts. Its not a HUGE deal, but it is a shame.

Yes, Danns can strike a ball, but, he also fouls and gives it away a lot. Drinkwater and James both do their job effectively but quietly, and hold the ball better.

True, but Danns is better going forward and ball winning. All have different strengths which is why he would be a good option on the bench.

Yes but King is a different option to bring on he isn't similar to Drinkwater or James for that matter could pop up with a goal or assist if he comes on something Danns wouldn't be able to do, what we have is options on the bench that can makes things happen the team we have is good enough to get results at any team in this division imo.

A lot of people seem to think Danns is a lesser player, just because he hasn't got the pass accuracy that the other two might have doesn't mean he's not very good. When do James and Drinkwater attempt to pass throught the opposing defence? It's a pretty rare event, it's far more common for them to pass sideways and keep the ball which is fine and I'm not knocking it but eventually you have to try and penetrate. I feel we rely on the wide players to create and Danns would add a bit more punch in the middle which might suit some matches.

I'm not saying I want Danns to start every game but I do think the fairly passive style of James and Danny isn't always the best option.

An ability to lose the ball?

Drinky & King is the best midfield we've got, James will keep things steady in the meantime if need be, Danns invites opposition attacks by either poor control or awful passing IMO

With regards to today's game Drinkwater will be the box-to-box player with James just doing the simple thing, perhaps King's not fit for a full 90 but if we need a bit of guile or mopping up he's great option off the bench

A lot of people seem to think Danns is a lesser player, just because he hasn't got the pass accuracy that the other two might have doesn't mean he's not very good. When do James and Drinkwater attempt to pass throught the opposing defence? It's a pretty rare event, it's far more common for them to pass sideways and keep the ball which is fine and I'm not knocking it but eventually you have to try and penetrate. I feel we rely on the wide players to create and Danns would add a bit more punch in the middle which might suit some matches.

I'm not saying I want Danns to start every game but I do think the fairly passive style of James and Danny isn't always the best option.

If we set up a flat 4-4-2 then it is a problem but creativity wise you will get that from Knockaert and Marshall so shouldn't be a problem really.

Archived