Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
southwest fox

Let's Have a Statement From The Thais About Pearson's Job Being Safe

If they have then I hope the Thais do one. It would really show how little they know about football, and also football business to go back to a blatently loss making model with no guaruntee of success.

This, I would much rather them go than Pearson.

And he certainly is a man of principle and few would blame him if he did jack us in if he found the rumour to be true.

I feel a fair bit of 1 Nigel Pearson coming on on Saturday as well as hopefully a few **** off redknapp chants.

I'm still inclined to think we fuel the fire by talking about it on here, on RL etc than if we just brushed it off and ignored it completely. Since we don't seem able to do that then the other thing to do is show our support for NP as much as possible on Saturday.

With the whole ground singing his name, the owners may just get the message

My guess is they have spoken to Redknapp, or were at least considering it and the word got out.

Hopefully they've changed their mind since and are realising maybe this Pearson bloke could do well.

I don't see why it would be the 'dreaded vote of confidence' to say 'the stories are completely untrue, we've never had any intention of replacing the manager'. That's different to saying 'we are playing shit but we're behind the manager'.

If they have then I hope the Thais do one. It would really show how little they know about football, and also football business to go back to a blatently loss making model with no guaruntee of success.

This, I would much rather them go than Pearson.

And he certainly is a man of principle and few would blame him if he did jack us in if he found the rumour to be true.

I feel a fair bit of 1 Nigel Pearson coming on on Saturday as well as hopefully a few **** off redknapp chants.

I'm still inclined to think we fuel the fire by talking about it on here, on RL etc than if we just brushed it off and ignored it completely. Since we don't seem able to do that then the other thing to do is show our support for NP as much as possible on Saturday.

With the whole ground singing his name, the owners may just get the message

Why bother singing anti-Redknapp songs? If they do get rid of NP and lets face it they will do as they please, why piss off a great manager who potentially could be our next manager in the process? I can see NP getting the chop, Redknapp saying eff off to us as he would be aware that he is not wanted and we end up like we did after getting rid of Sven. Perhaps people would actually prefer Dowie & Shearer together...

My guess is they have spoken to Redknapp, or were at least considering it and the word got out.

Hopefully they've changed their mind since and are realising maybe this Pearson bloke could do well.

I don't see why it would be the 'dreaded vote of confidence' to say 'the stories are completely untrue, we've never had any intention of replacing the manager'. That's different to saying 'we are playing shit but we're behind the manager'.

My point precisely.

Why bother singing anti-Redknapp songs? If they do get rid of NP and lets face it they will do as they please, why piss off a great manager who potentially could be our next manager in the process? I can see NP getting the chop, Redknapp saying eff off to us as he would be aware that he is not wanted and we end up like we did after getting rid of Sven. Perhaps people would actually prefer Dowie & Shearer together...

Its not just that we dont want NP to go but we don't want Redknapp anyway

Its not just that we dont want NP to go but we don't want Redknapp anyway

Name anyone that would be better. The man got Spurs into the top 4 of the Premiership. I think getting rid of NP would be a serious lack of judgement from Top & co. but why piss off someone who imo would be more than an adequate replacement. People seem to be hung up on bullshit that he will come in and bankrupt the club like at Portsmouth. People need to get their head around the fact that he only spent the budget he was given there and it was the financial bods who buggered it up.

To be honest I hope they don't release a statement! How often do you see something from an official source saying a job is safe, or a player is not leaving, only for him to be sacked or to leave within a few days of the story. No comments or press releases is as good as a story from the Thai's in my opinion, because as soon as there is a press release from them, you know they are at least reading the news if not involved in some way. Right now it is purely speculation and i'd rather it stay that way.

Let's get behind NP and sing his name all day on Saturday! However, let us not piss off HR just in case the unwanted thing happens and the Thai's do sack NP in favour of HR! He's a quality manager and we don't want to be left without our man NP and without a great replacement in HR.

Name anyone that would be better. The man got Spurs into the top 4 of the Premiership. I think getting rid of NP would be a serious lack of judgement from Top & co. but why piss off someone who imo would be more than an adequate replacement. People seem to be hung up on bullshit that he will come in and bankrupt the club like at Portsmouth. People need to get their head around the fact that he only spent the budget he was given there and it was the financial bods who buggered it up.

The bloke is an absolute crook. He's really not achieved that much in my eyes. The only trophy he's ever won was the FA Cup and that bankrupted Portsmouth. Spurs getting into the top 4 just happened to coincide with Liverpool and Chelsea having absolutely catastrophic seasons, if he'd done it a couple of years ago it might have been impressive - in my eyes it was more down to Chelsea ****ing it up that Spurs made the top 4 last season. Besides, with players like Modric, Bale, Adebayor & Van Der Vaart on the books, top four should have been the aim regardless.

The bloke is an absolute crook. He's really not achieved that much in my eyes. The only trophy he's ever won was the FA Cup and that bankrupted Portsmouth. Spurs getting into the top 4 just happened to coincide with Liverpool and Chelsea having absolutely catastrophic seasons, if he'd done it a couple of years ago it might have been impressive - in my eyes it was more down to Chelsea ****ing it up that Spurs made the top 4 last season. Besides, with players like Modric, Bale, Adebayor & Van Der Vaart on the books, top four should have been the aim regardless.

He did do it a couple of years ago and they got to the last 16/ quarter finals of the Champions League, I forget which.

It doesn't matter. In the event that we did get rid of Pearson I wouldn't be bothered if it was Dowie or Redknapp.

Some of you are embarrassing. Redknapp is one of the best managers In the game. Spurs were bottom of the league when he took over. When he was at Portsmouth, they won this league and then kept them up when Mandaric was the owner still. He's done an amazing job wherever he has been. Idiots.

Southampton?

And at Spurs, get it right. It was 2 points from 8 games to be exact, he must've told you.

Oh whatever. If you don't think Redknapp is a good manager then you clearly have no knowledge of football outside of Lcfc. I'm not saying Pearson should go, but if the unthinkable did happen and they got Redknapp. I would be happy. There's no doubt in my mind that we would win the league if we had Harry in charge. Luck is going our way at the moment.

Oh whatever. If you don't think Redknapp is a good manager then you clearly have no knowledge of football outside of Lcfc. I'm not saying Pearson should go, but if the unthinkable did happen and they got Redknapp. I would be happy. There's no doubt in my mind that we would win the league if we had Harry in charge. Luck is going our way at the moment.

Did I say he wasn't a good manager?

You said "He's done an amazing job everywhere he's been"- I asked if his job at Southampton (relegation and then leaving them outside the top six) qualified as an amazing job.

Guest MattP

And if you think Redknapp is a genius you clearly have no knowledge of business.

Problem is he's achieved his success at these smaller clubs by completely overspending in his time there and leaving them in a mess long after he has gone.

Most people could walk into a business, borrow 50million, splash it everywhere, see instant results with no regard for the long-term but it wouldn't change the fact you have to pay it back eventually. He just knew when to get out.

He did a very good job at Spurs, no doubt about that, but still a job that is average when compared to managers like Wenger who spent far less than him and still finished higher than him every season.

Singing anti-Redknapp songs would be completely moronic. He wouldn't even want the job! It would be like going up to random blokes in the street and shouting at them for wanting to shag your mrs.

To be fair, I would be more likely to thank him if he wanted to do that ..... one job less for me. I could then get on with more pressing matters like trimming back the garden and edging the lawn in readiness for winter.

Problem is he's achieved his success at these smaller clubs by completely overspending in his time there and leaving them in a mess long after he has gone.

Most people could walk into a business, borrow 50million, splash it everywhere, see instant results with no regard for the long-term but it wouldn't change the fact you have to pay it back eventually. He just knew when to get out.

He did a very good job at Spurs, no doubt about that, but still a job that is average when compared to managers like Wenger who spent far less than him and still finished higher than him every season.

When he was first at Portsmouth he was signing players on free transfers such as Paul Merson. and when he was at West Ham he wasn't spending big money. And did he actually spend that big at Tottenham? Most of the players were already there when he took over, no?

Archived